Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. (2629 Views)

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / Crude Oil Hits $50 Per Barrel. Nigeria not Benefitting / How Anambra Was Stopped From Benefitting From Its Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
I cringe each time i hear my brothers push for a Biafran republic.

Have we really taken some time off to think about Biafra as a real Nation and not some online fantansy of some over-fed conman. Anyway that's a story for another day.

The truth remains that we Igbos benefit the most out of a United Nigeria. Why would i say this?

Take a look at the Nigerian GDP for a second. according to the National bureau of Statistics, Our Q2 2015 GDP stood at N21,734,829.86 million

Out of this amount,

The Oil sector represents 9.80% of total real GDP (keys oil producing states Akwa ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Cross River )

Mining and Quarrying contributed 7.75 % to overall GDP during Q2 of 2015. ( key active mining states in Nigeria: Plateau, kwara, Nasarawa, Sokoto,
Kaduna, Oyo, Osun, Bauchi, Borno and Benue.
Inactive mines but with huge potential Anambra and Enugu)

Agriculture contributed 17.89% to nominal GDP during Q2 OF 2015. (Key agricultural states in Nigeria: Niger, Kano, Jigawa, Zamfara,Kebbi, Sokoto, Katsina, Kaduna, Adamawa, Yobe, Borno, Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa, Bauchi,Gombe, Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Edo

Manufacturing Contributed 9.29% to Nominal GDP. (Key manufacturing states are Lagos, Ogun, Rivers, Oyo, Kano and sokoto)

Lagos alone contributes about a quarter of the country’s GDP, which amounts to 60% of the GDP if the oil and gas contribution is removed, with 60% of the commercial activities in the country also being done in Lagos.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/04/01/lagos-contributes-a-quarter-of-nigerias-gdp-commissioner/

We igbos are mostly traders and business men. Businesses thrive with population. Nigeria as constituted gives us the greatest opportunity and free access to the biggest and most lucrative market in Africa, Even when we are not bringing so much to the table.

Each day we wake up should be an opportunity to thank God and the Brits for bringing Nigeria together. Without Nigeria, we might not be as prosperous as we are right now.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/sphider/search.php?query=gdp&search=1&x=0&y=0

cc nobledandy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by chocolateme(f): 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ok
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
Yes, igbos are benefitting from united Nigeria and they chose to stay away from a united Nigeria. Why hold them? Meaning they are not parasites after all as your myopic mind was made to believe.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
obum88:
Yes, igbos are benefitting from united Nigeria and they chose to stay away from a united Nigeria. Why hold them? Meaning they are not parasites after all as your myopic mind was made to believe.

Have you noticed that no sensible igboman has ever towed this your line of reasoning?

7 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nigeria can never be the first or last place Igbos will inscript their name in Gold...

If Igbos can thrive outside the Shores of Nigeria then the discussion is closed since your arguments is being flawed already...

And if they can do it outside Nigeria then check the impact and accumulated benefits, if they should all do it in Biafra as their own country.

My guy this your thread is rubbish since Igbos benefitting, sustainance and wealth is independent of Nigeria...

That's my piece

13 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by kossyablaze(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

Have you noticed that no sensible igboman has ever towed this your line of reasoning?
my friend go watch match

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by BrokenTV: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
All of a thing you are now Igbo, why not leave the lgbo people to deal in their issue, your guys are pathetic Is ndi Igbo blocking Yoruba people from seeking Freedom Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Rose2014: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
cheesy
So after I busted op, he went to create a new moniker and became Igbo
Yorubas on nl won't kill me o cheesy

12 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by abu12: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
obum88:

[size=16pt]don't u knw road 2 UN if u want baifra? U fooolss will b shouting biafra on nairaland, when ur leaders are begging 4 food from our leader [/size]

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

From the way you reason I am very sure you can decipher sensibility from stupidity
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

Mention any reasonable man that you mean....
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Rose2014: 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
One question for op

Where in Igbo are u from? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Nigeria can never be the first or last place Igbos will inscript there name in Gold...

If Igbos can thrive outside the Shores of Nigeria then the discussion is closed since your arguments is being flawed already...

And if they can do it outside Nigeria then check the impact and accumulated benefits if they all do it in Biafra as their own country.

My guy these your thread is rubbish since Igbos benefitting, sustainance and wealth is independent of Nigeria...

That's my piece

lol. and what tribe does not thrive outside Nigeria? success is an individual thing, not tribal.

All what i am pointing out is that Nigeria is giving we the igbos more than we are even giving back to her. So why cry for marginalization?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
abu12:

[size=16pt]don't u knw road 2 UN if u want baifra? U fooolss will b shouting biafra on nairaland, when ur leaders are begging 4 food from our leader [/size]

Our leaders your leaders, this kind of mentality is the reason we shout louder for a sovereign state. Your tone shows that one Nigeria is a mirage.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by BrokenTV: 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Mention any reasonable man that you mean....
The Kid will mention Rochas Okoroawusa and Igbokwe.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rose2014:
cheesy
So after I busted op, he went to create a new moniker and became Igbo
Yorubas on nl won't kill me o cheesy

busted gini? Aunty rose i choro kam kpoputa picture anyi ahu?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Rose2014: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

busted gini? Aunty rose i choro kam kpoputa picture anyi ahu?

What I don't understand is Why Yorubas are so bent on a united Nigeria
But silent on true federalism?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
BrokenTV:

The Kid will mention Rochas Okoroawusa and Igbokwe.

How many of your kinsmen have shook hands with obama? grin

show me any globally recognized igbo leader that has ever supported your call for secession?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by FKO81(m): 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:
I cringe each time

cc nobledandy
Agu dowa gi agbha for pulling that rubbish from ur as.s

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rose2014:

What I don't understand is Why Yorubas are so bent on a united Nigeria
But silent on true federalism?

yoruba gbakwa oku. abu m ezigbo nwafo. Attack the topic and not the op.
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

lol. and what tribe does not thrive outside Nigeria? success is an individual thing, not tribal.

All what i am pointing out is that Nigeria is giving we the igbos more than we are even giving back to her. So why cry for marginalization?

Marginalization?? that's the last thing that should be in the list?

What we are after is to restore our country...
If success is now independent like you just confirmed why is Igbos excluded?
Judging by your post up there Igbos only succeed in Nigeria... What the hell is that??
Guy in fact they swear for you?? Because you be first class nonentity, that's just the fact

Like I said earlier Igbos are independent of Nigeria whether you like it or not...

Why then holding us back if everybody's success is independent like you just stated??

We want to quit Nigeria for good...
That's what we want...
My mama once told me that as a True igbo son I deserve the best...

So am telling all Igbos reading this that they should never settle for less.. We really deserve better...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Marginalization that's the last thing in the list?
Judging by your post up there Igbos only succeed in Nigeria...

Guy you be first class nonentity, is just the fact
Like I said earlier Igbos are independent of Nigeria whether you like it or not...

Why then holding us back if everybody's success is independent...
That's what we want...

So am telling all Igbos reading this that they should never settle for less.. We really deserve better...

Dude, learn to read with understanding, uburu gi awughi chin chin. I never said that the igbos cannot succeed outside Nigeria. All i am saying is that Nigeria is offering us greater prospects for growth and prosperity than the enclave biafra would ever offer us.
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

Dude, learn to read with understanding, uburu gi awughi chin chin. I never said that the igbos cannot succeed outside Nigeria. All i am saying is that Nigeria is offering us greater prospects for growth and prosperity that the enclave biafra would ever offer us.

You must be insane...
Why are you now shifting ground eagerly...

Lemme ask you can you go to sambisa in your so country and start preaching like you want??
If not?? Y??

You dare not merge biafra to Nigeria, bc what they offer can never be equal...

Biafra will offer you all, and above all give you the peace of environment you need...

So both countries are not the same...

Nigeria can never be safe for me...

Get me biafra and you will smell freedom for once...
If you do witness it which I won't like you to, you will be the one cursing Nigeria... Trust me...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Marginalization?? that's the last thing that should be in the list?

Judging by your post up there Igbos only succeed in Nigeria... What the hell is that??
Guy in fact they swear for you?? Because you be first class nonentity, that's just the fact

Why then holding us back if everybody's success is independent like you just stated??

That's what we want...

how can you be sure that a non existent country would even give the 'the best'? are you not living in as fool's paradise?
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijaking1: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
@poster
Igbos are in every part of the World, does that mean they are benefitting the most from a united World?
At what cost do we get this so-called benefit to our own home environment and self determination? That's the question, not whether Igbos are allowed into Sokoto or Lagos. Igbos already dominate in other parts of Africa, but unfortunately, you don't see the bondage of Nigeria oligarchy on the neck of avarage Igbo on a daily basis.
Igbos are the largest Nigerian if not African group in the US, yet the US government is not stopping our development at home, unlike the Nigerian governement since Gowon.
Get yourself more education, and not limit your views to data churned out by Nigerian bureaucracy.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Just here to read. Please, set the ball rolling....
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

how can you be sure that a non existent country would even give the 'the best'? are you not living in as fool's paradise?

Are you foolish??
Don't you know you can create your own future or better still join people in creating their future or vision??

I have faith bro??
That same faith Luther King Jr has...
That faith Washington has...
That faith Nkrumah has...

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijaking1:
@poster
Igbos are in every part of the World, does that mean they are benefitting the most from a united World?
At what cost do we get this so-called benefit to our own home environment and self determination? That's the question, not whether Igbos are allowed into Sokoto or Lagos. Igbos already dominate in other parts of Africa, but unfortunately, you don't see the bondage of Nigeria oligarchy on the neck of avarage Igbo on a daily basis.
Igbos are the largest Nigerian if not African group in the US, yet the US government is not stopping our development at home, unlike the Nigerian governement since Gowon.
Get yourself more education, and not limit your views to data churned out by Nigerian bureaucracy.

if education means your market statistics, thanks, but no thanks. i want none of that.

The revenue our governors are using to develop our states, where is it coming from? how much do we contribute to the revenue we are sharing monthly? that is the simple question man.

Anybody can go to any country and succeed. it's not a question of tribe.
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by naijapips02: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Are you foolish??
Don't you know you can create your own future or better still join people in creating their future or vision??

I have faith bro??
That same faith Luther King Jr has...
That faith Washington has...
That faith Nkrumah has...

if you truly have faith, affect your present environment as it now. you don't have to wait for biafra before you can start applying your faith.
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Ganjafama(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
May God punish any biafran id.iot who tries to drag Delta State into this biafran nonsense. Wetin concern Urhobo/Itsekiri/Isoko man with biafra? Rubbish!
Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

if you truly have faith, affect your present environment as it now. you don't have to wait for biafra before you can start applying your faith.

Who tell you am not affecting it??
That I do researches improve my skills and all that what do you think am doing...
If you dunno, am preparing myself for the day biafra will come and the positivity I will impact in her...

I heard you are yoruba...
My question for you is this why is biafra giving you sleepless night??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Are Benefitting The Most From A United Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ganjafama:
May God punish any biafran id.iot who tries to drag Delta State into this biafran nonsense. Wetin concern Urhobo/Itsekiri/Isoko man with biafra? Rubbish!

But the Niger delta you are talking about has some states and clans that want biafra....

So it should go like this...
Ganjafama:
May God punish any biafran id.iot who tries to drag my clan into this biafran nonsense. Wetin concern my useless clan with biafra? Rubbish!

And nobody will ever make that mistake disturbing you...
Pls stop making empty noises here...
Niger delta is bigger than you and your foolish edo state

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Late Ooni Of Ife Oba Sijuwade Pictured As He Arrived For His Coronation In 1980 / Buhari Will Run For 2nd Term In 2019, Nigerians Will Support Him - Presidency / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Vindicated Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.