Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Ship Or Buy At Home? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ship Or Buy At Home? (732 Views)

Action Kekenape From Company Buy At Cheap Price:08132681087 / I'm Looking For A Clean Toyota Matrix To Buy At A Reasonably Cheap Rate... / Interesting Buy:: Who Will Buy : At Giveaway Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ship Or Buy At Home? by platinumnk(f): 10:39pm On May 04, 2009
Hey guys im new here, and I was interested in buying a car, I know cars are cheap here (US) but I dont know the whole shipping cost! My dad shipped a Siena last year for my uncle and it was a freaking hassle. I mean the car was damaged, customs refused to release it, so much money had to be paid!

But while i was in Lagos I stopped at a few dealerships. i can for the least say that their prices were overrated! Too high mehn!! tongue tongue But I wonder if it is better to buy at home to save the trouble of shipping.

Help from the auto experts??

I want to send a 2001 Xterra that cost about 3000 here with about 115K miles, but I want to know if it is better to just buy one in 9ja.

Soo spill. . .  grin grin grin
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by platinumnk(f): 10:58pm On May 04, 2009
soooo no one wants to help a lady out? cry cry cry
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by 190: 10:59pm On May 04, 2009
@platinumnk
dearie why didnt u tell me u wanted
2 ship a car over,u shud atleast let me know
some stufs @least b4 u jst do sometins angry angry angry grin grin grin grin
we hav been talkin,anyway i dnt tink it wud be wise shippin
from the states,i mean u may be cheated and everytin
dont worry wen ure bak @ 9ja,we wud go get u a cool ride
maybe a toyota yaris or kia rio, sometin feminine,u wud love it
dont worry, as long as im here 4 u,u dnt have 2 worry abt No stuffs
Im here 4 u,
pls dont worry abt shiping thoes stuffs some peeps here might advice u 2ship it
but i mean,it wud be too stressful 4 u and kinda risk, *ask me later not here**
so get a car over here wen u com over, i know its damn xpensive bt not RISKY
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by inspiredm(m): 11:03pm On May 04, 2009
platinumnk:

Help from the auto experts??

I want to send a 2001 Xterra that cost about 3000 here with about 115K miles, but I want to know if it is better to just buy one in 9ja.

Soo spill. . .  grin grin grin

[b]
It would be a better Idea if you Ship your car home, You get to save more money.

Going with your Explanation, If the 2001 Nissan Xterra is mechanically Sound and the Engine is in Good notch then $3000 Is not a  bad idea.

A 2001 Nissan Xterra with 115k miles would cost nothing less than 1.6million Naira ( $10,000 ) here in Lagos.

Shipment & Clearing of Vehicles to Lagos Ports is Hassle Free and a Straight Forward Process, Theres Hardly A Nigerian Family in the US who hasnt shipped a car home recently.

Since the Over hauliing of the Lagos Sea Ports, Issues like vandalisation, thefts etc has been curbed / minimised drastically.

Nigerian Customs does not usually hold cars that are not older than 10 years, and they dont demand for ''lots'' of money, Typically, Clearing of vehicles are to be handled by Clearing agents and there are Fixed range of Prices for Vehicles as related to their Year.

Its Not hard at all to Ship & Clear a Car to Nigeria, if you need further help as regards the Subject, you can send me an email via enquiries@BLOCKED I may be able to offer further assistance.

Thanks

Inspired_m

Osina Nwata Buru Ogalanya 1 Of Nairaland  cool cool[/b]
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by platinumnk(f): 11:06pm On May 04, 2009
thanks i will be hitting u up cheesy
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by 190: 11:12pm On May 04, 2009
@inspired
I know u wud come forward on dis 1
ure business everywher
anyway i trust u
and i believe u wont dissapoint her us
anyway i didnt know u were into clearing and 4wardin
that much and i cant risk her in2 someone else hands
so u have my final Vote!

@platinumnk dear
Its ok
wit Inspired ure safe!
lets talk later abt dis!
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by platinumnk(f): 11:19pm On May 04, 2009
190:

@platinumnk
dearie why didnt u tell me u wanted
2 ship a car over,u shud atleast let me know
some stufs @least b4 u jst do sometins angry angry angry grin grin grin grin
we hav been talkin,anyway i dnt tink it wud be wise shippin
from the states[b],i mean u may be cheated and everytin[/b]
dont worry wen ure bak @ 9ja,we wud go get u a cool ride
maybe a [s]toyota yaris or kia rio, sometin feminine[/s],u wud love it
dont worry, as long as im here 4 u,u dnt have 2 worry abt No stuffs
Im here 4 u,
pls dont worry abt shiping thoes stuffs some peeps here might advice u 2ship it
but i mean,it wud be too stressful 4 u and kinda risk, *ask me later not here**
so get a car over here wen u com over, i know its damn xpensive bt not RISKY

Well my bf's neighbors wife just shipped a car over from the states, and she is a woman, bringing a car all by herself with no men involved. Now if she can do  it why not I?
It just that when my dad shipped a car, I feel like he got screwed over a lot. And I dont want the same to happen to me. I actually want two cars, I saw a BMW03 for about 850k, now that I deal with, but I dont drive manual.  

I might try shipping, and see how it goes.

I dislike the Yaris and Rio and cars like them, what makes them feminine? Because they are small?? ewwww i dont like small car, My first car was a baby boy and that aint small, now I roll with a 04 honda coupe, and its pretty big. Down south we like big cars, just like men lol!

And we love SUV's 2!! I saw a Chevy Tahoe for like 6,000 here, but im worried about how am I going to find such mechanic thats reliable! So Id rather stick with the knowns: Toyota, Nissan, Honda.

Id rather take the new camry any day over a yaris tongue tongue tongue

PS I didnt like ur sexist comment sad angry sad angry
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by 190: 11:31pm On May 04, 2009
@platinumnk
sure the new camry's are beta than the yaris anyday anytyme
Sorry if i underestimated ur tinkin abt drivin Big cars!
over here,its kinda diferent,i mean its really scary and difficult seein a lady
with a nissan armanda,
but since its ur choice den no problemo! grin
and talkin abt ur neighbour who shipped then thats gud 4 her
just that i have heard alot about shippin and clearing and it aint
that easy but since u have the backin of inspired den that shudnt be a problem as well
and pls pardon me if i over reacted abt the sexiest comment
im just tryin 2mak sure ure ok
NO VEX angry angry
Re: Ship Or Buy At Home? by platinumnk(f): 3:33pm On May 08, 2009
190:

@platinumnk
over here,its kinda diferent,i mean its really scary and difficult seein a lady
with a nissan armanda,

NO VEX angry angry

Y[b]ou would be really terrified to come to the states[/b]. You should see my mom whipping her Suburban like its a Rio!  Come here, and u see most family moms driving big gas guzzlers.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD 1996 Mitsubishi Montero Forsale(registered) / Confused! / Leather Seated Cars Vs. Fabric Seated Cars (which Is Better?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.