Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) (46160 Views)

Omamen Iyawe Slumps, Dies In Church In Abuja (Pastor Idahosa Iyawe's Wife) / Benson Idahosa: The Man Who Vividly Described His Death - Leke Beecroft / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by aalangel(f): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Theyveedo:
I don't know about private uni but that money would have gone a long way in improving one of those govt owned uni in Edo state...

All the same,

He try.

Do you know what he did for Edo Uni and they gave an honorary doctorate degree last year? Follow the news.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by Phronesisugo(m): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Pastor thank you for been a source of blessing to humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by aalangel(f): 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
Phunmibi:
Oh really? A private University at that. money that could have bee ventured into something far better. Public Universities are there without proper teaching and practical aids. So because he was conferred with an honarary degree he gave them that in return. His Alma Marta is just there begging for helps like this!
Hypocrisy!

Google and check what he did for his Alma mater last year. they also gave him an honorary doctorate degree. follow the news.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by GloryGloryRufus(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
slapandfall:

Nice.. same year I graduated. I did my Msc in Computer sci 2011 still at AAU and I a curently lecturing there.

So good we know so well about the sch.,

I never said bad abt him so dnt go there

I only said u cnt compare wot he has done in. .aau to 1bn.

Jst saying. Afteral he owes aau Nothing
... Alright man, since you graduated 2009 and studied computer science, that means we are not the same set because i studied Elect Elect Engineering and my sets in Faculty of natural science graduated 2008 cox of my 5yrs course. Anyway one love brother, make sure you stand for God any where you are, do not join corrupt lecturers to exhibit bad things. Have the fear of God and watch God making you the VC of AAU soon if that is your desire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by donnie(m): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
simplisity:
He has such money and peopl r dieing of hunger.

It is those who have not heard the Man of God or who have been decieved from following the truth by folks like you that risk death.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by demiawise(m): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Phunmibi:
Oh really? A private University at that. money that could have bee ventured into something far better. Public Universities are there without proper teaching and practical aids. So because he was conferred with an honarary degree he gave them that in return. His Alma Marta is just there begging for helps like this!
Hypocrisy!
what is wrong with nigerian people by the way some of you guys dont think before you comment. If he did nothing you will talk now that he gave you hv to run ur smelling mouth. You forgot OBJ was in that same skool for convocation he pledge zero naira. If it were to be some people they will say after all it not their church why should dey give. Keep it up sir you are a giver.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by demiawise(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Phunmibi:
Oh really? A private University at that. money that could have bee ventured into something far better. Public Universities are there without proper teaching and practical aids. So because he was conferred with an honarary degree he gave them that in return. His Alma Marta is just there begging for helps like !
Hypocrisy!
what is wrong with nigerian people by the way some of you guys dont think before you comment. If he did nothing you will talk now that he gave you hv to run ur smelling mouth. You forgot OBJ was in that same skool for convocation he pledge zero naira. If it were to be some people they will say after all it not their church why should dey give. Keep it up sir you are a giver.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by oyalunasamuel(m): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
He built a couple lecture department for Ambrose Ali University where he graduated from. So i think its wrong for you to make such assertion.

Phunmibi:
Hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by jared007: 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Phunmibi:

All you lots are talking about is a hall he built in AAU. its 1 billion we talking about here. OK it seems you don't get 1 billion equals to 1000 of a million naira. those rich guys don't need his donation. Well of course I understand he was only acting the script. "you give me a honorary I give you 1 billion".

I do understand that the government has a lot to do but we can't wait for the the government to do everything for us.

BTW, who told you the jerry curled man is a man of God? Misplaced definition I would say!
mama why are u frustrated on how d man of God spends his money? Or swallowing panadol on our "poverty stricken members"head? Are we complaining? Don't worry about us. I hope u are preparing to be raptured "madam genuine man of God detector"

5 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by Zeeemo(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
charlesucheh:
But couldn't maintain his Marriage.
I Remove that JUJU from you eyes iN JESUS NAME!!.
Lol...... U like or not, he keeps on flying P from glory to glory... Hahahahah.... A man of God who has a devotional in 650 languages and counting and in every known country and teritory in the world.. Read every day of every month of every year... Go find a purpose for your living and stop hating God's anointed one.. IT CAN KILL YOU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by Zeeemo(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
jared007:
mama why are u frustrated on how d man of God spends his money? Or swallowing panadol on our "poverty stricken members"head? Are we complaining? Don't worry about us. I hope u are preparing to be raptured "madam genuine man of God detector"
lol.... Pastor Chris gave my life a meaning... Hating on him will only add to your frustration.. Next year you will hear yet another great accomplishment, and you will get more angry... IT CAN KILL YOU O

4 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by Smartgunna: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
Phunmibi:
Hypocrisy!

Pastor Chris doesn't expect encomiums from anyone. The fact that you don't like him shouldn't make u deny good deeds. FYI he did something similar for Ambrose Alli University last year. So Whats the next criticism?

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by 989900: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2015
What does he do for a living again?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by davereal(m): 6:53am On Oct 24, 2015
wow! that's my alma mater-coming soon to donate more than this to isd department.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by oganology33(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2015
bulldoza:
shocked shocked

while their gullible followers are still living in penury cry cry cry
Joke of a religion. smD

I hate it so mch how these So-called General Overseers exploit their congregations 2 there flamboyancy. But I must tell u, Christianity is not a joke. I believe ur not a Christian, so look deeply at the religious leaders of ur own religion and u'll see the same thing. Because in every religion there are deceivers.
It is easier 2 deceive ppl through religion than any other social institution u can think of.
I'm a Marxist. Dat's y I'm more spiritual than religious.
Christianity is not a JOKE.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by izzyu(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2015
bulldoza:
shocked shocked

while their gullible followers are still living in penury cry cry cry
Joke of a religion. smD

you are a liar.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by menxer: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2015
Mordyb:
why would i put money into a public uni where corruption, embezellment and theft is their mantra with lecturers whose degree are questionable with a few rascals who dont want to learn? That Will be like setting fire to my money which GOD WILL PUNISH ME FOR NOT USING THE RESOURCES PRUDENTLY.

Wrong assumption.

Does it mean people from the public Universities are not members of his church or what that he should think that way?

Or you think there is no punishment for discriminating against some people in your act of goodwill?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by kingsol212: 8:43am On Oct 24, 2015
989900:
He is soul winning business.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by Blessfulness(f): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2015
Phunmibi:
Hypocrisy!
....YOU HYPOCRITES JUST LIKE JUDAS ISCARIOT, WHEN JUDAS SAID THIS ABOUT THE OINTMENT THAT WAS PORED JESUS BY MARY HE SURE GOT AN EPIC RESPONSE FROM JESUS, BUT U ARENT NOTHING TO GET A RESPONSE TALK MORE OF AN EPIC ONE AT THAT.... ANYONE WHO NEEDS MONEY SHOULD LEARN TO FISH COS NO MATTER HOW MUCH FISH U GIVE TO A HUNGRY MAN HE WILL KEEP BEGGING BUT WHEN U TEACH HIM HOW TO FISH, HE WILL ALWAYS HAVE IN ABUNDANCE.... SO PASTORS TEACH THEIR MEMBERS HOW TO FISH, NOT GIVE THEM FISH,THE MEMBERS UNDERSTAND THIS PRINCIPLE, THATS Y THEY ARE NOT COMPLAINING... MAKE UNA NO DRINK PANADOL FOR ANOTHER PERSON HEADACHE

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by lascopes(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
U can imagine, even d ambrose ali university he graduated from aint standard, now d money is goin to a private sector...abeggy, na shares him buy :-XU
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by charlesucheh(m): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
donnie:

Idiot, your frustration has only just begun.
I see you're one of those "DADDY G.O" type . Too bad! The truth hurts.
But really man, you need a brain cleansing to free you off that man's captivity...
How do you even still sit and listen to a man that has allowed the devil to break up his marriage. He's supposed to be in the Guinness book of record as first pastors (Anita and chris) that got married and divorced. Tell me, MR SPOON HEAD, where in the world have you heard of such?
Stay there! Don't free yourself u hear! Be doing Daddy GO follower! ODE!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by donnie(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
charlesucheh:
I see you're one of those "DADDY G.O" type . Too bad! The truth hurts.
But really man, you need a brain cleansing to free you off that man's captivity...
How do you even still sit and listen to a man that has allowed the devil to break up his marriage. He's supposed to be in the Guinness book of record as first pastors (Anita and chris) that got married and divorced. Tell me, MR SPOON HEAD, where in the world have you heard of such?
Stay there! Don't free yourself u hear! Be doing Daddy GO follower! ODE!

E pain you u u . . . tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by fejikudz(m): 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
talkintruth:
Eeeeediots, they will wail. How much has Tinubu contributed to the development on education in this country or any islamic scholar.

Carry on Pastor
my brother.. i tire for dem o

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by fejikudz(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
989900:
he wins souls for Christ

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by mandavito: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
You know, for me, the first time I heard of the honorary degree, i was not impressed because a lot of people pay to get these degrees. But on a second thought, the schools Pastor Chris has agreed to received these honours from are schools he is somewhat affiliated to(Who knows how many he may have turned down). First AAU his alma mater and next BIU a school founded by his mentor. I think the one who started the thread did not give a detailed story. Pastor Chris explained the rationale behind his donation:

"Oyakhilomen who disclosed that his contribution to the university is borne out of his passion to contribute to the development of lives meaningfully and positively, noted that the Founder of BIU, the late Archbishop Idahosa, had positively influenced his life and ministry as a youth.
He said the television ministry of the late Archbishop Idahosa, popularly known as Idahosa World Outreach (IWO Television), was the first of its kind in the country which he noted helped to liberate lost souls and imparted Christians in the world to accept Christ globally.
“Archbishop Benson Idahosa was one of the most remarkable and inspiring personalities of the 20th Century. It is a fact of life that those who did not have the privilege to get to meet him, are blessed to meet him through many of us. The impact of the Archbishop on me as an individual is unquantifiable.
“Many times, people would ask me why I talk about the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa more than anybody. It will surprise you to know that as a young man, I was working with the Archbishop in the mail room in the Church of God Mission in Benin City. I was blessed to have worked with the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa. While working with him, I had the blessing and benefit of seeing the Archbishop pass by my table everyday to his office,”
Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/23/oyakhilome-splashes-n1bn-on-benson-idahosa-university/

You can see that this man has done an excellent and a note-worthy thing. If he kept the money and did not give, the money would still remain his. So let us applaud and celebrate something excellent; that way, who knows, you could become as big.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by bigsam1992(m): 7:05am On Nov 04, 2015
deebrain:

Yes, thanks for reminding me.

Fool.
Tell dat to ur generation
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by deebrain(m): 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
bigsam1992:

Tell dat to ur generation

Its no longer necessary. They don't reason like you do.

Thanks for the offer though.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by chukwuwike2ny(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by chukwuwike2ny(m): 8:15am On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by bigsam1992(m): 7:31am On Jun 12, 2016
deebrain:

Yes, thanks for reminding me.

Fool.
u r jus stupid
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) by deebrain(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2016
bigsam1992:
u r jus stupid

You are an expired product.

Last year's rant?

Haba.

Tap sense this year in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu / Ghanaian Herbalist Lands In Hospital After Testing His Powers Aganist Bullets / Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.