Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

I Got A Job!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job!!! (5855 Views)

How I Got A Job / Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job / I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Job!!! by kayemjay(m): 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
Dear friends,

It is not easy to be in the 'unemployed' market. I lost my job mid-september under very funny circumstances and without a penny. I became a regular to this section, applied for a number of jobs, and finally, exactly 27days later, I got a job although not from NL.

Now, I want to encourage anyone who is still job hunting. YOU WILL GET YOUR JOB. However, you may need to do the following:

1. Draw Close to God (If you hadn't), and PRAY!
2. Have a killer Cover Letter and CV.
3. Packaging matters: My Cover Letter was one page and my CV, two pages. However, whenever I was dropping hardcopies, I made sure they were spiral bound and very impressive. Just three sheets, I know. But it was one of the reasons I got the job: An impressive presentation
4. Have mastery of your subject area
5. Be proactive
6. Talk to people
7. Think out of the box...I started my own company when I lost my job. Lol. Now I am running it while I work.

Bottom Line:

Whether as an employer or an employee, there is a job out there for you.

Believe!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got A Job!!! by Roseey0(f): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
To get job no be moi moi o. Imagine spiral binding cv n cover letter too.
Congrats shaa

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job!!! by FruityLass: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats smiley

More blessings.
Re: I Got A Job!!! by honeycrown22: 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats
Re: I Got A Job!!! by sulmeza(m): 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congratz...

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats bro. I pray to testify soon like you.
Re: I Got A Job!!! by justin4real: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrt man
Re: I Got A Job!!! by kayemjay(m): 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thank you all. your testimony will come soon.

Roseey0:
To get job no be moi moi o. Imagine spiral binding cv n cover letter too.

Congrats shaa

I was on my way to my first interview when it began raining. I was given an appointment for 9am and I could not afford to 'chill' for the rain to subside, else I would get there very very late. So, yours truly was drenched. Luckily my bag was not (I protected it with my life because of my documents).

Long story short, My Cv was a bit rumbled. So, imagine when i was asked to hand over my cv, and i began straightening the 'dog ears' and smoothening the paper. I caught the interviewer looking at me with a grimace. Spiral binding it made it cooler. And not everyone was doing it. It made it more difficult to discard and shred. It catches the attention faster than just sheets lying on the table. It takes effort to shred. And for me, most importantly, it gives an inkling to how detailed, presentable, and how prepared you were for the job.

Just my two cents though.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job!!! by NanaF: 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats! Little things like that count for a lot.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job!!! by jhydebaba(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
Great! Happy for you. Joining u soon.
Re: I Got A Job!!! by yorex2011: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice. Congrats man
Mine loading!!
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
I hate Work embarassed embarassed I prefer sleeping in my house!

Congrats OP

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job!!! by adorable87(f): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congratulations girl u Rock! God is a faithful God,he Neva compromises,I tap into your testimony.. Am next in Line

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job!!! by MaziOmenuko: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats bro.

One observation though, how come u got broke barely a month after u lost ur job? Learnt its always nice yo have your six months salary down as your life savings; so you can fall back on it if such happens while u look for a new job.

Congrats once again, hope the twins are doing fine.
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Valentinooo: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats my man.

A fan from your "an evening with Eva" masterpiece.
Re: I Got A Job!!! by ciskenn(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
kayemjay:
Thank you all. your testimony will come soon.

I was on my way to my first interview when it began raining. I was given an appointment for 9am and I could not afford to 'chill' for the rain to subside, else I would get there very very late. So, yours truly was drenched. Luckily my bag was not (I protected it with my life because of my documents).

Long story short, My Cv was a bit rumbled. So, imagine when i was asked to hand over my cv, and i began straightening the 'dog ears' and smoothening the paper. I caught the interviewer looking at me with a grimace. Spiral binding it made it cooler. And not everyone was doing it. It made it more difficult to discard and shred. It catches the attention faster than just sheets lying on the table. It takes effort to shred. And for me, most importantly, it gives an inkling to how detailed, presentable, and how prepared you were for the job.

Just my two cents though.
I caught those lines" it will be difficult to discard".
sure,
and that is how people stand out in adding value
Re: I Got A Job!!! by porrigeyam(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrat
Re: I Got A Job!!! by engrrichie92(m): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
this would have been a sure frontpager if it were..."how I got a my first job on NAIRALAND"..
yeye mods
Re: I Got A Job!!! by LarrySun(m): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congratulations, bro. Now reply my Whatsapp messages! angry
Re: I Got A Job!!! by chymystique(f): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats smiley... Cant wait to ve a real Job with a better employer and not the nag am stuck with it..
Re: I Got A Job!!! by saniboy(m): 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congratulation and we pray Godd almighty dat sees 2morow will make it better 4 us in Jesus name....amen
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Ayjos10(m): 12:17am On Oct 24, 2015
wow...congrat bro.....
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Dahveydson(m): 12:58am On Oct 24, 2015
kayemjay:
Dear friends,

It is not easy to be in the 'unemployed' market. I lost my job mid-september under very funny circumstances and without a penny. I became a regular to this section, applied for a number of jobs, and finally, exactly 27days later, I got a job although not from NL.

Now, I want to encourage anyone who is still job hunting. YOU WILL GET YOUR JOB. However, you may need to do the following:

3. Packaging matters: My Cover Letter was one page and my CV, two pages. However, whenever I was dropping hardcopies, I made sure they were spiral bound and very impressive. Just three sheets, I know. But it was one of the reasons I got the job: An impressive presentation
5. Be proactive
6. Talk to people
7. Think out of the box...I started my own company when I lost my job. Lol. Now I am running it while I work.

Bottom Line:

Believe!

Congratulations man. Can you help me with a sample of your letter and CV?

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job!!! by PapaNnamdi: 3:05am On Oct 24, 2015
Where is my vaseline
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Solmax(m): 6:35am On Oct 24, 2015
kayemjay:
Dear friends,

5. Be proactive
6. Talk to people

Bottom Line:

Believe!

Congrats man, I like your style. please could you help me with a sample copy of your cover letter and CV.
Re: I Got A Job!!! by bendutch(m): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2015
Please OP can you send a sample of the cover letter to bcnedictabip@yahoo.com. Thanks

Dear friends,

5. Be proactive
6. Talk to people

Bottom Line:

Believe![/quote]
Re: I Got A Job!!! by kayemjay(m): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2015
LarrySun:
Congratulations, bro. Now reply my Whatsapp messages! angry

larrysun, i was robbed on Tuesday evening on my way from work. My phone was part of the items taken. Can you pls call me? Pls check my fb wall/timeline for my number.

MaziOmenuko, thanks bro. E-square are bubbling.

To everyone who requested a sample of my cover letter and cv, please give me till Monday. I am currently using a 19th Century Nokia phone and its limited in functionality. Im amazed i could even reach NL.

I thank everyone who has congratulated me. I pray that your story will be an inspiration to others.

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job!!! by Agoro1(f): 7:51am On Oct 24, 2015
Can I have it pls! abe.agboola@student.oauife.edu.ng
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Lollypee(m): 7:57am On Oct 24, 2015
Me
Re: I Got A Job!!! by bzee01(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2015
Me too biyi_igun@yahoo.com
Re: I Got A Job!!! by cookies: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Congratulations op! I don't mind you sending me too julietdaiz@yahoo.com
Re: I Got A Job!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 24, 2015
Congratulations bro on your new job, I have to admit that I learnt one or two things from your experience.

However, you need to delete this part away from you post lest "nairaland- send - me - a copy-of-your - CV" spammers infest your thread with hundreds of annoying spam request.

Stay blessed.
kayemjay:

To everyone who requested a sample of my cover letter and cv, please give me till Monday. I am currently using a 19th Century Nokia phone and its limited in functionality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCMB OPEN CALL!!! / Emirates Airline Looking For Female Cabin Crew / Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.