Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions (9535 Views)

These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / This Nigerian's Response To British Man's Tweet About Car Horns Is Hilarious / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
pavlovt:
[color=#770077][/color]I use Honda baby boy but when I enter potholes the D4 will start blinking and the speed will reduce until I put it off and on again before it will stop. I use oando atf. Please advise.

You need to run a scan on that car. Oando atf is not the recommended oil. Use honda dw1 fluid which is the right oil. If you are in lagos and you need proper diagnosis and solution call 08156087872 or 08165520837 bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mozkunzult: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I need serious help. I bought I Peugeot 406. 1996 model directly shipped from harmburg . Started useing the car from october and two weeks ago timing belt jumped as I was travelling from ph to asaba. My mechanic came from ph, checked it and xonfirmed it was the belt that snapped he tried working it at the place I parked it and for one week after buying the valves and everything the car refused to start. After trying severally we towed it to his workshop in ph and for another 2weeks its still the same thing. I really dont know wat to do now I need help plss
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 3:27am On Dec 31, 2015
pavlovt:
[color=#770077][/color]I use Honda baby boy but when I enter potholes the D4 will start blinking and the speed will reduce until I put it off and on again before it will stop. I use oando atf. Please advise.
First and foremost ,drain out that wrong atf or else you are buying a complete transmissions soon
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by igiepj: 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
erico2k2:

You might need a new key package
Any suggestions
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by luvluvluv: 2:56am On Jan 01, 2016
Hello house.... my car is a camry 2001. I notice it doesn't move fast wen ac is on. Also almost all the fault lights on the dashboard are on. Recently the car vibrates wen I drive and feels like am driving tru a rough road. Pls wat do I do?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 7:00am On Jan 01, 2016
luvluvluv:
Hello house.... my car is a camry 2001. I notice it doesn't move fast wen ac is on. Also almost all the fault lights on the dashboard are on. Recently the car vibrates wen I drive and feels like am driving tru a rough road. Pls wat do I do?

You need to run a scan since all the lights in your instrument panel are illuminated. A scan would tell you why you most likely have that sluggish movement when your AC is on. Is the vibration only on the steering or noticed on the engine ? Was your Ac recently worked upon? A scan is a step in the right direction. If you are in lagos and you need propee diagnosis and repair. Csll 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by luvluvluv: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2016
mayor2013:

You need to run a scan since all the lights in your instrument panel are illuminated. A scan would tell you why you most likely have that sluggish movement when your AC is on. Is the vibration only on the steering or noticed on the engine ? Was your Ac recently worked upon? A scan is a step in the right direction. If you are in lagos and you need propee diagnosis and repair. Csll 08165520837 or 08156087872

Tnx a lot bro...am in benin. U knw any reliably workshop here?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
luvluvluv:

Tnx a lot bro...am in benin. U knw any reliably workshop here?
u can as well get yourself a personal scanner and do the scanning yourself and tell the mechanic what to fix instead of vice versa.
Try Obdlink sx scanner , best DIY scantool i have ever used ,very fast ,pull out both Generic and manufacturer codes and best with in depth and detailed analysis.
https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink/
Call autologic @ 08061166316 to give u the latest price ,delivery is free to any part of nigeria

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by Temas: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hello house... compliment of the season....I drive a nissan primera 2000 p11-144.. 1.8 engine
I noticed that the engine short oil between service interval.... am using a mobile 1 5W30 full syn oil grade... no smoke... no visible leak ... oil is changed at every 3000km... far less than what is obtainable I guess.. odo is 138000 plus...
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
Temas:
Hello house... compliment of the season....I drive a nissan primera 2000 p11-144.. 1.8 engine
I noticed that the engine short oil between service interval.... am using a mobile 1 5W30 full syn oil grade... no smoke... no visible leak ... oil is changed at every 3000km... far less than what is obtainable I guess.. odo is 138000 plus...
If the engine is shorting oil ,then there is a leak but not visible enough for u to detect it ,u will need some special equipment and expertise to detect the source of leak .Source of leak especially non visible ones can be through worn piston ,cylinder bore,valve,gasket,seals etc.
Call autologic @ 08061166316 to put u through some procedures
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by shilohboy(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
Good Evening House.
Please I would be glad if someone here would help me out with the issue I am facing with my Nissan Xtrail 2000 Model.
It refuses to start after being driven for a while. Untill it "cools" for about 30 mins. 2 weeks ago, it stopped starting altogether. The engine cranks but wont start. I had it scanned and got a U1000 message.
I do not have accurate knowledge of previous issues with the car because it belonged to my late dad.
While changing the oil some months ago, the mechanic noticed that the oil had a creamy color in the top cylinder. He said the top gasket was leaking and letting water into the oil. I had the top cylinder changed when the car was grounded.
The vehicle usually had the non-start issue but there was a fix for that. Dad had a wire connected directly from the kick starter that could be placed on the battery terminal and the car would come to life. But now, that doesnt even work.
Some of the electricians that have looked at the vehicle said the ECU (brainbox) was the problem. I bought another but the car still wont start. The ECU that was in the vehicle when bought isnt the branded Xtrail ECU. The connections there had been worked on before. So the new ECU didnt require any programming.
Some pointed at the crank and cam sensors. I had those changed but still no start.
I have changed all the plugs in the car (4 cylinder). No change
Changed the fuel pump. No change

Please has anyone experienced this before?
Is there a fix for it.
Please help. I really need that vehicle to run my business
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by omotades: 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
I asked a mechanic who has been servicing my Honda baby boy to service it's gear and engine having realised the atf was not totally pure as I could see some black particles when dropping some on a white paper and the engine oil was due for service. He finished and brought it home after which I discovered the gear was not selecting at all. for any of the gears to work, I would av to press throttle very well for it to move and the moment I take away my leg from the throttle, it will not move again. Be it reverse or any of the Ds. This was never the case before I gave him the car to service. I discovered he made use of one atf called amco dextron iii when I've been using seahorse dextron for a yr now. Can anything be done? Is it only a gear problem? I need answers , pls. This happened today.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 6:09am On Jan 03, 2016
shilohboy:
Good Evening House.
Please I would be glad if someone here would help me out with the issue I am facing with my Nissan Xtrail 2000 Model.
It refuses to start after being driven for a while. Untill it "cools" for about 30 mins. 2 weeks ago, it stopped starting altogether. The engine cranks but wont start. I had it scanned and got a U1000 message.
I do not have accurate knowledge of previous issues with the car because it belonged to my late dad.
While changing the oil some months ago, the mechanic noticed that the oil had a creamy color in the top cylinder. He said the top gasket was leaking and letting water into the oil. I had the top cylinder changed when the car was grounded.
The vehicle usually had the non-start issue but there was a fix for that. Dad had a wire connected directly from the kick starter that could be placed on the battery terminal and the car would come to life. But now, that doesnt even work.
Some of the electricians that have looked at the vehicle said the ECU (brainbox) was the problem. I bought another but the car still wont start. The ECU that was in the vehicle when bought isnt the branded Xtrail ECU. The connections there had been worked on before. So the new ECU didnt require any programming.
Some pointed at the crank and cam sensors. I had those changed but still no start.

Is there a fix for it.
if you are in Lagos ,come for free diagnosis on Monday.
call autologic @ 08061166316
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 6:09am On Jan 03, 2016
shilohboy:
Good Evening House.

Is there a fix for it.
if you are in Lagos ,come for free diagnosis on Monday.
call autologic @ 08061166316 to book appointment.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 6:37am On Jan 03, 2016
omotades:
I asked a mechanic who has been servicing my Honda baby boy to service it's gear and engine having realised the atf was not totally pure as I could see some black particles when dropping some on a white paper and the engine oil was due for service. He finished and brought it home after which I discovered the gear was not selecting at all. for any of the gears to work, I would av to press throttle very well for it to move and the moment I take away my leg from the throttle, it will not move again. Be it reverse or any of the Ds. This was never the case before I gave him the car to service. I discovered he made use of one atf called amco dextron iii when I've been using seahorse dextron for a yr now. Can anything be done? Is it only a gear problem? I need answers , pls. This happened today.
you have already ruin your transmission by using the wrong oil to service your Honda transmission.
Honda recommended transmission oil is Honda Z1 or dw1.
Transmission oil change require following a regular schedule .u don't wait until u are seeing unpleasant sign that will now prompt u to do compulsory oil change as Honda tx doesn't tolerate abuse .
Get another transmission and don't use that mechanic again .
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by omotades: 7:42am On Jan 03, 2016
honmusa:

you have already ruin your transmission by using the wrong oil to service your Honda transmission.
Honda recommended transmission oil is Honda Z1 or dw1.
Transmission oil change require following a regular schedule .u don't wait until u are seeing unpleasant sign that will now prompt u to do compulsory oil change as Honda tx doesn't tolerate abuse .
Get another transmission and don't use that mechanic again .
Thanks, bro. Using dat mechanic again is not an option for me any longer
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 11:08am On Jan 03, 2016
shilohboy:
Good Evening House.

Is there a fix for it.

Your car problem not just an ordinary one. Wheew!!! It needs proper diagnosis. Your CAN wiring system has been 100% compromised. First advice is to get a competent auto electrician that can hamdle this job properly. If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mozkunzult: 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
8:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I need serious help. I bought I Peugeot 406. 1996 model directly shipped from harmburg . Started useing the car from october and two weeks ago timing belt jumped as I was travelling from ph to asaba. My mechanic came from ph, checked it and xonfirmed it was the belt that snapped he tried working it at the place I parked it and for one week after buying the valves and everything the car refused to start. After trying severally we towed it to his workshop in ph and for another 2weeks its still the same thing. I really dont know wat to do now I need help plss the worse is that the mechanic now seem to be confused.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2016
mozkunzult:
8:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I need serious help. I bought I Peugeot 406. 1996 model directly shipped from harmburg . Started useing the car from october and two weeks ago timing belt jumped as I was travelling from ph to asaba. My mechanic came from ph, checked it and xonfirmed it was the belt that snapped he tried working it at the place I parked it and for one week after buying the valves and everything the car refused to start. After trying severally we towed it to his workshop in ph and for another 2weeks its still the same thing. I really dont know wat to do now I need help plss the worse is that the mechanic now seem to be confused.
must you use the same mechanic ,call a more competent mechanic that knows how to check the cause before fixing !!!
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by Bespiel: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
My Hyundai Accent car has refused to start. Fuel pump has been changed, yet its not picking up. What could be the problem?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by pavlovt: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
mayor2013:

If your D4 light is blinking, your car is passing an information over to you that there is a danger on your transmission. You can run a scan. Sometimes this can be attributed to using the wrong transmission fluid
Note: Abro transmission fluid ia a destroyer

Thanks brother I just fixed it now it was discovered that the exhaust gasket was burned and when it was replaced the D4 stop blinking
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mayor2013: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
pavlovt:

Thanks brother I just fixed it now it was discovered that the exhaust gasket was burned and when it was replaced the D4 stop blinking

Shed more light into this am highly interested in the way your car was fixed
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by mozkunzult: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2016
honmusa:

must you use the same mechanic ,call a more competent mechanic that knows how to check the cause before fixing !!!
I am at port Harcourt pls do u have an idea of any competent peoguot mechanic around? Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by guchen: 7:18am On Jan 06, 2016
Changed my engine (Toyota camry 96),bt noticed the engine overheat anytime I put on the A/C. Pls what could be the cause?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by amen69: 7:40am On Jan 06, 2016
I have a Toyota Camry 2003 model. It suck petrol. from my house to office is 14 km which is 28 km to and fro and I will use 10 litre of petrol. I have change air flow sensor, change plug, put catalyst spend so much on it but no improvement. what do I do?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 7:47am On Jan 06, 2016
guchen:
Changed my engine (Toyota camry 96),bt noticed the engine overheat anytime I put on the A/C. Pls what could be the cause?
check your fan speed and clean your radiator and condenser for dirts
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 7:57am On Jan 06, 2016
amen69:
I have a Toyota Camry 2003 model. It suck petrol. from my house to office is 14 km which is 28 km to and fro and I will use 10 litre of petrol. I have change air flow sensor, change plug, put catalyst spend so much on it but no improvement. what do I do?
/
Your vehicle is equipped with a self diagnostics system that can reveal engine/power-train related issue which is called obd2 system .
You will need a car scanner to communicate with your car obd2 system to diagnose what is wrong with your car for the high fuel consumption .
Try Obdlink sx scanner , best DIY scantool i have ever used ,very fast ,pull out both Generic and manufacturer codes and best with in depth and detailed analysis.With this you can tell the mechanic what to fix instead of vice versa
https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink/
Call autologic @ 08061166316 to give u the latest price ,delivery is free to any part of nigeria .

Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by guchen: 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
honmusa:

check your fan speed and clean your radiator and condenser for dirts

Did exactly wat u advised and everything is working very well. Thanks very much.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by honmusa(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
guchen:

Did exactly wat u advised and everything is working very well. Thanks very much.
U are welcome bros and thanks for updating us.
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by akanniade10(m): 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
guchen:

If I may ask, how much did u change the engine?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by Aiykay(m): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2016
Just noticed that after driving my car for a while the temperature Guage drops from the middle mark to the first mark. Car is lexus rx300. I changed the radiator and thermostat some months back. I scanned it and I got P0128 error code. Pls what could be the actual problem. Thermostat or temperature switch?
Re: Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions by kingreign(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2016
Aiykay:
Just noticed that after driving my car for a while the temperature Guage drops from the middle mark to the first mark. Car is lexus rx300. I changed the radiator and thermostat some months back. I scanned it and I got P0128 error code. Pls what could be the actual problem. Thermostat or temperature switch?

What type of thermostat did you use, what's its rating, was the sealant rubber plenum on the thermostat used?what type of coolant are you using, is it up to the Max level or below the Min level? Check your CTS sensor too and hope your fan wasn't bypassed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Know That Your Radiator Is ''expired''? / Is Toyota Yaris A Good First Car? / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.