Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,576 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? (4115 Views)

Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. / See The Price Of The Blackberry Priv Android Handset / Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by tbmas(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
NETWORK
Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
LAUNCH
Announced 2015, October
Status Coming soon. Exp. release 2015, November
BODY
Dimensions 147 x 77.2 x 9.4 mm (5.79 x 3.04 x 0.37 in)
Weight 192 g (6.77 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
SIM Yes
DISPLAY
Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.4 inches (~71.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1440 x 2560 pixels (~540 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
  - Curved edge screen
PLATFORM
OS Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808
CPU Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A57 & quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 418
MEMORY
Card slot microSD, up to 200 GB
Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
CAMERA
Primary 18 MP, Schneider-Kreuznach optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps
Secondary 2 MP
SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
COMMS
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP, EDR, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS
Radio No
USB microUSB v2.0
FEATURES
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, BBM
Browser HTML5
Java No
  - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FlAC player
- MP4/H.264 player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
BATTERY
  Li-Ion 3410 mAh battery
Stand-by
Talk time
MISC
Colors Black
Price group 9/10

1 Share

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Skibofire(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
This is a beast of a phone buh ama stick with my Lumia.

2 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by tbmas(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
More

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by redcliff: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Il say a big yes. Dont mind the folks who think its ezpensive. For a flagship phone of this sort i expected it to be more expensive

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by tbmas(m): 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
Cc dragnet, honsule
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by bigass123(m): 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
The battery isn't enough.. Anything less than 4,000 mah is not for me.
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by tbmas(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigass123:
are you looking for a machine. We have power banks nowadays to compliment flaws like dis

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Adenle041(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
When we go stop to dey ship our money go abroad

You self no think am

Since the days of Nokia 3310

Na him this oyinbo no stop to dey collect our money.

Nigeria engineer no be only moto una go produce o o o

Its time to start from PHONE

Abi no be talk?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
bigass123:

Better stick with your infinix hot note pro, Priv ain't for brokeass niggahs.

7 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by bigass123(m): 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
Go tell that to your pop at home.. Okay?
You son of a monkey and make sure you give your wh0re of a mother a dirty slap for raising a senseless mor0n like you..
Thank you for calling me a broke ass Nigga... At least I'm not a thief and I'm contented with what I got and I still feed my family and take care of my ward comfortably well.
But senseless goats like you will go broke while trying to look rich.. Buying gadgets with borrowed funds or a life savings. You'll carry those gadgets around still looking for cheats to browse with and no call credit on the phone. We know your type na and Its no way your fault.. You took after your senseless father.. Idi0t!
Quote me again and I'll give you more than you can chew.
Olori buruku

koice:

8 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by wiseone28: 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
kiss i will buy.........(second hand)

2 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by ihatebuhari(f): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
koice:

Mr gates clap for your self

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by wheesin(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
dumb blackberry...give them 1 or 2 years..u will see this phone for 50k ..just like z30 and z5 undecided

7 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Elxandre(m): 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
This phone will be quite fragile.
A disaster waiting to happen at the first drop!.

I also don't think people love physical keyboards anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by tbmas(m): 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Elxandre:

that's the more reason people buy q10 and q5......
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Elxandre:

Sez who?? you'd be quite surprised to note that many business owners and executive would rather deal with physical keyboard than virtual one. For one, it's less intrusive, more dependable and most importantly, it's an identity. Why do you think that normal laptops are till outselling tablets with similar and even better specs? And come to think of it, some tablets even come with physical keyboards out of the box as an option. Why? The importance of physical keyboard cannot be understated. There is nothing that gives a user more confidence than hitting with rapid abandon at some plastic objects that can be felt, the sound of your fingers connecting with the keyboards alone is butter to the ears, and gives one the same calm you would feel when you use a laptop.

Blackberry priv is unique in the aspect that it can offer one the needed calm/confidence/security of a physical keyboard as well as offering a virtual one at the same time. It's an identity that sets it apart from other non-blackberry smartphones out there. Believe it or not, it's an advantage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by webincomeplus(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2015
This might just give BlackBerry the big boost they need to get back into the market.

No doubt, the device is a beast. I'm sure this one ain't selling for anything less than N100k.

Aha, this is exactly what some people expect Tecno to make and sell for N25k. Nigerians are clowns!

5 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by webincomeplus(m): 7:34am On Oct 25, 2015
wheesin:
dumb blackberry...give them 1 or 2 years..u will see this phone for 50k ..just like z30 and z5 undecided
So, Z30 now sells for N50k in your own shop? Tell me something! And which one is Z5 again?

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by webincomeplus(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2015
bigass123:
Seems you're still living in the past. Latest versions of Android consume much less power than the earlier ones. And that's why Samsung Galaxy S6's battery isn't even up to 3000mAh. Yet, it will trump most phones with more powerful batteries in terms of performance and battery life. Check out iPhones too, and tell me which one has a battery of up to 4000mAh.

So, if you're expecting new phones to come with 4000mah batteries, you might be disappointed! Does that mean you would stick to the likes of Tecno L6?

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=tbmas post=39324856][/quote] so finally we are back to android.finally blackberry is finally releasing android phone..now waiting for apple
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2015
tbmas:
NETWORK
Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
LAUNCH
Announced 2015, October
Status Coming soon. Exp. release 2015, November
BODY
Dimensions 147 x 77.2 x 9.4 mm (5.79 x 3.04 x 0.37 in)
Weight 192 g (6.77 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
SIM Yes
DISPLAY
Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.4 inches (~71.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1440 x 2560 pixels (~540 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
  - Curved edge screen
PLATFORM
OS Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
so finally we are back to android.finally blackberry is finally releasing android phone..now waiting for apple

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Eddy2cute(m): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2015
How much is the price na?
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Joeace3000(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2015
When you have money, you can buy a phone...Even this one's price wouldn't matter. So go for getting money now! follow me

If you are a student, young school leaver searching for jobs, or you are tired of switching jobs or have no skill at all and want to develop skills that can fetch you money today, then visit my my Nairaland fiverr free training thread where you can come in to learn how to join fiverr and offer 5 Hot, In-demand Services as well as developing the skills needed not only to make money monthly working online on fiverr but offline as a workplace skill you can start a business with or use to boost your resume and job chances. Ain't that cool?

The thread is a well explained step by step guide along with images to help you grasp what you need to do. to help you get started today

There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...

The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Mcbussy(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2015
I'd rather buy this than buy an iPhone 6+.... 18MP on a blackberry!! I bet the pictures would be clearer than my natural vision. grin

Awesome specs...with the most sold out mobile operating system. I also trust blackberry encryption and security. For the first time I think blackberry just made something that isn't overpriced. Apple make una continue to troll, only fanatics would keep buying.grin

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by oloriooko(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2015
a phone packed with numerous specs should have a better battery power than what it has.
blackberry with its battery miserly character as always
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by slinkman(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2015
the phone is really nice, only two things spoilt it for me, the processor and that keyboard... the keyboard is really unnecessary
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Elxandre(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2015
Koice,
I disagree joor.

A physical keyboard doesn't have swype for example.
I haven't typed on my phone for almost a year now.

The reason Laptops are outselling Tabs is simple.
You can't use a touch screen keyboard comfortably as a physical keyboard.
Phones are however different.
physical or touch keyboard, you must still use only two fingers, so no clear advantage.

Again, where did you get your tablet with better specs than laptops from abeg?

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2015
Buy it and cry later. . No worries.. We will surely reply to your complaint thread here

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by braindamage(m): 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Fantastic fone. Blackberry trying really hard not to go under.
Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by drss(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
if dem dash me dis phone i go jejeli sell am buy tecno phantom5 n laptop. Then use d change buy meatpie, zobo drinks n other tins.

5 Likes

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by Dbestmax(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
drss:
if dem dash me dis phone i go jejeli sell am buy tecno phantom5 n laptop. Then use d change buy meatpie, zobo drinks n other tins.
Ds guy sef...Wetin dey worry u pass wetin dey worry Nigerian Senate house

1 Like

Re: Full Specs And Pics Of The New Blackberry PRIV. Worth The Price? by drss(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dbestmax:

Ds guy sef...Wetin dey worry u pass wetin dey worry Nigerian Senate house
na brokage cause am. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itel It1516 Plus To Feature Powerful Battery + Cool Specs / Lets See Your Screenshots Of Your Homepage / Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.