Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae (432 Views)

EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief / How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by squash1986(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2015
Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Chief Olu Falae, has declared that his release from the kidnappers' den averted an ethnic war between the Yoruba and Fulani.
He said that if he was killed by the Fulani herdsmen who recently kidnapped him, there would have been an outbreak of ethnic war between the two tribes.
Falae stated this on Thursday when he hosted the former governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau in his house in Akure, Ondo State.
The former presidential candidate said it was God that saved him during his captivity because the abductors planned to kill him on the day he was released.
According to him, "God has a way of doing His things; I know God just decided to spare my life; He really saved my life; they tortured me, stripped me naked and did a lot of things to me in their den. They attempted to kill me but they did not succeed.
"I also thank God for making me to survive the ordeal because if they had killed me there, many lives would have been lost too; it would have become an ethnic war between the Yoruba and the Fulani. So, I thank God that the matter did not get to that level," he said.

While expressing his sympathy to the Afenifere leader, Shekarau said the only solution to the insecurity situation in Nigeria is for the people to embrace community policing, where everybody will be a policeman in his area.
The former minister of education said the issue of security in the country should be the major concern of everybody and not the police alone. He said there was a need for government at all levels to encourage community policing.
Shekarau said: "The issue of security should be the concern of everybody and not only policemen. Our governments should do everything possible to encourage community policing. Everybody should be a policeman; everybody should be his brother's keeper. We should learn how to immediately report any act of criminality to security agents.
"It is very unfortunate that this kind of thing happened to an elderly man like Chief Falae who had served this country meritoriously," Shekarau stated.
He thanked the security men for arresting the perpetrators and charged that they must not go unpunished.
Falae was abducted on September 21 by some Fulani herdsmen and was released on the third day after paying a N5 million ransom.

www.authorityngr.com/2015/10/My-release-averted-Yoruba-Fulani-war--Falae
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by benedictnsi(m): 8:20am On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by ERAKAMUS: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2015
Thank God.
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by kossyablaze(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2015
Lol some people will like to watch dat war...#TeamWhiteFlag

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by bolajJP007: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2015
Story Story.
If you were killed, we would only have sympatised with your family and life goes on.
Nobody will rest going to war because of you. All the money you amased in your sojourn with government, how many yoruba people did you spend it with.
Yeye leaders that are only afternoon their pockets.
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by Florblu(f): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2015
Iranu!Die first
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by manuelzz(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2015
Which war? You should rather say that your release halted the invasion of the fulanis into yorubar Land. Slave dey fight master? Mtcheeew
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by Austin4lif: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2015
Hahaha, yoruba dey fight war? Ask Gen, kuti for more clarification.
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by Frankiss44(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2015
Lol.. Very funny.. This old man dey over estimate him importance oh... You for just die like fowl and nobody go notice.. Highest your kinsmen go chop free amala and ewedu for your head... Mtcheeew
Re: My Release Averted Yoruba-fulani War - Falae by iokpebholo: 11:22am On Oct 23, 2015
Hahhahaha!!which war?cowards don't fight remember.

(1) (Reply)

13 Killed In Boko Haram Attack In Niger Village / What Will You Do ? / An Open Letter To President Buhari By Ali Baba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.