Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? (747 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / Is Self Servicing A "SIN" For A Couple Whose Partner Is Hardly Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by Etizz: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2015
OK, I normally go to church more often, but today I did not go to church for no reason at all, is it a sin for me not going to church today? If it's a sin, how do u prove it.
Re: Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by missKiffy(f): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2015
No

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by thorpido(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2015
It's not a sin not to go to church(even at all).However,the bible encourages us not to forsake the assembly of brethren.
One of the strategies of the devil is to discourage people from going to church until they eventually stop going.He does this to make the individual vulnerable to attack.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by maryannah(f): 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
it is a SIn, its stated in the 10 commandment that, remember to keep the Sabbath day holy, and you should keep it holy by attending mass/service and by not going to work/ business plc.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by Etizz: 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
maryannah:
it is a SIn, its stated in the 10 commandment that, remember to keep the Sabbath day holy, and you should keep it holy by attending mass/service and by not going to work/ business plc.
So what if am a sailor, and my vessel is just at the middle of the sea on a Sunday, or am in an offshore work and no church around, how would u place dat, u mean I have sinned right? So, d day I feel sick n could not go to church, I have sinned also? I decide to worship God in my house and keep dat day holy without going to church is also a sin abi? Make me understand
Re: Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by charlsecy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
maryannah:
It seems you don't know the meaning of Sabbath. For your information, Sabbath means Rest. To keep the Sabbath means to abstain from work. God should be worshipped AT ALL TIMES! Sabbath is not worship; it's rest....
Re: Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? by raayah(f): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
maryannah:

According to the Calender. The first day of the week is Suunday while the seventh day is Saturday.
Most orthodox jews worship the Lord on Saturday.
Why are you going to church on Sunday instead of Saturday.

(1) (Reply)

India Spiritual Temple / Important questions from Evangelist Matthew Owojaiye's View On El Zazhaki / Do We Pay Tithe On Gross Pay Or Net Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.