Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

American Artist Over Charging In Africa? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / American Artist Over Charging In Africa? (992 Views)

New Nigerian - American Artist Nezerado / Best New American Artist! Follow On Twitter @jgunz40 / New Nigerian-american Artist On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Artist Over Charging In Africa? by Odeku(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2006
Do you think its worth bringing this so call hip pop artist to Nigeria, why are they over charging outrageous prices in Africa? I was told some of the tickets were sold for over $200. How many people will attend such concert here in the state? my friend in London said he paid 13 pounds to see the same artist. are they taking advantage of us or what do you guys think, how can you have a show in Africa and the regular people that needed the show can't even afford the price? who should be blame?
Re: American Artist Over Charging In Africa? by neelsel(f): 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2006
Odeku:

Do you think its worth bringing this so call hip pop artist to Nigeria, why are they over charging outrageous prices in Africa? I was told some of the tickets were sold for over $200. How many people will attend such concert here in the state? my friend in London said he paid 13 pounds to see the same artist. are they taking advantage of us or what do you guys think, how can you have a show in Africa and the regular people that needed the show can't even afford the price? who should be blame?
Food for thought brother. Just goes to show where our peoples' priorities lie. I am sure many would sacrifice to come up with that sum of money but given another option like investing or making a down payment on some credits(college) my people wouldn't.
It is not only a problem in Africa, this problem is a world wide black people problem.
They would spend $200 on a pair of sneakers and packed the welfare offices every end of money to collect other peoples' hard earned cash.
Que las ti ma,  mi corazon el doler,
Re: American Artist Over Charging In Africa? by Odeku(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2006
I was even told some vip ticket was going for 100.000 Naira. how pathetic, I know the promoter want to make money but that is just poor greed
Re: American Artist Over Charging In Africa? by Free(f): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2006
yea i think they do overcharge and its crazy
how do they expect ppl to pay 4 it
i mean concerts in the US dnt even cost that much

som bullshiiit cheesy
Re: American Artist Over Charging In Africa? by Odeku(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2006
I think the promoters should be blame
Re: American Artist Over Charging In Africa? by uchetobi(f): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2006
• at the end tickets were still sold for 10,00 naira but that is by the way. I think the price was high to keep out area boys and hoodlums who usually take charge of such shows; raping girls, stealing things and harassing people generally. This has always been the trend at shows in lagos. What is the use of paying a reduced rate and you can’t enjoy it? So I think the concept was to give people who could afford it value for their money.
Also, my friends in the states said its very rare to see that much number of stars performing at the same show. So there Is no way it was going to be cheap. Nigerians are not poor judging by the crowd present at the two shows. Please note I was not an organizer; these are just my views

(1) (Reply)

Listen Now To Rare Nigerian 70's Super Funk / Any Salsa Club In Lagos? / Ruggedman Live In Manchester With Mp,tloye N Xcafo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.