Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,074 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. (964 Views)

14 Safety Tips For South Easterners As They Are Under Military Watch. / FG Has No Excuse Not To Fix Economy- Saraki, Catholic Bishops / No Excuse For Dismissing Gender Equality Bill - PDP National Woman Leader's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by Ricovendetta(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
i want to share this lesson with my audience. This is not about Biafra and I do Not endorse the Language but I find it interesting for all to read. ............................................................ ............................................................ Some People Made Themselves Minority Tribe While Others Made Themselves Majority Tribe Some people are of the opinion that Goodluck Jonathan was "pushed aside" because he is from the minority tribe. But Muhammadu Buhari - a Fulani - is from a minority tribe too. Ijaws, the tribe of Jonathan are more populated than the Fulanis. Yes, Fulanis are not up to 5 million in population unlike the Ijaws, yet Buhari is the president. Recall that he had ruled before. Shagari and Yar Adua, two Fulanis had also ruled before too. Fulani - one of the minority tribes in Nigeria are holding Nigeria on its throat. How did they achieve this? They understood that, to stand alone doesn't pay. So, they attached themselves to Hausas and today, a lot of people call them Hausa/Fulani, without knowing that there is nothing like that. Now, come down to South - Ijaw doesn't want to mix with Ikwerri. Itsekiri doesn't want to mix with Urhobo. Anioma doesn't want to mix with Isoko etc. They prefer to stand alone but ask them what they have achieved in standing alone? NOTHING! Now you know..before you say that GEJ (the once zoo president) was pushed aside because he is from the minority tribe, know also that Buhari (current president of the zoo) is from the minority tribe. But some people made themselves majority tribe while some kept saying till this day that they're minority tribe!

https://m.facebook.com/edits/?cid=1715411855354531&expand=1&refid=17

3 Likes

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by madridguy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice observation from you OP. I hate the language " because we are from the minority group " the Northern states consist of so many tribes with different language but they see themselves as ONE. Call a man from Delta an Ibo and you will hear " I no be ibo man oooo " I be delta ibo.

Well, I rep Yoruba anyday anytime.

2 Likes

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by gab264(m): 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
A northerner is a northerner"
I saw them as one from Fulani', the gambaries, the almajiris all of them have the same mind set, which is born to rule.
Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Islam is the only reason while Hausa-fulani are more United than any other tribes in Nigeria. Take Islam out then what you will see is insecurity among them

4 Likes

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by madridguy(m): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
You nail it bro. Islam is the key.

topeayan:
Islam is the only reason while Hausa-fulani are more United than any other tribes in Nigeria. Take Islam out then what you will see is insecurity among them

1 Like

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by omonnakoda: 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
The answers are in many books you need to find them and READ THEM . It is called education. That is not something you will get on Nairaland
Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by omonnakoda: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
The answers are in many books you need to find them and READ THEM . It is called education. That is not something you will get on Nairaland.

Let me give you one to start with . It is called 23 years by Ali Dashti. It you are not yet ready then reeading it might be a waste of time though
Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by seunmsg(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
topeayan:

Why can't Christianity unite the south?

2 Likes

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by dat9jaguy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
topeayan:

That is being too simplistic.Why is Christian dominated south not also united since Christianity also preach love and unity.
I believe the fulanis are politically very savvy ,they understand that politics is all about the numbers so they attach them selves
to a dominant group,the hausas,and using the political slogan of ONE NORTH in all their dealings with people indigenous to the
northern part of Nigeria,they successfully rally majority of northerners to their cause.

It also helped that they conquered most of the northern parts of Nigeria militarily during the Usman Dan fodio inspired jihad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by Ricovendetta(m): 1:36am On Oct 24, 2015
madridguy:
Nice observation from you OP. I hate the language " because we are from the minority group " the Northern states consist of so many tribes with different language but they see themselves as ONE. Call a man from Delta an Ibo and you will hear " I no be ibo man oooo " I be delta ibo.

Well, I rep Yoruba anyday anytime.

Thanks brother. 1 love
Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by ezeagu(m): 1:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Northerners are not united. If you doubt me then look at the Kanuri and Fulani. The Kanuri were the first muslims in Nigeria and they have illusions of superiority because of that. Also Boko Haram is a Kanuri enterprise.

2 Likes

Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by Ricovendetta(m): 1:57am On Oct 24, 2015
gab264:
A northerner is a northerner"
I saw them as one from Fulani', the gambaries, the almajiris all of them have the same mind set, which is born to rule.

"Born to rule" is a mindset true
A united mindat is the reason why the northerners dont only talk the talk but now walk the walk as a matter of factuality they've been walking the walk since the inception of Nigeria.
it goes a long way to show that unity is sacrosanct. No man is an island I think they understand that.

Until we the easterners learn to unite our minds and see each other as one, not because we want to win an election or actualize a self interest but because we understand that we need eachother and together we will attain the much desired significance in the society than as a faction.
Until we get it right thats when we'll be fit to rule, but while we wallow in discord amongst ourselves let our status quo remain constant until we resolve to emancipate our mentality.
Re: This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. by Ricovendetta(m): 2:07am On Oct 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Northerners are not united. If you doubt me then look at the Kanuri and Fulani. The Kanuri were the first muslims in Nigeria and they have illusions of superiority because of that. Also Boko Haram is a Kanuri enterprise.

My brother unity isnt absolute even within bloodline
we dont live in an ideal world.
You dont need unity to be 100% before things fall into place even 50% might just work the magic with the desired mindset.

(1) (Reply)

Power Women: Folorunsho Alakija, The Woman With Gold In Her / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's Longtime Ally Dies In London Hospital / ECOWAS Leaders Recommend Banning Hijab To Stop Terror Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.