Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? (1017 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Leads Cultists To Christ As They Surrender Their Weapons. / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by okabe(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Warning: This thread is not a joke and it was created with the aim of clearing a major grey area in the reasoning of contemplating believers and aspiring Christians and even non-christians at large. Do well to leave your opinions and share your views, argue your cause if need be but above all, DO NOT JUDGE!

okay, to the issue at hand, I want the general house to help answer the question "before you gave your life to Christ, who was holding it?"
I know most of us have never really given it any thought but here's your chance. smiley
Myself, I have an opinion (a theory if you must), but i'll let people express their views first before commenting.

let's hear YOU
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by niggi4life(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
see question o! Na devil hold am before na, who else i for talk? My papa or my wife?

U funny o
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by francoray(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
Girls
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by pneumaticos(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
How were men born into captivity? Taking your question to a deeper level
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by HCpaul(m): 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
The devil was the one holding it naw.
You can't be on the fence.

One day, i know that those foolish questions will not exist again.
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by MightySparrow: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
IN THE HAND OF THE DEVIL
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
LUKE 4: 5 - 6;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2; 2 - 3,
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by DuchessLily(f): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
MightySparrow:

IN THE HAND OF THE DEVIL
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
LUKE 4: 5 - 6;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2; 2 - 3,

chop knuckles my brother! grin Better bible pikin, weldone jare

1 Like

Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
Honestly, I don't have any idea.

However, we(humans) naturally gravitate towards the devil
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by okabe(m): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
niggi4life:
see question o! Na devil hold am before na, who else i for talk? My papa or my wife?

U funny o
hehe, y u tink sey I put dat warnin, 'dis is nt a joke'?

anyway, anybody fit hold ur life nah, u no c d guy wey say na girls holl im own grin
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by angieberry(f): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
"Giving your life to Christ" is just a metaphorical statement which means that you're surrendering to him, you're letting him take charge over your life, and that you're going to follow him and have a relationship with him. It means you're not going to live according to the dictate of the flesh, you're simply acknowledging him as your Lord and King. So, to answer your question, not giving your life to Christ means that you do not accept him as your saviour, and that you live according to the desires of the flesh.
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by okabe(m): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
francoray:
Girls
dude ur own case no get part 2 oo! shocked
at least people wey devil bin hold dia own, God fit do am hard man...but as e b sey na girls, I rest my case
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by okabe(m): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
@mightysparrow u make brain but if I understand u correctly, you are saying that the devil has got everyone's lives by default (I mean, without even trying) and it is left for us to struggle and give it to Christ?
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
These are Jesus' words...

Matthew 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

John 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

^^^

All the children of disobedience are not of God. So without Jesus in your life, you belong to Satan. That's why you see unbelievers, atheists, Pagans etc don't seem to have problems with any other religion but Christianity; it's because they are being controlled by the same spirit (The spirit of rebellion).
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by Humblebloke(m): 3:07am On Oct 24, 2015
angieberry:
"Giving your life to Christ" is just a metaphorical statement which means that you're surrendering to him, you're letting him take charge over your life, and that you're going to follow him and have a relationship with him. It means you're not going to live according to the dictate of the flesh, you're simply acknowledging him as your Lord and King. So, to answer your question, not giving your life to Christ means that you do not accept him as your saviour, and that you live according to the desires of the flesh.

I'm a bit confused hereundecided

I know lots of people who do not share your jesus theory.....living a chaste live

They do not do the things your bible condemns...

Perhaps..... You could help me out hereundecided

What's the connection between accepting jesus as your personal god and saviour and living a morally upright life

1 Like

Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by Humblebloke(m): 3:22am On Oct 24, 2015
DoubleDeeX:
These are Jesus' words...

Matthew 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

John 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

^^^

All the children of disobedience are not of God. So without Jesus in your life, you belong to Satan. That's why you see unbelievers, atheists, Pagans etc don't seem to have problems with any other religion but Christianity; it's because they are being controlled by the same spirit (The spirit of rebellion).

Religionists and lies!!!

You all have problems with your man made bullcrap.... You criticize people who do not share your beliefs

You criticize atheists,agnostics,deists, muslims et al and when they do the same to you..... Its because they are controlled by the spirit of rebelliongringringrin

Why not let people believe in whatever they want........why does it bother you so much afterall your god doesn't want crowds in his heavenundecided

Change your ways....Practice what you preach!!!
Re: Before You Gave Your Life To Christ, Who Was Holding It? by MightySparrow: 5:33am On Oct 24, 2015
okabe:
@mightysparrow u make brain but if I understand u correctly, you are saying that the devil has got everyone's lives by default (I mean, without even trying) and it is left for us to struggle and give it to Christ?

Right. ADAM gave everything to him, this is reason for redemption. plan,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Discovered In Foundation Of Enugu Church Building (Photos) / Restoring Planet Earth - Jack Kelley / Are The 'holy People' The Wisest People On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.