Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Height Of Robbery On Obalende Bridge - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Height Of Robbery On Obalende Bridge (728 Views)

Armed Robbery Victim Receives Artificial Leg In Imo State. Photos / Increase Your Height Neturally At Home Tips / Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Height Of Robbery On Obalende Bridge by xage(m): 5:28am On Oct 24, 2015
I have heard tales of different forms of gunpoint robbery from friends and colleagues, I often pity and console them, though i might get teasing sometime asking if they could not slap the guy and collect the gun. I never knew my own would become an untold episode.

On the 23rd of October 2015, I set out quite as early as 5:am from gbagada along with 3 other passengers whom I picked on the road for a fuel token charge of N100. I didn't pick them for the money alone but also in order to have a company.

I checked my fuel level before i left home and it was red, but something told me as usual, a reserve should take me to Ikoyi as usual. Suddenly, the car stopped under the bridge before Obalende, The spot was so dark but not so forlorn as other cars keep passing by the seconds. The 3 passengers asked what it was, i told them it was fuel, luckily for them a Camry stopped and pick all the three of them, i was happy, at least they won't have to be late bcoz of me. I checked the time and it was 6:13 am...i looked for my phone and discover i left it at home, so no way to call anyone

I grab all the money in my car, fetched my 5 liters gallon from the boot and locked up the car, i thought of the nearest filling station and it was definitely Obalende. So started walking down quickly just when i remembered the tale of robbery around the area, and like a thought of mind coming to live, i saw a guy coming to my direction and immediately something told me to be careful. He greeted,bros! Is that your car down there? i answered yes and he said what happened to it, I told him its my fuel that got finished,,,I tried to continue going...he said stop there...and brought out a gun pointing to my waist...he searched me collected all the money and my wristwatch, took me back to my car and asked me to open it, he searched my car and collected few other gadgets....

Afterwards, he came out of the car and said, bros...go that way, i faced Obalende with my gallon and he walked away towards Adenji. I had no money left on me but i thought as i goodlooking guy i would be able to talk to a few people and raise N500 for fuel, but i was disappointing as no one gave me a sisi out of 8 people i approached, One thing i noticed, they don't belief my story despite the car key i held.

Untill i walked into the filling station, i told the guys my story and they helped me with 3 liters. God bless them.

Lagos state government should take security more seriously around obalende adniji axis, the guys are robbing pple comfortably on daily basis in this environs. God help Naija and Lagos state.

Has anybody had a relevant experience?
Re: The Height Of Robbery On Obalende Bridge by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2015
Lagos Island is filled up with children of bastards who think that that you owe them for been in Lagos.

It's sad but one one day monkey go go market e no go return.

We should have security some day in Nigeria to reduce the level of crime in our dear nation.

Pele ooooo

As per the nobody giving you cash,Lagosians have lost trust to many imbeciles prowling the street in the name of corporate begging.
Re: The Height Of Robbery On Obalende Bridge by YabaLeftist: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2015
Lagos living up to its name as the robbery capital of Nigeria. So unfortunate.

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Lassa Fever, Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment / PHOTOS: Woman Gives Birth Outside Hospital After Nurses Kick Her Out / My Dear Nairalanders I Need Your Help On This Skin Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.