Stats: 3,151,420 members, 7,812,236 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

The Beautiful City Of Kano - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful City Of Kano (15434 Views)

Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) / The Greatest Black City Of The Ancient World - Thebes - City Of A Hundred Gates / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Pictured With His Daughters (2) (3) (4)

The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
I haven't visited Kano in about seven years and I am curious about how it has changed.

If you are living in Kano, post some pictures of the beautiful state.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
Here we.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
New Built Kwankwasiya City

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
shocked shocked

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
New University. NorthWest University

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ado Bayero Mall

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
I feel like visiting Kano!!

Maybe sometime in the future in sha Allah.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2016

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Contact17:
I feel like visiting Kano!!
Maybe sometime in the future in sha Allah.
Ok until then. More pictures loading.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
I must serve in kano ooo.....I've been thinking of that for sometime now.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Maybe I will link you up with my uncle then.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Contact17:

Maybe I will link you up with my uncle then.

Really?! shocked that will make me very happy.....
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Audu Bako Zoological Garden

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2016

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Kano National Museum Known as Gidan Makama is 576 years old, built on 1440 by emir of kano Rumfa. The office of Nigerian First Governor General Sir Baron Fedric Lord Lugard is located inside.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
Friendschoice:
Kano National Museum Known as Gidan Maka is 576 years old, built on 1440 by emir of kano Rumfa. The office of Nigerian First Governor General Sir Baron Fedric Lord Lugard is located inside.

Is the presence of sharia much in kano?
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Is the presence of sharia much in kano?
No. partially. All what you here on Nairaland are media lies.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Friendschoice:

No. partially. All what you here on Nairaland are media lies.

At least that "partially" is enough to make me love kano, the fitna I face here ehn, especially seeing crappy things from the ladies.....is just too much

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gidan dan Hausa was built in 1909 & served as the first colonial residency in #Kano & first colonial school. #Nigeria. Its presently Kano state own museum.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

At least that "partially" is enough to make me love kano, the fitna I face here ehn, especially seeing crappy things from the ladies.....is just too much

One of the proverbs of Kano is. "Kodame kazo anfika" Meaning anything you think you can do, its done here.

Crappy things you talk, there are known areas where that happens.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Friendschoice:

One of the proverbs of Kano is. "Kodame kazo anfika" Meaning anything you think you can do, its done here.

Crappy things you talk, there are known areas where that happens.

I see......
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I see......
If you go to sabon gari of Kano, you will think its another State.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sports. Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano Pillars stadium etc Don't have much pics on this

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
kano Royalty.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by AideeSheks(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

So would I. All the people I know that have been there have always spoken highly of the place. Even one of my aunts who is a non-muslim. Sadly, the media propaganda about the north gives many people here a general bad impression of it.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2016
Friendschoice:

If you go to sabon gari of Kano, you will think its another State.

In what sense?
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
AideeSheks:

So would I. All the people I know that have been there have always spoken highly of the place. Even one of my aunts who is a non-muslim. Sadly, the media propaganda about the north gives many people here a general bad impression of it.

Very sad indeed, when I was speaking with my mum about kano some hours ago, she was like, "ah! Security problems". grin
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

In what sense?

You will see different tribes there, and in some places in Sabon gari they sale Alcoholic drinks. Presence of many clubs etc.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Friendschoice:

You will see different tribes there, and in some places in Sabon gari they sale Alcoholic drinks. Presence of many clubs etc.

So I guess that is the "non-islamic" part of kano.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

So I guess that is the "non-islamic" part of kano.

Not really. Its one of the commercial heart of Kano. Both Muslim and Non Muslim lives there, but laws on alcoholic don't seems to work there.
Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Very sad indeed, when I was speaking with my mum about kano some hours ago, she was like, "ah! Security problems". grin

No security problems in kano. Absolutely no. its more secured than south. You can go out 24 hours, you can travel by any hour of the day. No rituals unlike other state you don't go out in the evening in certain days. No Boko Haram in Kano.

You're free to practice your non Islamic religion. They are many churches, perhaps more than some southern state.

I wount hide it to you, the only problem is, you cannot go to Kano and insult Allah (SWT) or Prophet Muhammad (SAW) just the way some people are doing on Nairaland and go unpunished.

kano people are hospitable as far as you don't rubbish their Faith. Its in Kano we celebrate eid with Christian and when Xmas come, you will see Christian share food with Muslim.

Re: The Beautiful City Of Kano by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
Friendschoice:

No security problems in kano. Absolutely no. its more secured than south. You can go out 24 hours, you can travel by any hour of the day. No rituals unlike other state you don't go out in the evening in certain days. No Boko Haram in Kano.

You're free to practice your non Islamic religion. They are many churches, perhaps more than some southern state.

I wount hide it to you, the only problem is, you cannot go to Kano and insult Allah (SWT) or Prophet Muhammad (SAW) just the way some people are doing on Nairaland and go unpunished.

kano people are hospitable as far as you don't rubbish their Faith. Its in Kano we celebrate eid with Christian and when Xmas come, you will see Christian share food with Muslim.

Wow! Kano here I come insha Allaah.

The Idea Of A Strong Black Woman / How Many Of You Know About The Somali Slave Trade Of Blacks? / Raising Your Children The Nigerian Way When Married To A Foreigner