Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One (1081 Views)

Oduduwa Republic Will Be Realised And Nothing Can Stop It- FFK / "TSA: We Realised N2.2trn In 3 Months" – Buhari / Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Articul8(m): 5:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Nigerians in South Africa are at risk of loosing their lives as Xenophobia has seriously continued in South Africa with Nigerians daily falling victims. South African Authorities are pretending and covering up murder cases. Only yesterday,at Ofada in Ogun State in Nigeria, the family of 36 years old Gbemi Jones was thrown into disarray when the news of his killing in a South African train on his way to work by yet unidentified gunmen. Gbemi was reported to have been shot in the chest while his money and one of his cell phones were found on him. It was not a robbery case. A member of the Nigerian community in Cape Town identified his body in a mortuary where it was dumped after the killing since about August 26th 2015. No arrest was made and South African train station officials were said to be uncooperative with investigator as the cctv installed in a train platform did not reveal anything since it was said to be out of order. Nigerians believe that government needs to take this matter or Nigerian deaths in South Africa very seriously and sanction that country since she has not been able to put her people in check and put an end to xenophobia. While South African companies like MTN, DSTV,Shoprite and a host of them are work in and doing well in Nigeria, with millions of South African nationals,Nigerians going about their legitimate business in SouthAfrica are daily being murdered and thrown in the mug. Something must bedone now. Goggle 'Murder in South African Train' for the story as posted in the scocial media.
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by madridguy(m): 5:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Rip
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by echobee(f): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2015
Rest in peace to the dead cry
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Articul8(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2015
madridguy:
Rip
Thank you sir
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Articul8(m): 6:07am On Oct 24, 2015
echobee:
Rest in peace to the dead cry
Been looking for him for months only to discover by October he's dead
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by SeverusSnape(m): 6:08am On Oct 24, 2015
This is very saddening, But seriously, I thought this rubbish has stopped; It's obvious the south African government is covering up these atrocities.

May the departed rest in peace.
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by echobee(f): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Articul8:
Been looking for him for months only to discover by October he's dead
so sorry about that. cry
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Beesluv: 6:29am On Oct 24, 2015
Eeya, sorry for your loss
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2015
Mtcheeeeew.
I was arguing with dis babe dat condom-free sex is 100percent safe as long as she opens her leg wide enough. Hit like if u agree undecided
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by jerrywool: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2015
May his soul rest in peace.
I thought it was only the ibos that are been killed in SA.
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by patrick89(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2015
RIP but you see, some of you yoruba are very funny
If it was an igbo person, the newspapers would have carried it. Their people would have raised it over their.
But when this ugly trend was happening some of you were happy here saying they should kill them all.
There is something you guys don't know, in SA all igbo people are like soldier ant that move in groups and watch each others back. But the yoruba among them are like lost sheep without a shepherd.
This same scenario played out in the North. You will be surprised to know that each time there is crisis igbo people rally round and protect themselves. While other tribes they regard as igbo are mainly killed. In any place we go we have our own secret police, that watch over us unless the person is a useless person. If an igbo person is missing, everyone will know he will be looked after. His church members will ask of him, he age grade will ask of him, his village meeting crew will send delegates to look for him, his business partners will come. These are the things you have to know about ndigbo.. we are peace loving people. But we watch each others back. In 2011 when corpers were killed igbos made so much noise we looked for them we asked questions that was why it appeared that only people were killed, we value lives a lot.
I urge yoruba to do same.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Abbycite(m): 7:28am On Oct 24, 2015
patrick89:
If it was an igbo person, the newspapers would have carried it. Their people would have raised it over their.
But when this ugly trend was happening some of you were happy here saying they should kill them all.
There is something you guys don't know, in SA all igbo people are like soldier ant that move in groups and watch each others back. But the yoruba among them are like lost sheep without a shepherd.
This same scenario played out in the North. You will be surprised to know that each time there is crisis igbo people rally round and protect themselves. While other tribes they regard as igbo are mainly killed. In any place we go we have our own secret police, that watch over us unless the person is a useless person. If an igbo person is missing, everyone will know he will be looked after. His church members will ask of him, he age grade will ask of him, his village meeting crew will send delegates to look for him, his business partners will come. These are the things you have to know about ndigbo.. we are peace loving people. But we watch each others back. In 2011 when corpers were killed igbos made so much noise we looked for them we asked questions that was why it appeared that only people were killed, we value lives a lot.

If I tell u "u are making sense"........I will be lying to you

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Articul8(m): 8:36am On Oct 24, 2015
patrick89:
u need nt reply with something like this. We are Nigerians when we are abroad,its only back home(Nigeria) dt we exhibit our bigotry character. Whether Yoruba,Hausa or Igbo, I am a frnd to all. I have had and still having wonderful individuals as frnds frm all of those tribes. Please let's forge ahead and stop thinking like we have to purpose 4 living than being happy for other people's down fall. If dts what we live 4s,when are we nt going to fall ourslvs? Good morning!
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by patrick89(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2015
Abbycite:

If I tell u "u are making sense"........I will be lying to you
I don talk my own!
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by ERONX(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2015
embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2015
the Igbo's love Yoruba so much they can't live with out them. 1. both the igbos and Yoruba's are attractted to each other like magnets 2. they always point accusing fingers at each other when faced with problems. 3 they admire and secretly wish they could unite and fight for a common cause. 4. they are both bittered about the fact that they can't work with each other even deep down in their hearts they want to. 5. other tribes envy them and fear they will be unstoppable if they should unite. 6. this post will attract every single Yoruba and Igbo available and even passarbys just like bercalona vs real Madrid would. one love my brothers.
Re: Xenophobia: Just Realised I Lost A Loved One by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2015
southie wey nor send e own people talkless of naija wey dem hate.. take heart op

(1) (Reply)

White Woman Claims Michael Jackson's Ghost Is The Father Of Her Baby (pics) / President Buhari's Speech To Ministers-designate At The Retreat Today: Punchy! / The Igbos Are Confused!! This Photo Just Confirmed That (see Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.