Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party (5156 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / Raymond Dokpesi Unveils APDA Party (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance) / Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PassingShot(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Change of name is unnecessary because Nigerians know those that r@ped our country and the fake change 80% of them represents.
Yes, Nigerians know them and the party that allowed the raping of the country.

I like that. Keep digging deeper.

4 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by opiaoku: 10:05am On Oct 23, 2015
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2015
PDP belongs to everyone irrespective of ethnic, tribal or religious creed.
ochejoseph:
PDP is the Only Party In Nigeria that understands the multi religious and Multi ethnic diversity of the nation.

Take out Tinubu (ACN) take out Buhari (CPC) components and APC will be dead and buried.

Nobody can point to a single person as the owner of the PDP but even the staunchest allies of APC know the true  Owners of their party .

The Youngest members of the National assembly  over 15 of them below 40 are all Members of the PDP, PDP has the highest number of women representation in the senate and House of representatives even though they are not the majority.

In the PDP our Loyalty to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not to any Godfather........

Nice Piece TonyeBarcanista 
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Alphaoscar: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2015
PassingShot:

My Bros just wan use this thread divert attention from the heat his anti-biafra thread generated. Realign and rally their support.

This thread is all of mind game. Kudos to him.

5 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by nairalndPOLICE: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The IPOB Struggle Not Our Interest
The Mr Kanu-led IPOB struggle for an independent Biafra is not in conforminity with legitimate struggle for TWO basic reasons:

1. It promotes hate and violence against the State, other ethnic groups and also against members of Igbo ethnic nationality that does not share the Biafran ideology as preached by Kanu and his IPOB crew. Violence was never part of the UN charter on self-determination

2. The ethnic Nationalities in the Niger-Delta are yet to enter into any agreement with anybody as regard the composition, structure or otherwise of the IPOB proposed country. We are already facing a challenge in Nigeria where our forebearers in their wisdom failed to define terms of our unity as a country. In fact, we are working on correcting these anomalies legitimately.

Interesting Barca, after all the lower niger congress movement?
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
#thesepeople has also denounce a useless and futureless corrupt pdp

soonest u will regain ur senses.
even if everybody decamps or defect, I will be d last person to tow that line.
quote me anywhere
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

I agree with you.

APGA is already seen by others as a regional party. It should therefore aim to own that label and not apologise to any body about it. The leadership of APGA should wake up and stop being seduced by any unrealistic pretensions to power at the centre, because the reality is that with the hostility demonstrated by other ethnic groups towards the Igbo nation, APGA will NEVER win power at the centre and may only marginally win seats outside of Igbo land in those areas populated significantly by the Igbo and her friends who feel no shame in identifying with us.

With this reality and the fact that achieving an independence referendum can be a prolonged and laborous process, APGA must reposition itself as the political voice of those of the Igbo intelligensia and its masses who still wish to believe in the fading mirage that equity, justice and a level playing field can be achieved within Nigeria politically. For the Igbo, the political machinary to achieving this is neither APC or PDP. Both parties are two sides of the same coin, populated by psychpathic political mercenaries who mouth 'change' but know not the meaning of the word.

It is imperative that within the Nigerian space, APGA becomes the political mouth piece of the East, while those of us who have completely lost hope that equity and justice can be achieved for Ndigbo within the fake contraption called Nigeria, continue with our agitation for our Biafra.

Quite an intelligent post!

I have always said to my people, Ndi Igbo; vote for APGA or our people, whether they're likely to win or not is inconsequential. We will survive, we have always done.

APGA can be to Ndi Igbo what SNP(Scottish National Party) is to the Scottish People. If I were part of its leadership, I would suggest they send delegates to Holyrood for obvious reasons. They must tap into this great Biafra movement by the youth. Take the youths in and draft a plan towards a referendum and parallel development of AlaIgbo - see Scotland and Catalonian strategy and road map.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by nairalndPOLICE: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

In addition to the above, I find it disrespectful and insulting on the sensibilities of the Ijaws(Okrikans) and the Ikwerres over claim by some IPOB promoters that Portharcourt belongs to the Igbos and they will "reclaim" it. Unfortunately, no promoter of the IPOB struggle has stated otherwise. For the record, the status of Portharcourt as the exclusive ownership of the Okrikans(PH South) and the Ikwerres is non-negotiable. [b]Specifically, not a single inch of Okrika and other Ijaw land, whether in PH or anywhere else will be surrendered to anyone under any guise.

I recognise and respect the right of everyone to self-determination but I have to state that the Kanu-led IPOB ideology is not what my people desire. I also respect the right of our Igbo brothers to their own interest but I disagree with call for violence as propagated by members of IPOB.
[/b]

SMH
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PointB: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Is this your argument sir? If it is then I humbly disagree with you. The PDP had no choice but to zone its Presidential ticket for 2019 and 2023 to the North. This is because the South has enjoyed 4tickets, while the North only had one which was even completed by the South. The PDP did well and showed that it belongs to all Nigeria and not just a section

Is about merit or zoning? If it's about merit then why zone it? If it's about zoning, who decided it should be between North and South why not across the geopolitical zone? When is it going to be zoned to SE? Or does Nigeria not also belong to the SE?

In any case, zoning or merit, we are yet to see what the PDP is bringing on board. APC is currently showing it has no agenda nor plan. It's grasping to even understand the challenge of governance. What is PDP bringing on board this time, why should I stand for what I have no idea about? Why should we simply stand behind "zoning power to North"?
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by fastestfinger: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2015
I thank my God that my brothers have started to desert your stupid threads;cos,they now know you for who you really are.the eyes of my people have started to open.for the records:we gave our support to Gej because we had to choose the lesser of 2 evils.oga,GOD punish you and your party and the rest of them.we in the east are not party apologists like you.WE ARE GOING TO START ALLOWING YOU GUYS FIGHT YOUR BATTLES YOURSELVES...50% oil revenue,environmental degradation e.t.c lets see how strong you guys really are.when it comes to issues pertaining to your people,you want our unalloyed support.but,when it comes to issues pertaining to us,you hesitate.your kind are like the biblical Reuben,UNSTABLE IN ALL THEIR WAYS...we gave Gej 100% support.but,if Gej were to be an igbo man,i know for a certain we wouldn't get 10% support from our supposed SS brothers.we know were the north stands.heck,we even know were the yorubas stand.but,with you guys,one can never be so certain.its best we treat you people like the betrayers,saboteurs and turncoats that you really are.

5 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by MizMyColi(f): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2015

That a clay plate has been broken doesn't mean it can't be mended.
That plate can be broken into total pieces, ground to fine powder and remolded, such that it looks even better than how it was.

Ask the master potter how he does it.

APC is not an option. Mbanu.
I rep Next Generation PDP cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by modath(f): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2015
PassingShot:

[b]TonyeBarcanista, has mind control voodoo to rob the memories of the average Joe Nigerian of the numerous ills of the PDP, & also bewitch PMB to ensure he fails like his Hero... smiley

He keeps claiming PDP will rise again in the North where Mama Piss' "born trowey" & "dead brain" has ensured they can't even produce councillors... You can't even talk about PDP without attracting raised eyebrows.

Maybe he thinks the Motorboy on the streets of Bichi will read his epistle on PDP's rebirth & join up with him to "rebuild" a party that mocked their RELIGION, CULTURE, VALUES & EMBARASSED their dearly BELOVED with that certificate scandal.

We will all by God's grace make it beyond 2019 & we will all see how to win a state where the governor is not only doing well but PDP has no grassroot presence...

That was why it was difficult for APC to win in the SS/SE, there is nothing to build on, but trust Barca to give it a spin that is out of this world.

Na so he "analyse" Oyo &Ogun that he knows zero about but only read about on the pages of newspapers... grin cheesy

PDP can't ever win in the north again #fact...

Mr Boeing Space knows it, he's closer to the north & used scope to waka, cos he has realised it's a lost cause..Tonye eye go clear soon. smiley[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PointB: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

I agree with you.

APGA is already seen by others as a regional party. It should therefore aim to own that label and not apologise to any body about it. The leadership of APGA should wake up and stop being seduced by any unrealistic pretensions to power at the centre, because the reality is that with the hostility demonstrated by other ethnic groups towards the Igbo nation, APGA will NEVER win power at the centre and may only marginally win seats outside of Igbo land in those areas populated significantly by the Igbo and her friends who feel no shame in identifying with us.

With this reality and the fact that achieving an independence referendum can be a prolonged and laborous process, APGA must reposition itself as the political voice of those of the Igbo intelligensia and its masses who still wish to believe in the fading mirage that equity, justice and a level playing field can be achieved within Nigeria politically. For the Igbo, the political machinary to achieving this is neither APC or PDP. Both parties are two sides of the same coin, populated by psychpathic political mercenaries who mouth 'change' but know not the meaning of the word.

It is imperative that within the Nigerian space, APGA becomes the political mouth piece of the East, while those of us who have completely lost hope that equity and justice can be achieved for Ndigbo within the fake contraption called Nigeria, continue with our agitation for our Biafra.

Very well said.

I'm willing to give APGA a chance. But let's even say theoretically APGA morphed into national party and by some chance an Igboman becomes President? What next? Does the remove the fact that as soon as the oil runs out, it'll be to your tent O-Israel?

My point is that without structural reform of the country, we'll just be going round in cycle - rotating power and achieving less then average developmental growth. We should take our destiny in our own hands. Unless we are not seeing the handwriting on the wall, our destiny does not lie with Nigeria. We can achieve more without Nigeria as stumbling block. I stand with no party, I stand with my people.

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by porshuch: 11:46am On Oct 23, 2015
As for me and my household the name PDP is like cancer to us. If PDP wants to win the hearts of Nigerians again, then they need JESUS CHRIST to do that for them.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2015
PointB:

Very well said.

I'm willing to give APGA a chance. But let's even say theoretically APGA morphed into national party and by some chance an Igboman becomes President? What next? Does the remove the fact that as soon as the oil runs out, it'll be to your tent O-Israel?

My point is that without structural reform of the country, we'll just be going round in cycle - rotating power and achieving less then average developmental growth. We should take our destiny in our own hands. Unless we are not seeing the handwriting on the wall, our destiny does not lie with Nigeria. We can achieve more without Nigeria as stumbling block. I stand with no party, I stand with my people.

As mentioned by Frank, APGA should use the Scottish National Party and other such parties that are unashameably 'nationalistic' and seek first the well-being of its 'nation' (in this case the Igbo nation) as its model. If in spite of this it is still able to win power at the centre (a rather difficult if not impossible feat) then it should use that power to change the constitution to allow for restructuring or complete dismembering of this charade we call a country!

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Beremx(f): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

That plate can be broken into total pieces, ground to fine powder and remolded, such that it looks even better than how it was.

stop giving yourself hope because PDP is dead.
Next generation PDP my foot!

grin

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by nigerianvenom(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc...
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

I'll stand n fight for PDP. I'll stand n fight for udom emmanuel. I'll stand and fight for the biggest party in Africa-PDP

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by MizMyColi(f): 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Beremx:
grin

Na you kill am?grin

Even if na true sef
Do I have to remind you that Lazarus was dead for 3 days?
You know the story la.

Since I have made peace with my new found passion with politics cum activism,
I might as well get a platform.
APC is not an option.

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol. Sis, na for Otueke the boat dey? Na wa o. grin grin
Anyways, make una sail on with Goodluck's blessings.
But make Mama P no enter o.. If not.. Chaiiiii.. There will be God. .
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
PointB:

Very well said.

I second that!

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by SeverusSnape(m): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Beremx:

grin
A dead party has more than fourty senators in the upper legislative chamber.

A dead party was just given fourty five slots in the lower legislative chamber to head various house committees.

A dead party determined who became the third and fourth citizen of the country, which made your stupid_ Presidiot and Thieffnubu to go haywire. grin

A dead party has a good number of governors who are impacting positively in the lives of their people.

Hmmm... Obviously, this "dead party" is not so dead, YOUR BRAIN, just like Buhari's own is DEAD. smiley

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by MizMyColi(f): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
musKeeto:

Lol. Sis, na for Otueke the boat dey? Na wa o. grin grin
Anyways, make una sail on with Goodluck's blessings.
But make Mama P no enter o.. If not.. Chaiiiii.. There will be God. .

smiley
The Umbrella:

Sailing adrift, in search of those who will carry the banner.

Share if you will carry it with US.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
PointB:

Is about merit or zoning? If it's about merit then why zone it? If it's about zoning, who decided it should be between North and South why not across the geopolitical zone? When is it going to be zoned to SE? Or does Nigeria not also belong to the SE?

In any case, zoning or merit, we are yet to see what the PDP is bringing on board. APC is currently showing it has no agenda nor plan. It's grasping to even understand the challenge of governance. What is PDP bringing on board this time, why should I stand for what I have no idea about? Why should we simply stand behind "zoning power to North"?
Sorry I was busy. On the issue of SE, it is my position that the SE must be compensated with the VP slot that will be for the South for 2019 and 2023 elections, and also the Presidential slot when it returns to the South in 2027 considering that tha SS and SW have enjoyed their slots under the PDP with two Presidential tickets each. The purpose of this zoning is to see that power goes round.
Believe in PDP, let's build the party!
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PointB: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Sorry I was busy. On the issue of SE, it is my position that the SE must be compensated with the VP slot that will be for the South for 2019 and 2023 elections, and also the Presidential slot when it returns to the South in 2027 considering that tha SS and SW have enjoyed their slots under the PDP with two Presidential tickets each. The purpose of this zoning is to see that power goes round.
Believe in PDP, let's build the party!

I do not speak for SE. If I do, I''ll say SE does not need VP President, and does not require any compensation. What SE need is a restructured Nigeria. A fair, just, and equitable country, which everyone will be proud of. That or BIAFRA whichever comes first!

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
nigerianvenom:

I'll stand n fight for PDP. I'll stand n fight for udom emmanuel. I'll stand and fight for the biggest party in Africa-PDP
You are the true son of your father and Akwa Ibom state. I wish Gov Udom Emmanuel and PDP success in the forthcoming re-run poll. #PowerToThePeople

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Can anything dead resurrect?

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Beremx(f): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

Na you kill am?grin

Even if na true sef
Do I have to remind you that Lazarus was dead for 3 days?
You know the story la.

Since I have made peace with my new found passion with politics cum activism,
I might as well get a platform.
APC is not an option.
I never said APC was an option. Get a platform but not APC or PDP.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
PointB:

I do not speak for SE. If I do, I''ll say SE does not need VP President, and does not require any compensation. What SE need is a restructured Nigeria. A fair, just, and equitable country, which everyone will be proud of. That or BIAFRA whichever comes first!
Restructured system is very possible when we have a people oriented government which PDP shall give Nigerians.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by chrisblack: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The exit of Godwin Amanze Ohimai from the camp of the PDP came as a very huge shock to me. The reaction from both members of the ruling-opposition(APC) and from the camp of the umbrella got me thinking whether or not the PDP is 'futureless' as claimed by Ohimai.

Since inheriting opposition role from the now ruling APC, one agenda that I set was my resolve to join hands with patriotic Nigerians to rebuild PDP and reposition it for 2019 General election. Though I have never held any official portfolio in the past, neither am I operating as an officer of the PDP, I am very much committed to this cause. My commitment to project PDP is not for personal gain either. For avoidance of doubt, I have never benefited anything from the PDP at ANY time.

As opposition party, the primary objective of the PDP should be to win the heart and mind of Nigerians irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation, especially the young people that are clamouring for leadership. The party must also be repositioned to reclaim Aso Rock and win majority of the 36 states in 2019 General election. This can only be achieved through purposeful leadership, restructuring and reforming the party for the good of members and Nigeria as a whole.

Contrary to Ohimai's claim, the PDP is neither useless nor futureless. The future of PDP belongs to her youthful members, supporters and sympathisers. Ithe party remains the largest opposition party in Africa and shall be positioned to lead Nigeria again. However, it must define its principle and stick to it.

I shall continue to stand with PDP believing that the power that is presently and temporarily residing with the APC cabals will return to the People in 2019...

#PDP Shall Lead Again #IStandWithPDP
Guy we all knew you were promised but it dindt work out because your guys lost.while APC had no space for you .the only option is for you to remain with PDP hoping some day that they might be fortunate.Forget the fronting i know in your heart you still regretted your move.With the crop of leadership and followers i see no hope for PDP.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
nigerianvenom:

how far u dey uyo?
amekid si iba?
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Mogidi: 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
ochejoseph:
PDP is the Only Party In Nigeria that understands the multi religious and Multi ethnic diversity of the nation.

Take out Tinubu (ACN) take out Buhari (CPC) components and APC will be dead and buried.

Nobody can point to a single person as the owner of the PDP but even the staunchest allies of APC know the true  Owners of their party .

The Youngest members of the National assembly  over 15 of them below 40 are all Members of the PDP, PDP has the highest number of women representation in the senate and House of representatives even though they are not the majority.

In the PDP our Loyalty to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not to any Godfather........

Nice Piece TonyeBarcanista 

This really sums up PDP.
Another great one from the irrepressible TonyeBarcanista.

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by nigerianvenom(m): 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

how far u dey uyo?
amekid si iba?

Yes oooo. Mmekid ooo.
Make we sit out this evening na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Were Sacked by Gov Wike Because We Told him The Obvious Truth / FG To Submit 2019 Budget In September / How To Join A Political Party In Nigeria | List Of Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.