Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe (2394 Views)

Arguments On Osinbajo’s Current Status Needless Distraction – FG / Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe / It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Yomboy4ever(m): 3:19am On Oct 24, 2015
There is this adage in Igboland which says that when elders are not at home Children may wear snakes as necklaces. Another one says only a foolish elder will be at home when a she goat delivers while in tether. The holy Book added a great voice when it says;woe betides a nation whose leaders are Children. Another school of thought rebuked that evil triumph in any society when good men doing nothing.

The needless encounter between HRH ,Deji of Akure and one Mr Gregory Iloehike who is claiming to be the Ezeigbo in Akure has once again put in the front burner the vexed issue of Ezeigbo outside Igboland in Nigeria. In the South West, Northern Nigeria and even South South this reoccurring decimal , noise and confusion about Ezeigbo titles outside Igboland has lingered on for too long for it to be given a deserved attention. Disturbed by the deluge of crisis being generated in cities outside Igboland by the so called Ezeigbo titles few years back, Ohaneze Ndigbo asked that the title should be Onyendu Ndigbo not Ezeigbo. Few of these jesters and impostors complied for a while but within a very short time these clowns returned to continue to embarrass themselves and Igboland. I had thought that Ohaneze will stand up to carry the big stick and beat these pretenders back on the track but not Ohaneze. I had thought that Ohaneze will write a strong letter to all Governors outside Igboland to convey their strong position of this very important matter but not Ohaneze . I had thought that Ohaneze will go extra mile in introducing heavy sanctions for any nonentity that will flout the directive but not Ohaneze . Rather we have continued to live with this comic drama and primitive display of inanities outside Igboland.

In Lagos we have these Ezeigbos in all the 54 local governments and LCDAs and this writer has witnessed all the troubles and confusion associated with this misnomer . One Chief Nwachukwu who lives in Okota in Isolo and one Chief Ohazurike who lives in Oko Oba ,Agege have engaged each other in a supremacy contest of who will be the Ezeigbo of the whole of Lagos for years now with no respite in sight. At a time Mr Babalola , the former Chief of Staff Lagos wrote to me to help him clarify the real Ezeigbo of Lagos among the two. I never reported back to the Chief of Staff of Lagos because I considered the drama as a needless distraction that needed no government attention. While Ohazurike is tilting towards PDP , Nwachukwu pitched his tent with APC. It is all about politics of the stomach and that of survival.

But how did we come to this sorry pass that ordinary people who left Igboland in search of a better life in other parts of Nigeria got themselves entangled into this power struggle in order to get something to eat? Who introduced this aberration into our moral and cultural lexicon? Who are the progenitors of this shenanigan outside Igboland? What points were they trying to score in the first place? What is the purpose? Is it another form buy and sell phenomenon Igbo is known for all over the world? Is Ezeigbo title now goods to be sold in an open market? What is the benefit or for whose benefit? When these Ezeigbos get to Igboland what do we call them? Do we call them Igwes or Obis when when the royals gather? Does anybody know the background and antecedents of these people who parade themselves as Ezeigbos?

From my little investigations I have found out that these local Ezeigbos left Igboland as common traders, carpenters , bricklayers, motor mechanics, barbers, house boys, drivers, apprentices, etc. Some of them made some money in business and needed some political power to raise their status both at home and outside Igboland . Some are failed business men who are looking for a way to earn a living and be important again. Some resort to it to attract attention to themselves and attract political , social and economic patronage. All they need to do is to buy red caps and piece together some attires that look royal and kingly. Some of them who are landlords build meeting halls in their compounds where they call palaces. Soon they will start inviting people of like minds to start coming to meetings. Soon they start organizing new yam festivals just to get gifts , money inclusive. Paid singers and drummers will also be in attendance to make the drama to be complete. Elections times are also times for government recognition and money is involved also. The local Ezeigbos get money from governments for mobilization and support . At government functions they are sometimes invited to add Colour to the event. Politicians use them a lot to try to reach Igbo in their local governments and development areas. It is pure business and those who know about the gains have seized the space and they are not in a hurry to let go. No wonder the craze is now all over Nigeria except Igboland .

The Ezeigbo title outside Igboland may be an embarrassment to Igbo culture and dignity but politicians outside Igboland exploit it to their own advantage. While the governors and other politicians need them win elections, the Obas and Kabiyesis see them as intruders, interlopers and impostors who are encroaching into their kingdoms. They see them as rivals and competitors who are taking some of what belong to them. They see it as a case of two captains in one boat given the way the Ezeigbos carry themselves about with deafening noise and arrogance . This is the reason why HRH The Deji of Akure is fighting back. The real king does not want a fake king in his kingdom. The Deji of Akure does not want a divided kingdom or divided royalty. He wants total control of his people including those who came from other lands.

I suggest that Igbo leaders especially Ohaneze Ndigbo should move into action now and stop this nonsense forever working with the governors outside Igboland. We must produce a position paper on it and compel our people to abide by it. We must stamp our feet down by doing the needful before it gets out of hand. Our people must care about the feelings of other Nigerians outside Igboland where they do businesses and must be told in the strongest terms to respect the rules of engagement and rules of business anywhere they are. This craze for titles outside Igboland is making a mockery our tradition, culture and cherished ideals. Now, who are these Ezeigbos? What are their pedigree? What do they do for a living? Where are they coming from? Do we know whom they are and what they represent? What is their status in their home towns? A situation where drug kingpins, 419ers, armed robbers, kidnappers, failed business men hide under Ezeigbo titles to continue to embarrass us calls for immediate attention and concrete actions. We cannot continue to pretend that all is well when these pretenders sow seeds of discord between our people and the host communities. We need to convince other Nigerians that we care about peaceful co existence and the need to understand our differences. We need to have the courage to do away with this dangerous trend which tends to cause disaffection between us and the host communities across Nigeria. Let us abolish this Ezeigbo title outside Igboland for peace to reign.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by yimikaa: 3:21am On Oct 24, 2015
Sensible

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by greatiyk4u(m): 3:24am On Oct 24, 2015
APC spokesperson outside ur state of Origin sensible? Whatever happened 2 one Nigeria
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Anijay1212(m): 3:36am On Oct 24, 2015
Reading
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Chanchit: 3:59am On Oct 24, 2015
This Joe is a papafvcker! See as he talk finish?! He said "one Gregory Iloheke who claimed to be Ezeigbo" I come dey think for my mind say na small e remain this man for say "one nonentity" not knowing he would still say it.
I know real Igbo's on NL would agree with what Mr Igbokwe just said, cos its pure truth, but those Biafrans?! Blood of God! Them go come ask where Igbokwe papa house dey for east when dem wake, make I just go sleep and return to see the kyn swear we go dey Igbokwe door by day break.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by mannobi(m): 4:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Like we had said earlier, greed is it to lay claim to authority in a territory you have no historical cultural and traditional background. The igbos will be at peace with the westerners if they mind their limits. Peace we preach

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 5:06am On Oct 24, 2015
I once advised this Joe Igbokwe to love his job but never take a bullet for his boss but he wouldn't listen.

Okay, continue but remember that after the reggae, the blues will be played.

If the people of Igboukwu could forcefully conscript Okwadike into the village vigilante after his unfruitful tenure (to them) as Anambra Governor, all "agalachas" must come back home someday. Continue bashing your umunnes and umunnas. Anumanu angry

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by AustineE1: 5:20am On Oct 24, 2015
Joe Igbokwe is a known sycophant or what we call pepper and tomato politician. For him all that matters is to say what his Yoruba employers in Lagos wants to hear....the same way he justified the deportation of some Igbos in Lagos by his then 'oga' Fashola. Now the same Fashola has apologised for his infringement on the right of ndigbo in Lagos and acknowledged the unconstitutionality of his action.
Quite well,Joe Igbokwe understands the psycology of the Yorubas,a little massage of their ego,his job will remain secured, but shld he always back misdemeanor,just for a plate of porridge. Less he forgets,karma is a b*tch,some day,may be not far away from now,beyond his political gimmicks and dramatisation,he or his children will definately face the wrath of his people,whom he has always betrayed.I rest my case with these quotes from the bible 'there is a way that seem right to man but the end thereof is death'
'the sins of the father will be visited on his children'.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by naijaclinic: 5:22am On Oct 24, 2015
Ghem ghen

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Warlord3000(m): 5:36am On Oct 24, 2015
Oh boy...

Joe Igbokwe head is on the line here cheesy

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Warlord3000(m): 5:39am On Oct 24, 2015
I don't wanna be in this guy's shoe right now cheesy
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by highmood(m): 5:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Joe Igbokwe's views is similar to my post on the heading "Akure-monarch-bans-eze-ndi-igbo- title in Akure-punch". Joe Igbokwe said it all but he should caution himself on the use of derogatory words. It's too much of him.
But the truth remains that, there is no need for Eze ndi igbo title. What are thier gains to the igbos? Are they making the Ohaneze Ndi Igbo organization useless?

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by bigtt76(f): 5:52am On Oct 24, 2015
Very true!

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 24, 2015
There is nothing wrong with people electing someone as their king, an official to represent their interest in another land, a spokesman, ofcourse these official acts as a consul representing the interest of the people. It's like a union with a head..
And saying "another man's land", Nigerians are very stupid, nobody owns the land, God owns it all, when we all die, the land swallows our bodies into it and still remains.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Femolacaster(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2015
Some Biafra almajiris will come and call this man "JOE YORUBAKWE", ndi ara!

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by truefact: 6:01am On Oct 24, 2015
Can't someone take this Sabo out of this world...or tell him to at least change his name to yorubakwe...people should tell him not return to igbo land ever again

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by DonLo: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Iykopee(m): 6:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Untill we stop having oba of yoruba and sarkin and galadima of hausa in another man's domain, nobody has the legal right to abolish eze ndigbo anywhere. Joe igbokwe who suffers from lugorrhoea and mental degradation shud have known that igbos aren't the only ones flaunting titles outside igbo land. Let him conduct proper research before writing his baseless epistle as the link below is an indictment on his raging madness.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/
killer-yoruba-leader-kano-arrested/

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Yeske2(m): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Gbam! Uncle Joe just spoke the undiluted truth. That steewpid Eze Ndigbo nonsense should be abolished henceforth.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by tyson99(m): 6:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Bitter truth

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by fagbalex(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2015
To be frank to ourselves, this Man had stood up and say the truth. Some wailing wailer will come out strongly to dent this beautiful article but truth they said is bitter. Until when Igbos come to realize that they need to respect the custom, does and does not of their host community, that's when the world will rally around them. Without that they want to be causing chaos and commotion in the polity. I know they dare not try such in the north because Hausa people are no nonsense people, just that my people people are u accommodating, that's y Igbos are taking us for granted.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Pavore9: 6:25am On Oct 24, 2015
There is nothing wrong in having someone who represents the interests of their communities outside their homeland but Eze outside igboland is sheer absurdity! Sometimes l do wonder the relationship between these Eze Ndigbos and the Ezes in their communities back home,imagine during the Christmas period when many usually come home, how do the Ezes at home feel when these diasporian Ezes who happen to be their subjects come home, adorned in their regalia and having people outside his community coming to greet him as their *Eze*! This is very untraditional.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by patrick89(m): 6:34am On Oct 24, 2015
You see the problem I have with people like this man! I'm not in support or against Eze ndigbo whatsoever, but how many times have you seen this man write something that will benefit his people? He only look for a way to insult his own people. This guuy is a bastard! He has a lot of squabble to settle.

How can he be occupying political position outside igbo land isn't that one a distraction too? There are Eze ndigbo all over the world! From London to SA to China to Russia to Newyork to Brazil name it! This type of people are people that have supposed to be killed in any monarch kingdom to prevent them giving birth to treacherous children.
The likes of ozodi and NgeneUkwenu are descendant of those people. Even femi aribasala too.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by BALLOSKI: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Iykopee:
Untill we stop having oba of yoruba and sarkin and galadima of hausa in another man's domain, nobody has the legal right to abolish eze ndigbo anywhere. Joe igbokwe who suffers from lugorrhoea and mental degradation shud have known that igbos aren't the only ones flaunting titles outside igbo land. Let him conduct proper research before writing his baseless epistle as the link below is an indictment on his raging madness.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/
killer-yoruba-leader-kano-arrested/

Show us where the so called obas and sarikis were dragging space with their host communities like your eze ndigbo do.

The real king does not want a fake king in his kingdom.

GBAM!

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by warrior01: 7:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Another hypocritical write up by the sycophant; Joe Igbokwe from Nnewi. Can someone ask him the political position he is occupying is he representing his home town? The day a certain Yoruba would stand up to demand for that post, he shouldn't grumble after all it is all a fight for the stomach. Any idiot that choose to call himself the king of engand without territory is on his own and should be ignored.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Kagame: 7:35am On Oct 24, 2015
For the first time,I wholly agree with Igbokwe. Eze ndigbo outside Igbo land is a needless distraction.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 24, 2015
the man hit the nail on the head.

true,its a stupid thing to have two kings in a town.

yeebos and their craze for title.

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by azzima(m): 8:17am On Oct 24, 2015
Joe igbokwe should SERIOUSLY run for president of Nigeria. I believe he is the ONLY Igboman than has that REAL detribalised character out of all these jokers they called Igbo leaders. He is the first and only igboman I have ever analyzed that can think with unjaundiced eyes. Kudos Joe!!!!!!
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by azzima(m): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2015
Did everyone missed when he said "EVEN Ohanaeze had issues against this ezeigbo nonsense"??but the knuckle - heads will pretend they didn't read that abi??

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by Pavore9: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2015
espionagesavvy:
There is nothing wrong with people electing someone as their king, an official to represent their interest in another land, a spokesman, ofcourse these official acts as a consul representing the interest of the people. It's like a union with a head..
And saying "another man's land", Nigerians are very stupid, nobody owns the land, God owns it all, when we all die, the land swallows our bodies into it and still remains.

There is nothing wrong in having someone representing a group but this Eze Ndigbo stuff has gone too far. Can you imagine the Yoruba residents in Onitsha crowning an Oba there with a palace where they meet and pay him homage, that is an insult to the traditional stool of the Obi of Onitsha!

Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by azzima(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2015
espionagesavvy:
So does that mean an Oyo state man can as well claim to be from Nsukka? all because nobody owns the landwhy is it that Igbos are the ONLY disrespecters of other people's land and culture out of the over 200 tribes in Nigeria? ?? ONLY Bastards drags indigineship on another man's land.
Re: Eze Ndigbo Outside Igboland: A Needless Distraction By Joe Igbokwe by azzima(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2015
patrick89:
You see the problem I have with people like this man! I'm not in support or against Eze ndigbo whatsoever, but how many times have you seen this man write something that will benefit his people? He only look for a way to insult his own people. This guuy is a bastard! He has a lot of squabble to settle.

How can he be occupying political position outside igbo land isn't that one a distraction too? There are Eze ndigbo all over the world! From London to SA to China to Russia to Newyork to Brazil name it! This type of people are people that have supposed to be killed in any monarch kingdom to prevent them giving birth to treacherous children.
The likes of ozodi and NgeneUkwenu are descendant of those people. Even femi aribasala too.

just to remind you. There are 2 different ezeigbo of Ghana that are close to killing each because of the stupid title. They have been creating such a nuisance in Ghana over this issue that soon the Asante kingdom will do the same thing that the Deji of Akure did. People are opening their eyes to the nuisances of Igbos . Na dem dem everywhere.....Na only dem dey??

Atiku Abubakar Meets With Nigerian Chief Of Army Staff, House Of Reps Speaker / Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Bayelsa: Slyva Arrives Abuja, In Closed Door Meeting With El Rufai, SGF

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70