Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu (4399 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by OmetereO(f): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Friday called for the removal of his pictures from all the campaign and promotional materials of the APC Kogi Governorship candidate, Prince Audu Abubakar.

It was not clear why the president gave such directive but it would not be unconnected to the recent meeting with the APC stakeholders where the president backed out of the National campaign committee of Prince Abubakar Audu based on the integrity of the candidate and his unconvinced answer to the allegation of 11 billion naira by the EFCC.

In a statement issued by the Presidential Spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adesina, he said “The attention of the president has been drawn to the pictures and news flying around that President Muhammadu Buhari has adopted the candidature of Prince Audu Abubakar. Let it be known that the President has not endorsed the candidature of both the APC Bayelsa and Kogi candidates; he is yet to do the official endorsement pending when all the conditions of His Excellency are met.

“His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari has therefore ordered the removal of his pictures from the campaign materials of Prince Audu Abubakar and has directed the Director General Prince Audu Abubakar Campaign Organization to comply with this directive effective immediately,” the statement stated.

It would be recalled that Vice President Yemi Osibanjo was said to head the National Campaign Committee for the coming Kogi governorship election for APC but he opted out at the last minute of the inauguration of the committee in Abuja.

A source close to the presidency confirmed that the Vice President opted out on the directive of Mr. President.

“The Presidency wants to distance itself from the candidature of Prince Audu Abubakar for the mean time till they are fully convinced” said Alhaji Jibrin Mahmud, a source close to the presidency.

The APC Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun, therefore appointed Governor Abubakar Bello off Niger State as the chairman of the campaign committee to replace the Vice President.

Prince Audu Abubakar is a Kogi governorship candidate on the platform of APC and he was a former governor of Kogi state from 1999-2003.

He was indicted by the EFCC and has been arraigned for embezzlement of public funds in the tune of 11 billion Nigerian Naira. He has since given some answers and has denied the allegation by the EFCC.

https://www.informationng.com/2015/10/kogi-governorship-election-buhari-orders-audu-to-remove-his-photos-from-campaign-materials.html

3 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by HungerBAD: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2015
Principled President.

The political atmosphere is different now. Don't remember the last time, i read of any politician stealing with impunity again. Change has come, and yes Mr. President, no corrupt Politician should align their names with yours.

11 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by baralatie(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2015
the sauce get too much ajinomoto but were is the other ingredients. a beg put better sauce

2 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Frankiss44(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2015
I expect the presidency to issue a denial in less than 24 hours time..

5 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Firefire(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2015
Interesting...
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by SosaMontana(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Buhari don't even know the meaning of the word
PRIORITY
Seriously how can this solve the issue of massive death
that is brought about by numerous bombings

This change is really amazing

4 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Chanchit: 11:43am On Oct 24, 2015
Lmao! This Bubu is Wikade!
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Truckpusher(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
Fake story - Buhari has no integrity left abeg ,APC and their propaganda wing are trying to bath a pig that has gone into the ditch with his fellow swine Amaechi who now bears Esther.

8 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
In the days of Tinubu's so called imposition, james ocholi would be flying Apc's flag in kogi and Sylva would not have gotten bayelsa's ticket.
I still maintain that primaries are overrated and the bidding of the highest bidder.

3 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by politricks: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
If this is really true then i am not suprised because the Buhari i know does not support mediocrity. But kogi people messed up big time. Why should they allow Audu to come back again.

1 Like

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Fake story - Buhari has no integrity left abeg ,APC and their propaganda wing are trying to bath a pig that has gone into the ditch with his fellow swine Amaechi who now bears Esther.
Why are you so pained

2 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by eleko1: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2015
Dnt cast ur vote for unscrupulous thieves,Pen Amu robber/miscreant. undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Truckpusher(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:

Why are you so pained
There is a difference between being pained and when you say the truth and the truth always appear like bitterness this is why they call it the ''ugly bitter truth'' - And even if the same truth should stick out a hand and smack you right now ,you still won't feel it because that is the state of your mind ,it's made up already like a zombie.

Yeah, I'm not pained.Not even one bit

2 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by adelcole(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2015
If it is true, then remove Ameachi from your ministerial lists.
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Mancity26(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2015
presidency will deny before 24hrs....#funnyNation comedian coming soon!
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by TheFreeOne: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2015
Igbayi laro ti arugbo n sun ekun ibale

Why didnt he remove Ameachi name from his ministerial list too. Abi what's good for the goose ain't good for the gander

He's just trying to be sanctimonious if true.
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Pavore9: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2015
l still ponder what is so special about Prince Audu Abubakar that he was stil picked to run for an office he left 12 years old amidst cases of corruption against him!
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2015
TheFreeOne:
Igbayi laro ti arugbo n sun ekun ibale

Why didnt he remove Ameachi name from his ministerial list too. Abi what's goose ain't good for the gander

He's just trying to be sanctimonious if true.

Truckpusher:
There is a difference between being pained and when you say the truth and the truth always appear like bitterness this is why they call it the ''ugly bitter truth'' - And even if the same truth should stick out a hand and smack you right now ,you still won't feel it because that is the state of your mind ,it's made up already like a zombie.

Yeah, I'm not pained.Not even one bit

adelcole:
If it is true, then remove Ameachi from your ministerial lists.

You have a case against Amaechi in court? Pls share it with us
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Truckpusher(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:

Three independent persons just called out Esther yet you don't find it amazing and have a rethink ,at least question your value system and access the human part of you ? yet in one swoop you've concluded that we are all wrong.

You see ,I think you're the pained one here.

1 Like

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Young03(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2015
THE NEXT THREAD
PRESIDENCY DENIES TELLING AUDU TO REMOVE HIS PICTURES FROM HIS CAMPAIGN BOARD
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Three independent persons just called out Esther yet you don't find it amazing and have a rethink ,at least question your value system and access the human part of you ? yet in one swoop you've concluded that we are all wrong.

You see ,I think you're the pained one here.
Many more called out Jesus Christ, nothing new

2 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by modath(f): 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:
In the days of Tinubu's so called imposition, james ocholi would be flying Apc's flag in kogi and Sylva would not have gotten bayelsa's ticket.
I still maintain that primaries are overrated and the bidding of the highest bidder.

Join me for a glass of fresh juice...

Your mama finish job. wink

2 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by TheFreeOne: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:

Aside politics and the corruption issue against Ameachi by River state govt.

If you watched his screening by the senate do you sincerely believed Ameachi deserve to be a minister of the FRN
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Truckpusher(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:

Many more called out Jesus Christ, nothing new
Of course as at then Jesus broke the law - He said he was going to bring down the temple and build it in three days and that was blasphemy after all the people didn't understood him ,so he broke the fuccking rule and he paid.

So, when is your Amaechi going to pay?
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Aside politics and the corruption issue against Ameachi by River state govt.

If you watched his screening by the senate do you sincerely believed Ameachi deserve to be a minister of the FRN
300 top notch school in 8yrs is good enough for me

1 Like

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by kestolove95(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Buhari is a complete old fo0l
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Of course as at then Jesus broke the law - He said he was going to bring down the temple and build it in three days and that was blasphemy after all the people didn't understood him ,so he broke the fuccking rule and he paid.

So, when is your Amaechi going to pay?
If bringing down Jonathan's government is the crime, you should concentrate on bringing the pdp back for such "payment"
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by OYAY(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2015

God will bless you immensely for your remark! They kept shouting imposition by BAT while his candidates is shining in different task assign to them;it is a shame to have somebody like Audu with his highest bidders' instinct as a face of change in Kogi and Sylva as a face of do or die in one hand and APCs' change in the other.
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
kestolove95:
Buhari is a complete old fo0l
Your opinion. I think your parents are too, my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by fistonati(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
Meaning dt buhari is not gay.

Fight for yourself, win ur people's mind
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by hinwazaka: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
HungerBAD:
Principled President.

The political atmosphere is different now. Don't remember the last time, i read of any politician stealing with impunity again. Change has come, and yes Mr. President, no corrupt Politician should align their names with yours.

Principled my ass. After the massive hue and cry of Nigerians against the thief called Audu, he chose to pretend he is not in support of the candidature of Audu. Where was he, when the man was campaigning on the platform of his party. This President is so useless and stup1d, he doesn't know how to lie. What about Fashola and Amaechi, when will he dissociate himself from them, Rubbish.
Re: Remove My Pictures From Your Campaign Materials, Presidency Orders Abubakar Audu by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
And where tha' hell is Adesina?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Side View Of Buhari's Naked Body In The Holy Mosque / Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist / Nnamdi Kanu Security And Protection Is Handled By Biafran Special Forces Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.