Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth (1985 Views)

Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” / 100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height / Increase Your Height Neturally At Home Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Mrluv(m): 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
does weight lifting stop one frm growing cus i am 24 am not comfortable with my height, i dont know lifting weight would stop me from growing cus i want to hit the gym and add more muscle to my flesh,
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by access001: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mrluv:
does weight lifting stop one frm growing cus i am 24 am not comfortable with my height, i dont know lifting weight would stop me from growing cus i want to hit the gym and add more muscle to my flesh,
please can someone help me post in the right section and refer me there, I got an interview invitation by netsco dietsmann company, are they real? really sorry for posting op, its coz I'm a newbie
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
It doesn't actually stops it, it only reduces the rate.
This is because the bones becomes stronger..
and it's growth is reduced drastically...
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
My friend go and lift weights, it doesn't stop anything. Assuming it really did, what would you use your additional height for? I don't know anyone who was awarded N10,000.00 for being tall only, aware me if you do.
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Babysho(m): 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
charix:
My friend go and lift weights, it doesn't stop anything. Assuming it really did, what would you use your additional height for? I don't know anyone who was awarded N10,000.00 for being tall only, aware me if you do.

You misread the situation. If I'm right, I think the O.P wants to get shorter.

@MrLuv
You don't need to get short or shorter to be comfortable or look good. All you need to do is work out and add weight. RIPPED TALL People look sexier than RIPPED SHORT guys. Trust Me.

For example, Flavour/Peter(psquare) in the 100 percentile look/looks better than short IYANYA.

See what some girls had to say about being Tall and Sexy;
https://www.nairaland.com/1266898/why-compare-iyanya-peter-okoye
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
Babysho:

@MrLuv
You don't need to get short or shorter to be comfortable or look good. All you need to do is work out and add weight. RIPPED TALL People look sexier than RIPPED SHORT guys. Trust Me.

For example, Compare Iyanya to Flavour/Peter(psquare).

Lol at the new perspective you use in viewing the situation however I believe it's wrong. The majority of males fear it would make them short, vertically disabled males already have no option so hardly ask such question.
There's no way we can know for sure until the OP explains further but I feel he abandoned the thread a long time ago.
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Babysho(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
charix:

Lol at the new perspective you use in viewing the situation however I believe it's wrong. The majority of males fear it would make them short, vertically disabled males already have no option so hardly ask such question.
There's no way we can know for sure until the OP explains further but I feel he abandoned the thread a long time ago.

Yeah I've been down that "WORKOUT WILL MAKE ME SHORTER" road before.
What I just need the O.P to do is get comfortable with his height like I did and see that it's very okay to be tall. Infact it's superb to be tall.

I understand why he's feeling uncomfortable, probably because his other friends are shorter and the girls look really distant when standing in front of them.

But if he has a good body weight and stature to compliment the height...he'll be able to create an illusion that he isn't all that tall. Plus, some extra how to look shorter tips and how to relate with short girls tip for tall guys.( I wrote an article on it which has helped alot of guys)

But, In no world will working out shrink the bones and make a person short.
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Mrluv(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2016
charix:
bro you misunderstood me.i want to add more height and the time more flesh.i am not short either tall but am too skinny dat people around me normally complain that was reason i am asking if lifting weight wud redue growth cus i stil i want to be tall
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Mrluv(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2016
Babysho:

@MrLuv

For example, Flavour/Peter(psquare) in the 100 percentile look/looks better than short IYANYA.

See what some girls had to say about being Tall and Sexy;
https://www.nairaland.com/1266898/why-compare-iyanya-peter-okoye
bros i know want short ooo.i still want tall nai make me dey asked whether if i carry weight i go short
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 11, 2016
Mrluv:
bro you misunderstood me.i want to add more height and the time more flesh.i am not short either tall but am too skinny dat people around me normally complain that was reason i am asking if lifting weight wud redue growth cus i stil i want to be tall
Any improvement so far? It's been months already.
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Mrluv(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2016
charix:

Any improvement so far? It's been months already.
have not started since i did not hear from you guys
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Mrluv:
have not started since i did not hear from you guys
HAHAHAHAHAHA. No advice was needed after our original input.
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by NNAMDIII(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:
It doesn't actually stops it, it only reduces the rate.

This is because the bones becomes stronger..

and it's growth is reduced drastically...
I see, can someone who's 20 years old still grow taller? Like with gyming
Re: Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth by Bodygem: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ok hey, am new here but i am going to go ahead answer your question. There is scientific evidence whatsoever that supports that weight lifting reduces your height, however weight lifting will strengthen your muscles, inprove your bone density that is make them stronger and as well improve your body metabolism, you will get bigger if you combine with eating above what your body needs.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Early Signs Of Pregnancy Before A Missed Period? / One Of The Strangest Boy In Africa / All The Requirements To Set Up A Pharmaceutical Chain Store In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.