Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline (16412 Views)

MMM Suffers Heavy Blow As Nigerian Govt Bans It From Using Bitcoin / Foreign Shipping Firm Quits Nigeria Over Trade Decline-another Massive Job Loss / Get 76% Off Grow Your Business Toolkit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Adultnextdoor(m): 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
A whole Guinness? 76% loss? That's massive. Our economy is on a steady decline. Buhari is a certified dullard. It's now confirmed.
... And you are a certified mugu!
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sabmiller have their own brand of stout nah, I still believe its competition
ShowYourCertificate:
I don't think it's because of competition from Sabmiller. Guinness major brand is Stout while Sabmiller's is beer. If you even observed, you'd see there was an increase in sales/revenue.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Ijaya123: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
Until I see the financial details no comment.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by baba11(m): 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Buhari wasn't there in the first quarter....it was gej that was there....by God's grace,our amiable president will fix it cool
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Smartresult(f): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
from 29th to date is five month, after the pdp government was kicked out in the last general election, most Nigerian gain hopes that the nation will have a new era of leadership, not only for the fact that an opposition has taken up the leadership but the change mantra that the new government has come with it, the electoral promises made by the then apc presidential candidates , the hope that the corruption and insurgency will come to a halt, stabilization of world oil prices, regaining the value of the nation currency, unemployment, youth corps member special packages among others are some of the promises made by the present government during and after the electioneering.
During the electioneering the continue reading
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by dailynaijanews(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
LastSurvivor:
This dullard of a MAN has finished Nigeria.
do u know what that profit decline and increase in production cost mean?
It means they will reduce work force to cut cost or better still fold and go to another country if it continues like this.
God will punish anybody who help put us in this condition..

LOL, JONATHAN DID.

FYI, Q1 MEANS first Quarter of the YEAR- JAN-APRIL

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Gaius667: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
Activa:

You called someone a dullard yet no post can be duller than yours.

Beer is suffering loss of market share mainly because many people now drink wine and champagne.

Nigeria is one of the places where the growth of champagne consumption is highest in the world.

Besides, do you know the reason for the increase in costs? Do you know if some of their debts went bad?

You're very right. I read about the high Nigerian wine consumption rate and it is amazing. If anyone is in doubt, just look around and you will find that places where you would have seen beer before now has more of wine - the red and black labels etc and champagne. Doubtless though, the breweries had a very good and long run making very good profits but like in every business, it is not about the past but about the present.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by 234GT(m): 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Time to buy guiness shares!
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by selfemployed(m): 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
That's good news. High time alcoholic drink companies go out of business so Nigerians can live responsibly.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
DikeOha882:
Sabmiller have their own brand of stout nah, I still believe its competition

Welldone!

Sabmiller is another factor.

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by angieberry(f): 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
wristbangle:
cool
nice shades undecided
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by AnanseK(m): 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Yes, that's the question. The Nigerian population is on the rise and this expectedly led to the increase in the Gunness drinkers population. This should have led to an increase in profit but unfortunately it is not so. Cost of production is high due to our bad economy. What's the implication? Expect an increase in the price of Guinness and other alcoholic beverages. 76% loss, no company can tolerate such on the long run.

A good sign , Nigerians are recognizing the dangers of alcohol consumption. This will lead to a healthier population and better performance and better economy.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by rman: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Origin is the most successful alcoholic beverage in Nigeria today, so the decline in profit is so massive we have to dig deeper to know what is responsible.

However, competition for the purse of the customer is not about companies in your industry alone. So Guiness should see telecom operators, gambling (bet9ja, nairabet), food sellers etc as competition because they are all targeting the same pocket.

So if people are not buying alcoholic beverages, what are they spending their income on? That's what we need to find out. Guinesses loss maybe another company's gain but not necessarily in that industry.

5 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by wristbangle: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
angieberry:
nice shades undecided

I have edited my comment nau tongue
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Bitterleafsoup: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Seeing that no fiscal polices have been put into place, I see Nigeria is heading for a rough patch especially since the Ministers the 97% are pushing for have destroyed their own states economy and landed them with overwhelming debt portfolios.
Oil prices will not be going up any time soon, this administration cut ties with Corporations that wanted to start manufacturing and creating jobs in Nigeria because they were GEJ's connection.
Expect more increase like the recent 40% in electricity and sacking in big corporations.
They promised change and it is happening now now!

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by ResourceMan(m): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
nnachukz:
There are hard and concrete facts backed with figures everywhere showing that this present administration isn't doing well, even in security area but sia buhari chanters won't see it. Good thing is all of us will sink together.
God Forbid Bad Thing. I was not part of the satanic change and I will never sink or suffer with any sai baba bastard.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by angieberry(f): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Space booker tongue
wristbangle:

I have edited my comment nau tongue
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
Gaius667:

You're very right. I read about the high Nigerian wine consumption rate and it is amazing. If anyone is in doubt, just look around and you will find that places where you would have seen beer before now has more of wine - the red and black labels etc and champagne. Doubtless though, the breweries had a very good and long run making very good profits but like in every business, it is not about the past but about the present.

You're right. Wine, spirits, and champagne ar giving beer companies a run for their money.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
76%? THATS A MIND TREMBLING LOSS...GUINNESS..TRUTH BE TOLD,EVEN AWOOF DRINK DOESNT COME EASY THESE DAYS...MOST WEDDINGS RECEPTION I KNOW ARE NOW STRICTLY ON INVITATION..
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hahaha...

Next will be to sack.

I pity niccurs working for them.

Chai
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by wristbangle: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
angieberry:
Space booker tongue

I have to in order to aired my annoyance toward guinness plc.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by carboblanko(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
A whole Guinness? 76% loss? That's massive. Our economy is on a steady decline. Buhari is a certified dullard. It's now confirmed.
Mr Man please read the post again slowly.Q1 means first quarter of the year in Jan-April. Who was the President then? Thank me later.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
hedonistic:

Increasing prices would be disastrous for the company at this time when purchasing power has been substantially weakened by Buhari's directionless government.

But inflation went up marginally. It's slightly less than 10%.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by AnanseK(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
nnachukz:
There are hard and concrete facts backed with figures everywhere showing that this present administration isn't doing well, even in security area but sia buhari chanters won't see it. Good thing is all of us will sink together.

You are in haste. This is Q1 ( quarter one ) report , January 2015 - April 2015 when the clueless government of GEJ was supposed to be watching the economy but instead were busy emptying the treasury .
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by dumodust(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
dailynaijanews:

LOL, JONATHAN DID.

FYI, Q1 MEANS first Quarter of the YEAR- JAN-APRIL

You're wrong... read the article again
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
Even with Origin
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Are they ready to work? They think governance is all about politics. They fail to realise that governance is way beyond politics.

You're the one that has turned a business report into politics. Your posts are very shallow and hateful.

Before lazily and unintelligently ascribing the performance to politics, try and answer all the questions earlier raised here.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by angieberry(f): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hope your broken heart is healed now embarassed
Valid points you made there
wristbangle:
This is a company I scaled through their recruitment process for the position of sales only for them to send a broken hearted mail that the position has been cancelled.

The problem with guinness Nigeria plc starts from mismanagement, non improvement of product brand, less aggression to their marketing campaign, and other factors.

If not for the introduction of orijin, they wouldn't have recorded any profit but then again heineken breweries (aka Nigeria Breweries Plc) has really taken the alcoholic market from them.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by garokabir: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
H
Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by blank(f): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Activa:

You called someone a dullard yet no post can be duller than yours.

Beer is suffering loss of market share mainly because many people now drink wine and champagne.

Nigeria is one of the places where the growth of champagne consumption is highest in the world.

Besides, do you know the reason for the increase in costs? Do you know if some of their debts went bad?

I will fault your submission a bit. Increase in consumption of wine and spirits may not really be having that big an influence as their revenue actually grew. It's increase in the cost of sales (can hazard a guess that cost of raw materials increased because of the foreign exchange rate and restrictions on foreign currency) . Other income reduced significantly. Maybe investments had to be cancelled so as to source for more working capital, etc. Also, they might have done something major last year like dispose of significant amounts of their fixed assets, gotten a windfall etc.

4 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Suffers 76% Profit Decline by ShowYourCertificate: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
carboblanko:
Mr Man please read the post again slowly.Q1 means first quarter of the year in Jan-April. Who was the President then? Thank me later.
Stop covering up for the daurian dullard. He isn't worth it. See an excerpt below to show that the indices isn't good for Guinness. It could even get worse if the daurian dullard continues this way

Current share performance of Guinness Nigeria Plc plunged 5.7 per cent or N8.6 during its last trading session to close at N142.2 per share.

Each Company has its own new year which must not necessarily be January. That of Guinness is July thus its first quarter for the year is July, August and September. The dullard president was sworn in before then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MMM: 44-year-old Woman Dragged To Court Over N50,000 Fraud / If N1k Was All You Had, What Would You Spend It On? / Savings Vs. Investments: Which Is Better? Any Difference? - Topwritersden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.