Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos (9484 Views)

Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada / Okorocha: "What Fits Me Is President, Not Governor" / Onuesoke To Masari: Jonathan Was Nigerian President, Not Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2015
Yoruba made Jonathan President not Igbo

Igbo should stop spreading lies. It is time to correct this deceit.

When Yar Adua was sick in 2010 and GEJ was VP the most vocal group who ensured Jonathan was made President were the Yoruba. During these period most Igbos were silent and dumb.

The Save Nigeria Group founded by Pastor Tunde Bakare and Sahara reporters prevented Jonathan from being impeached and making way for David Mark to becoming d president. We cant 4get the massive support Prof Wole Soyinka gave to save nigeria group protest and impact of other south west media houses like punch, tribune and the nations to the struggle to prevent Jonathan Impeachment and ensuring that Jonathan became president.

In 2011 elections, the whole South(SW,SS and SE) and middle belt gave Jonathan block vote. South west gave jonathan more than 70% of their vote in 2011 when compared to what Buhari got in South west. South south did the same. South east did d same. North central gave Jonathan more than 60% of the vote.

In 2011, In the whole North (NC,NW and NE) Buhari was only leading Jonathan with about 3.3million vote. In the south west, Jonathan was leading Buhari with about2.4million votes, while in south south Jonathan was leading Buhari with about 6million votes. This means if we cancel all the elections from south east, Jonathan would have still won 2011 elections.

Even if we go further and add all Jonathan's vote in the south east to Buhari vote, Jonathan will still have the simple Majority in 2011 election. This last statement may be sarcastic, but it is true.

The only thing some south east states did which south west states and North Central stares did not do was to Inflate the voters turn out which card readers prevented in 2015 election. The truth was dat the inflation of vote by some south east states in 2011 was completely unneccessary because Jonathan would have won without it. Jonathan won some states like Taraba and Adamawa in North east in 2011.

We cant forget the impact of Pastor Enoch Adeboye laying of hands on Jonathan in 2011 redeem camp on 2011 Jonathan election among christians all over Nigeria. We cant 4get the role of Gen Olusegun Obasanjo in ensuring that Jonathan was made Acting President. Who being the Chairman of PDP board of trustee asked Yar Adua to resign for Jonathan to become president. We cant 4get d Insult obasanjo got from Arewa for that statements. We cant 4get how Obasanjo prevent former VP Atiku abubarkar from hijacking PDP and getting the PDP ticket in 2011

So igbo never made Jonathan President in 2011. The only thing Igbo did was to destroy Jonathan presidency between 2011 and 2015.
Igbo people like Stella Oduah destroyed d image of Jonathan Govt. Igbo people hijack Jonathan govt preventing him from achieving what he needed to achieve. Pius Ayim Pius brought high level Nepotism to Nigeria Federal civil service.

As far as i am concern it was President Jonathan who did Igbo big favour by giving them a loud voice in Nigeria national politics. You igbo should be grateful to Jonathan not d other way around.

The only time Igbo stood alone with Jonathan was 2015 election which Jonathan lost. Igbo stood with him for thier own good because of what he had done for them politically. And also because they know they cant control any other person the way they controlled Jonathan

Even today that Jonathan is no more the president of Nigeria, the only Governor who has made defending Jonathan legacy his primary assignment is a Yoruba Governor. Governor Fayose of Ekiti. No igbo PDP governor defend Jonathan today like Fayose do.

Today, they want to re-write history with fake propanganda just because of 2015 election. What make me sick is the way they make it look like south south owe them when actually they are the one owing south south for giving them voice through Jonathan.

In summary, Jonathan got 22.5 million vote while Buhari got 12.2Million votes in 2011. if you subtract the 5million vote South east gave jonathan and even add it to Buhari vote, Jonathan vote will become 17.5million while Buhari vote will become 17.2millions. Thus Jonathan would have still won.

The moral of my message is that in 2011 election, the whole Nigeria voted for Jonathan. In 2011 Jonathan was the candidate of SW,SS,SE,NC and some part of NE. So south east cannot lay claim that they made Jonathan President.

But if Jonathan was not made Acting president by the help of the Yoruba, Jonathan would not even be a candidate for the election in the first place.

Below is 2011 Presidential results.
source:http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20110419040622zg/sections/general-articles/details-of-2011-presidential-election-results-in-nigeria/

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by chocolateme(f): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2015
Really?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2015
Alright! Sure u re happy now! We can now rest!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 25, 2015
chocolateme:
Really?

That is d absolute truth

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by gwales: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2015
The igbo people in Jonathan government are the frontrunner in the campaign against North and South West, they reduce the government into an igbo affair by insulting other regions and ethnic groups

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2015
gwales:
The igbo people in Jonathan government are the frontrunner in the campaign against North and South West, they reduce the government into an igbo affair by insulting other regions and ethnic groups

That is how they destroyed Jonathan 2015 election. They hijack it and made d election a tribal battle.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Fundango: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2015
wailers food is readly.grin

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by angiography(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2015
gwales:
Exactly.

I voted for Jonathan in 2011...but then corruption...I had to vote for the better(not perfect) alternative

The south easterners seem to be oblivious of this

33 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by lekan29ice(m): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2015
TRUTH IS BITTER

13 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 25, 2015
angiography:

Exactly.

I voted for Jonathan in 2011...but then corruption...I had to vote for the better(not perfect) alternative

The south easterners seem to be oblivious of this

Yes. The way they lay claim to Jonathan presidency is so annoying that some people are begining to 4get how Jonathan became acting president in 2010

29 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by FreeGlobe(f): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2015
nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:
nonsense

Is the post true or not? Not just to say nonsense!

22 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:
You Igbo should stop spreading lies. It is time to correct this deceit.

When Yar Adua was sick in 2010 and GEJ was VP the most vocal group who ensured Jonathan was made President were the Yoruba. During these period most Igbos were silent and dumb.

The Save Nigeria Group founded by Pastor Tunde Bakare and Sahara reporters prevented Jonathan from being impeached and making way for David Mark to becoming d president.

In 2011 elections, the whole South(SW,SS and SE) and middle belt gave Jonathan block vote. South west gave jonathan more than 70% of their vote in 2011.
South south did d same. South east did d same. North central gave Jonathan more than 60% of the vote.

The only thing some south east states did which south west states and North Central stares did not do was to Inflate the voters turn out which card readers prevented in 2015 election. The truth was dat the inflation of vote by some south east states in 2011 was completely unneccessary because Jonathan would have won without it. Jonathan won some states like Taraba and Adamawa in North east in 2011.

We cant forget the impact of Pastor Enoch Adeboye laying of hands on Jonathan in 2011 redeem camp on 2011 Jonathan election among christians all over Nigeria.

So igbo never made Jonathan President in 2011. The only tin Igbo did was to destroy Jonathan presidemcy between 2011 and 2015.
Igbo people like Stella Oduah destroyed d image of Jonathan Govt. Igbo people hijack Jonathan govt preventing him from achieving what he needed to achieve. Pius Ayim Pius brought high level Nepotism to Nigeria Federal civil service.

As far as i an concern it was President Jonathan who did Igbo big favour by giving them a loud voice in Nigeria national politics. You igbo should be grateful to Jonathan not d other way around.

The only time you stood alone with Jonathan was 2015 election which Jonathan lost. You stood with him for your own good because of what he had done for you politically.

Even today that Jonathan is no more the president of Nigeria, the only Governor who has made defending Jonathan legacy his primary assignment is a Yoruba Governor. Governor Fayose of Ekiti. No igbo PDP governor defend Jonathan today like Fayose do.
GOD bless you. smiley

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Uniben4sure: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2015
gwales:
Really?!

Ffk must be Igbo. Even Reuben Abati. Fayose too is an igboman. Oh I forgot, Orubebe too is Igbo. Even Bode George. Dokpesi too that lent his AIT for campaigns of calumny against Buhari must also be an Igbo man.

Hypocrites!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by martha89: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2015
Obhiaba what is your business with Igbo's?

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by FreeGlobe(f): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:

has anything true come out of Yorubas and yorubaland? I guess the late professor Dora Akunyili who played the key role during that era was yoruba. I don't even have time to waste responding to your obvious nonsense.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by cleatoris: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2015
That's very true.
Yoruba made Jonathan president but ibos ruined his presidency. They reaped without wisdom, tact and diplomacy in a place they were to afraid to sow.

31 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by cleatoris: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:

You should know by now that ibos are incapable of engaging in robust arguments with, especially when choked with incontrovertible facts. They only resort to insults and emotional tantrums.

I've given up on those plonkers honestly.

33 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Ugomba(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:

That is d absolute truth
Italian deportee. This thread is waiting for you.
https://www.nairaland.com/2689150/what-hell-niger-delta-republic

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:

As an edo man we dont deny truth when we see it. Yes it is true between 1995 and 2007 alot of Edo girls use to travel to Italy. But today the rate has declined.

Today amnesty international has legalised prostitution. So it is not a big deal. Since edo girls are doing it where it is partially legalised.

But we edo are still better than Igbo who all you do is push drug, do human ritual, key people for money and commit fraud. The image of Nigeria is bad abroad because of Ibo not because of Edo.

However in Nigeria prostitution is Illegal. when it comes to local prostitution in Nigeria Igbo dominate. From the North to the South, d highest number of prostitute are Igbos. If you doubt it, go to brothels in Festac and brothels in Kano, kaduna etc all over Nigeria, most of the brothels are filled with igbo prostitutes.

34 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by cleatoris: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

has anything true come out of Yorubas and yorubaland? I guess the late professor Dora Akunyili who played the key role during that era was yoruba. I don't even have time to waste responding to your obvious nonsense.
By saying that she wasn't aware of where Yaradua was? Key role indeed!

Anyway, apart from this Dora Akunyili that you hypnotised ibos always rush to mention whenever this issue is brought up, which other "brave" iboman dared cough when Jonathan was being messed up by Turai?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Ugomba(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:

As an edo man we dont deny truth when we see it. Yes it is true between 1995 and 2007 alot of Edi girls use to travel to Italy. But today the rate has declined. It is not a big deal.

Today amnesty international has legalised prostitution. So it is not a big deal.

But we edo are still better than Igbo who all you do is push drug, do human ritual, key people for money and commit fraud. The image of Nigeria is bad abroad because of Ibo not because of Edo.
hahahahahahaha.. Stop being emotional, go to that thread and answer the question. What will Edo contribute to the Niger Delta Republic?

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Prof Dora Akunyili of blessed memory tried towards d end of the struggle. Her boldness came as a resort of the movement of Save Nigeria Group.

I respect Prof Dora Akunyili. She is a great woman who did her best for Nigeria. May her soul rest in peace.

12 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Alphaoscar: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2015
atbu1983:

As an edo man we dont deny truth when we see it. Yes it is true between 1995 and 2007 alot of Edo girls use to travel to Italy. But today the rate has declined.

Today amnesty international has legalised prostitution. So it is not a big deal.

Lots of their sisters too are in brothels selling their yansh for peanuts. Prostitution is not limited to a particular because it is everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by luvmijeje(f): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2015
OP, you are troublesome. Despite your obvious distrust and dislike for the Igbos, you still manage to back your statement with facts. Although you're openly tribal but you still pass your message with class. You're not forceful or brash but your messages still manage to carry punch. You're unashamedly bias but you still come across as been honest.

I don't know if I'm making sense, my point is if you guys will continue to tribalise every thread, please be sensible like the OP.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by stevecantrell: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2015
Jonathan wasn't a critical thinker, much too shallow.

He could have got both igbo and yoruba tribes to return him to Aso Rock for a second term but..

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2015
luvmijeje:
OP, you are troublesome. Despite your obvious distrust and dislike for the Igbos, you still manage to back your statement with facts. Although you're openly tribal but you still pass your message with class. You're not forceful or brash but your messages still manage to carry punch. You're unashamedly bias but you still come across as been honest.

I don't know if I'm making sense, my point is if you guys will continue to tribalise every thread, please be sensible like the OP.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2015
Ugomba:

I have given you the answer u want on d thread u created. I did it just to make you happy. I dont owe u any comment on ur thread

1 Like

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by vicadex07(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2015
Jonathan was an ingrate by sidelining the yorubas in his government and he paid dearly for his stupidity.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by DaBullIT(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2015
Oore pe, Asiere Gbabe

A favor done a long time ago can only be forgotten by an erdyot/ingrate

1 Like

Re: Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos by cleatoris: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Lots of their sisters too are in brothels selling their yansh for peanuts. Prostitution is not limited to a particular because it is everywhere.
Ibo girls with their akpu bele dominate the prostitution business in Nigeria. They are littered around all stinking brothels in Benin. They're the cheapest whorés around town.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Opens Special Account For Recovered Loot / Tiv Group Files N550bn Suit Against Buhari, Miyetti Allah, Others / "Those Sentenced To Death Were Executed About 30 Minutes Ago"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.