Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,629 members, 7,851,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party (5155 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / Raymond Dokpesi Unveils APDA Party (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance) / Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by OEPHIUS(m): 8:55am On Oct 23, 2015
#IStandWithOhimai

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by soloafe: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2015
The future belong to PDP, I don't see any party that can match the umbrella. what we are seeing now is temporary . congratulations to Gej the the true face of democracy in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by BENZINA(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2015
Ribadu for president.
Fayose/P. Obi for vice President.
TonyeBaarcanista for..................., let me think.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by PointB: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2015
soloafe:
The future belong to PDP, I don't see any party that can match the umbrella. what we are seeing now is temporary . congratulations to Gej the the true face of democracy in Africa.

The PDP has no present, how can it have a future?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Jesusloveyou: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The exit of Godwin Amanze Ohimai from the camp of the PDP came as a very huge shock to me. The reaction from both members of the ruling-opposition(APC) and from the camp of the umbrella got me thinking whether or not the PDP is 'futureless' as claimed by Ohimai.

Since inheriting opposition role from the now ruling APC, one agenda that I set was my resolve to join hands with patriotic Nigerians to rebuild PDP and reposition it for 2019 General election. Though I have never held any official portfolio in the past, neither am I operating as an officer of the PDP, I am very much committed to this cause. My commitment to project PDP is not for personal gain either. For avoidance of doubt, I have never benefited anything from the PDP at ANY time.

As opposition party, the primary objective of the PDP should be to win the heart and mind of Nigerians irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation, especially the young people that are clamouring for leadership. The party must also be repositioned to reclaim Aso Rock and win majority of the 36 states in 2019 General election. This can only be achieved through purposeful leadership, restructuring and reforming the party for the good of members and Nigeria as a whole.

Contrary to Ohimai's claim, the PDP is neither useless nor futureless. The future of PDP belongs to her youthful members, supporters and sympathisers. Ithe party remains the largest opposition party in Africa and shall be positioned to lead Nigeria again. However, it must define its principle and stick to it.

I shall continue to stand with PDP believing that the power that is presently and temporarily residing with the APC cabals will return to the People in 2019...

#PDP Shall Lead Again #IStandWithPDP
my guy is too late, u were one of those who first destroyed pdp when u campaign against pdp corruption, so which mouth wil u use to tell people that pdp as a party is not corruption personified, it can't be possible for pdp again, except they change their names

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2015
OEPHIUS:
Ohimai the guy who the space in his head is big enough to park a Boeing 747 has showed his hands finally.

To be honest though, I feel his pain. I wonder how it must feel watching Akpabio making a fool of everything during the entire screen exercise(not just Amaechi but all). It was just shameful.

Gone were the days that the opposition did their job in the senate as they have been reduced to clowns. People like Ben Bruce who is more visual on Twitter are just frustrating.

Ohimai did what he thought right same way @deyanjudeji has said he won't support Iris Wada

The present leadership of the PDP are without shame and integrity
I think the opposition party supporters and social chanters should also share in the blame for 'cheering anything done by party chieftains just like our brothers in the broom camp without considering merit and defining issues. The PDP members in the 8th Senate have been disappointing so far with some of their acts and deeds. But, the bigger picture is a reformed party and not maintaining status quo.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by maestroferddi: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2015
Is it not rather better that all the turncoats, carpetbaggers, opportunists, "food is reaady" members and sundry deadwoods are leaving the PDP now?

The PDP will definitely re-emerge more robust and purposely. We are following the example of the Conservatives Party (Tories) in the UK. The Conservatives experienced a similar meltdown but re-tooled to reclaim her primacy in the scheme of things.

The PDP is undergoing structural re-engineering with a view to cede its leadership to the enterprise and dynamism of the youths. History will vindicate developments.

BTW for me it is either PDP or nothing. Granted that mistakes were made but perish the thought of embracing the deviousness which encapsulates the APC as a party.

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by BENZINA(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2015
Biafra will do for PDP what BOKO HARAM did for APC. Game changer!
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Jesusloveyou: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2015
PointB:

have u also denounce to be saTANist? D change is really "real" d lion of ubima has really change u saTANist directions

2 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by hinwazaka: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2015
kossyablaze:
Hmmm ok shaa...PDP will win my “Sia-elastic heart“ again in the next 16years
You don't even know what Sia meant by Elastic heart. Dummy!
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2015
PointB:

PointB:

On point.
Personally, I don't see any benefit for SE/SS supporting or rooting for PDP. Until that is clearly defined, Biafra it is for me. PDP and APC should both go to blazes! APC has taken over power for the sake of it and are now struggling to rule without any blueprint. By zoning power to the North, PDP is trying to do same thing. Power without responsibility is what has caused the stagnation of the country.
Basically, PDP is saying that after predictable wasted years the duara dullard is leading is through, we should allow PDP to do same. So when will it end? Or is just a vicious cycle?
I believe Biafra hold more hope and has better future than this failed system Nigeria is struggling with.
Is this your argument sir? If it is then I humbly disagree with you. The PDP had no choice but to zone its Presidential ticket for 2019 and 2023 to the North. This is because the South has enjoyed 4tickets, while the North only had one which was even completed by the South. The PDP did well and showed that it belongs to all Nigeria and not just a section

3 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by hinwazaka: 9:12am On Oct 23, 2015
The PDP, is stronger and more united than ever. The PDP, has something the APC will never have: self discipline. Godwin or whatever he calls himself has probably gotten a new Avatar. He is still with the PDP
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by tuniski: 9:12am On Oct 23, 2015
kossyablaze:
Hmmm ok shaa...PDP will win my “Sia-elastic heart“ again in the next 16years
Hmmm u are just clowning! PDP is very much alive everywhere in nigeria. With the way things are, apc needs to start performing miracles before it is too late. At this rate, the streets will revolt come 2019 and apc should start preparing to exit Aso Rock. They are best as opposition governance is strange to them !! Apc scam
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by glassjar1: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The exit of Godwin Amanze Ohimai from the camp of the PDP came as a very huge shock to me. The reaction from both members of the ruling-opposition(APC) and from the camp of the umbrella got me thinking whether or not the PDP is 'futureless' as claimed by Ohimai.

Since inheriting opposition role from the now ruling APC, one agenda that I set was my resolve to join hands with patriotic Nigerians to rebuild PDP and reposition it for 2019 General election. Though I have never held any official portfolio in the past, neither am I operating as an officer of the PDP, I am very much committed to this cause. My commitment to project PDP is not for personal gain either. For avoidance of doubt, I have never benefited anything from the PDP at ANY time.

As opposition party, the primary objective of the PDP should be to win the heart and mind of Nigerians irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation, especially the young people that are clamouring for leadership. The party must also be repositioned to reclaim Aso Rock and win majority of the 36 states in 2019 General election. This can only be achieved through purposeful leadership, restructuring and reforming the party for the good of members and Nigeria as a whole.

Contrary to Ohimai's claim, the PDP is neither useless nor futureless. The future of PDP belongs to her youthful members, supporters and sympathisers. Ithe party remains the largest opposition party in Africa and shall be positioned to lead Nigeria again. However, it must define its principle and stick to it.

I shall continue to stand with PDP believing that the power that is presently and temporarily residing with the APC cabals will return to the People in 2019...

YOU ARE DONE . FINITO . GO BACK TO OGUN STATE WHERE YOU FROM . cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by BENZINA(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2015
#PDP4LIFE.
The youths are taking over pdp.

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by kossyablaze(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2015
hinwazaka:

You don't even know what Sia meant by Elastic heart. Dummy!
Ok sir!was tryna make my punch line tho.Didn't write it to tally wit d one she meant.My punch aint for dimwit bubble head lowlife assholes like u...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by glassjar1: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

GET OUT OF Biafra . carry your APC AND PDP WAHALLA BACK TO YOUR PEOPLE . WE ARE FREE PEOPLE .

PDP IS BACK TO NORTH . YOU WILL COME TO REALISE YOUR mistakes at the age of 81 .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Beremx(f): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2015
I am interested on how APGA will build their party. I hope this time around,they will not be an affiliation to PDP.

PDP is dead and buried.

5 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Jesusloveyou: 9:21am On Oct 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc...
Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots
#thesepeople has also denounce a useless and futureless corrupt pdp

2 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by BENZINA(m): 9:22am On Oct 23, 2015
Come 2019, the pdp shall be heavily ready to do what it shy-away from in 2015 election.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Jesusloveyou: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2015
hinwazaka:
The PDP, is stronger and more united than ever. The PDP, has something the APC will never have: self discipline. Godwin or whatever he calls himself has probably gotten a new Avatar. He is still with the PDP
d guy has totally denounce #thesepeople that has no future

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Dolarman(m): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista, you no dey shame? Bros, your relevance on this platform is fast diminishing... grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by hinwazaka: 9:29am On Oct 23, 2015
kossyablaze:
Ok sir!was tryna make my punch line tho.Didn't write it to tally wit d one she meant.My punch aint for dimwit bubble head lowlife assholes like u...
If you were an attentive listener, you would have heard in the chorus, when she mentioned having a " thick skin". But APC inattentive children don't ever listen, so go figure, dummy.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by hinwazaka: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
d guy has totally denounce #thesepeople that has no future
Delude yourself. And besides, who the f**k is he, compared to millions of PDP faithfuls, home and abroad.
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2015
maestroferddi:
Is it not rather better that all the turncoats, carpetbaggers, opportunists, "food is reaady" members and sundry deadwoods are leaving the PDP now?

The PDP will definitely re-emerge more robust and purposely. We are following the example of the Conservatives Party (Tories) in the UK. The Conservatives experienced a similar meltdown but re-tooled to reclaim her primacy in the scheme of things.

The PDP is undergoing structural re-engineering with a view to cede its leadership to the enterprise and dynamism of the youths. History will vindicate developments.

BTW for me it is either PDP or nothing. Granted that mistakes were made but perish the thought of embracing the deviousness which encapsulates the APC as a party.
Well, we have to respect the choice of everyone though painful that those that benefited from PDP when PDP was in power are now making statements like this. What were they expecting when they refused to call some of our chieftains to order whenever they 'misbehave'?
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by opiaoku: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2015
tuniski:
Hmmm u are just clowning! PDP is very much alive everywhere in nigeria. With the way things are, apc needs to start performing miracles before it is too late. At this rate, the streets will revolt come 2019 and apc should start preparing to exit Aso Rock. They are best as opposition governance is strange to them !! Apc scam
Well, APC is meant for opposition
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by patrick89(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2015
You are own your own....
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2015
Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by ochejoseph(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2015
PDP is the Only Party In Nigeria that understands the multi religious and Multi ethnic diversity of the nation.

Take out Tinubu (ACN) take out Buhari (CPC) components and APC will be dead and buried.

Nobody can point to a single person as the owner of the PDP but even the staunchest allies of APC know the true  Owners of their party .

The Youngest members of the National assembly  over 15 of them below 40 are all Members of the PDP, PDP has the highest number of women representation in the senate and House of representatives even though they are not the majority.

In the PDP our Loyalty to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not to any Godfather........

Nice Piece TonyeBarcanista

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53am On Oct 23, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Of course if Buhari fails he is on his own.

The joker is: Buhari cannot will not fail.

Where you see failure, we see a measured staff and a growing foundation amidst universal challenges (low oil prices)

I don't want to wish Buhari failure but I've not been impressed so far by Buhari. In fact, I just hope things don't get worse than it is at present.

1 Like

Re: Standing For The Peoples' Democratic Party by Ngwaukwu1(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2015
FrankAba1:
If Biafra doesn't come by the next election, my Igbo brothers & sisters in local politics will be so silly not to realign with APGA. I don't think all those other parties have anything to offer Ndi Igbo or it's future.

I agree with you.

APGA is already seen by others as a regional party. It should therefore aim to own that label and not apologise to any body about it. The leadership of APGA should wake up and stop being seduced by any unrealistic pretensions to power at the centre, because the reality is that with the hostility demonstrated by other ethnic groups towards the Igbo nation, APGA will NEVER win power at the centre and may only marginally win seats outside of Igbo land in those areas populated significantly by the Igbo and her friends who feel no shame in identifying with us.

With this reality and the fact that achieving an independence referendum can be a prolonged and laborous process, APGA must reposition itself as the political voice of those of the Igbo intelligensia and its masses who still wish to believe in the fading mirage that equity, justice and a level playing field can be achieved within Nigeria politically. For the Igbo, the political machinary to achieving this is neither APC or PDP. Both parties are two sides of the same coin, populated by psychopathic political mercenaries who mouth 'change' but know not the meaning of the word.

It is imperative that within the Nigerian space, APGA becomes the political mouth piece of the East, while those of us who have completely lost hope that equity and justice can be achieved for Ndigbo within the fake contraption called Nigeria, continue with our agitation for our Biafra.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before Vs After Arrest:see Look Of Man Detain By Buhari For 2yrs Without Trial / See Their Faces: Akwa Ibom PDP Mourns Akpabio's Defection To APC / The Garage Of The Second Nigerian Senate President. You Will Be Shocked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.