Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,035 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

T - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / T (610 Views)

If Your Daughter Spilled Your Butter All Over Herself, What Would You Do? / After Spending Millions For Your Daughter's Wedding(photo) / Can You Kiss Your Daughter Like This? PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T by kiddkash(m): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Y
Re: T by marshalcarter: 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Wait lemme goan ask abraham....brb

#headin to ancient dayz grin
Re: T by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
Good question, is there a difference? grin
Re: T by lilmax(m): 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
It depends on how you look at it
Re: T by psucc(m): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yes there is. If the bride's parents insist on certain requirements especially pricing is calculated based on inputs or the bride's training and employment status.
Re: T by LordReed(m): 12:26am On Oct 24, 2015
kiddkash:
to me I think they are the same they are just using tradition to make it sweet because when you want to get married, the bride's family will bring out a list of all the things you will buy including refunding the parents of the money they paid as school fees for their daughter and sending her siblings to school that's why I like Americans they don't care about those things. so my fellow nairalanders is there a difference between the two

Where I am from bride price is given for a couple of reasons none of which are payment for the bride or compensation to the parents. The bride price is given to show that the groom intends to and is capable of taking care of the bride. It also shows that the family of the groom respects the family of the bride and are willing to entertain the family of the bride within their capacity. If you choose to misinterpret it as "payment" the bride's family will be quick to disabuse you of that notion.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do If Ur D 1? / Court Dissolves Six-year Old Marriage Over Fornication, Pride / Black Friday Starts Early For Families, Up To 60% Discount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.