Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Did You Know The City Of Tokyo Was Originally Called Edo? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did You Know The City Of Tokyo Was Originally Called Edo? (678 Views)

Get To Know The Nok Culture, Nigeria’s Oldest Known Civilization (pics) / The Statue Of Liberty Is Originally The Statue Of Moremi By Ooni Of Ife. / The Beautiful City Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know The City Of Tokyo Was Originally Called Edo? by livelifeng: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
http://livelifeng.com/factfriday-the-city-of-tokyo-was-originally-called-edo

I only wished Tokyo still remained as Edo

The town was renamed Tokyo in 1868
Re: Did You Know The City Of Tokyo Was Originally Called Edo? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yea, of course they are benin. lipsrsealed
Re: Did You Know The City Of Tokyo Was Originally Called Edo? by tpiah11: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
That's nice.
Re: Did You Know The City Of Tokyo Was Originally Called Edo? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
I don't think the Japanese and Edo are in any way related l, but names like Osasu, Osayuki, and Osawaru sound Japanese like. And obviously I'm not saying those names are Japanese, before somebody twists my words.

(1) (Reply)

Read The Stages Of Rituals The New Ooni Of ife Adeyeye Ogunwusi Is Set 2 Undergo / New Emir Of Borgu Takes Over / Tinubu, Madam Efunroye (ca. 1805-1887)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.