Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. (105648 Views)

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Lagos State Generates N101Billion In 4Months / Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by gebest: 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
K
Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by Descartes: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
freez2ryme:
So ENUGU is ahead of ANAMBRA, even Kano. Wow!!!

that's surprising though

May be its because of d administrative skills of Enugu indigenes.

Remember that Enugu has international airport which lead to a significant increase in its IGR.

8 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by pazienza(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
SS= 191.1Billion
SE total IGR = 61.1Billion
SW - Lagos total IGR= 57.3Billion
NW= 51.4Billion
NE= 24.4Billion
NC= 45.1Billion

Can anybody get me a link to Nigeria revenue allocation to states in 2014.

Lets find out who the real parasites are. Those who take more than they contribute. grin

Btw, Imo is lagging behind in SE, it's high time imolites do the needful and send Rochas packing from that state.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ebonyi beats anambra, this one na olowole list oooo grin
Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by FKO81(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
pazienza:
SE total GDP = 61.1Billion
SW - Lagos total GDP= 57.3Billion

Oboy, once we bust their lies they will go underground

7 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
The truth is that Enugu as a city is more industrialized than all cities in southeast except aba. Go to emene industrial layout and see for yourself, even 9th mile that is a suburd of Enugu will contribute to the IGR. Enugu is industrialized, emene has more industries than most cities. So don't be surprised with the figure.

8 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by FKO81(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
DaBullIT:
i wan comment
shocked shocked shocked waiting they push u?
Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inme: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
North is dragging this country down. How did we even come to be in the same country with those people?

28 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by pazienza(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
inlandtaipan:
The truth is that Enugu as a city is more industrialized than all cities in southeast except aba. Go to emene industrial layout and see for yourself, even 9th mile that is a suburd of Enugu will contribute to the IGR. Enugu is industrialized, emene has more industries than most cities. So don't be surprised with the figure.

Bro, pack one side. Enugu is the most Beautiful city in the SE, but when it comes to industrialization, it's a Two horse race between Aba and Onitsha.

Look at Ebonyi that has a higher GDP than Anambra, does it now mean that Abakaliki is more industrialized than Nnewi and Onitsha?

20 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by FKO81(m): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
inlandtaipan post=39351931[s:
]The truth is that Enugu as a city is more industrialized than all cities in southeast except aba. Go to emene industrial layout and see for yourself, even 9th mile that is a suburd of Enugu will contribute to the IGR. Enugu is industrialized, emene has more industries than most cities. So don't be surprised with the figure.[/s]
I beg to differ, only industries in Nnewi covers Enugu, I believe international airport gave Enugu gap, Ebonyi has more solid minerals than other southeast states

10 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by pazienza(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Descartes:

Remember that Enugu has international airport which lead to a significant increase in its IGR.

Even the Nigeria breweries has a very big structure in Enugu.

Add that to the fact that Enugu is the centre of excellence in the SE, most Igbos have one or two landed investments in Enugu, and most of our big shots live in Enugu too.

6 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by kettykin: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
pazienza:
NW= 51.4Billion
NE= 24.4Billion
NC= 45.1Billion

Just 5 states in the south east generates more revenue than some regions with states that takes almost the entire allocations of the South-East

SE with their array of Stars, manpower and skills ought to have gone beyond this, just one software company or phone manufacturer like techno makes mores revenue than this, when you add banks and Nollywood then it should be way beyond this.

SE needs to encourage new investment by its indigenes to set up businesses like Ibeto and innosson is doing in the east.

11 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by IGBOSON1: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Descartes:

^^^But so does Kano!

In fact their own international flights are much more than the ones for AIIA which is limited to just Ethiopian Airways!

7 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
FKO81:
I beg to differ, only industries at Nnewi covers Enugu, I believe international airport gave Enugu gap, Ebonyi have more solid minerals than other southeast states
I'm not from either enugu/anambra but I have been to nnewi and enugu severally.enugu is an organized city with a well difined industrial settlement. You will see standard factories like alo aluminium, juhel pharma, golden penny, 7up, cocacola, Nigeria breweries etc can't really remember more now.

Do you know how many car companies have their offices/depot in enugu? Pegeout, Toyota, kia, Nissan etc ( are all these in nnewi?).

How many companies are even in nnewi aside those two you will see when coming from ozubulu and innoson motors?

I'm only being realistic here, go to emene industrial layout, you will see lots of industries.
Enugu is a top industrial destination, enugu is a silent insutrial city ( by Nigeria standard).

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by pazienza(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Please OP, add "sauce" to this your thread, so that we can enjoy this meal.

3 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
pazienza:

Bro, pack one side. Enugu is the most Beautiful city in the SE, but when it comes to industrialization, it's a Two horse race between Aba and Onitsha.

Look at Ebonyi that has a higher GDP than Anambra, does it now mean that Abakaliki is more industrialized than Nnewi and Onitsha?

Onitsha is more of commerce, most of the industries in Onitsha are located in 33industrial estate, which is not too much.

1 Like

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by CyberWolf: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Despite the kind of mining activities going on in my state Ebonyi, we can only boast of paltry N11B I'm highly disappointed. Dave Umahi should as a matter of urgency start building tiles production factory, we can't be wasting those precious solid minerals for peanuts angry

19 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by hinohsend: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Descartes:
Imagine Ogunquit state IGR yet the grammar-speaking governor has no tangible thing that will be pinpointed to his credit cheesy

Joke of the century!.I guess you don't stay in ogun.

4 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by Descartes: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
pazienza:
NW= 51.4Billion
NE= 24.4Billion
NC= 45.1Billion

Can anybody get me a link to Nigeria revenue allocation to states in 2014.

Lets find out who the real parasites are. Those who take more than they contribute. grin

Btw, Imo is lagging behind in SE, it's high time imolites do the needful and send Rochas parking from that state.

Are you an importer dealing on otapiapia that you want a boom in your business with the exposed data you released above to the brown roof Republicans? cheesy
A lot will commit suicide tonight

14 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by FKO81(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
inlandtaipan:
I'm not from either enugu/anambra but I have been to nnewi and enugu severally.enugu is an organized city with a well difined industrial settlement. You will see standard factories like alo aluminium, juhel pharma, golden penny, 7up, cocacola, Nigeria breweries etc can't really remember more now.

Do you know how many car companies have their offices/depot in enugu? Pegeout, Toyota, kia, Nissan etc ( are all these in nnewi?).

How many companies are even in nnewi aside those two you will see when coming from ozubulu and innoson motors?

I'm only being realistic here, go to emene industrial layout, you will see lots of industries.
Enugu is a top industrial destination, enugu is a silent insutrial city ( by Nigeria standard).
I don't want to argue wif you whether Enugu or Anambra Igbo bu Igbo, Anambra is my state Enugu is my second home Udo!

18 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by pazienza(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
kettykin:

Just 5 states in the south east generates more revenue than some regions with states that takes almost the entire allocations of the South-East

SE with their array of Stars, manpower and skills ought to have gone beyond this, just one software company or phone manufacturer like techno makes mores revenue than this, when you add banks and Nollywood then it should be way beyond this.

SE needs to encourage new investment by its indigenes to set up businesses like Ibeto and innosson is doing in the east.

Economic power without political power is like building castles in the air.

One political anti Igbo policy by those who control the power,with tacit support of the envious rest of the country, and we are back to square one.

Look at what happened to Savannah bank, look at the ordeal Ibeto suffered at the hands of OBJ and his gang.

Ibeto and Innoson had recently grown in leaps and bounds, under GEJ neutral economic policies, but how long is that going to last.

19 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by asha80(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
Despite the kind of mining activities going on in my state Ebonyi, we can only boast of paltry N11B I'm highly disappointed. Dave Umahi should as a matter of urgency start building tiles production factory, we can't be wasting those precious solid minerals for peanuts angry
govt does not build industries

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Remove the seaport tax from Igbo importation in Lagos and Lagos will be as good as Oyo state. The airport in lagos also help.

14 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by Descartes: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
hinohsend:

Joke of the century!.I guess you don't stay in ogun.
Do you have empirical evidence?

2 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
FKO81:

I don't want to argue wif you whether Enugu or Anambra Igbo bu Igbo, Anambra is my state Enugu is my second home Udo!
i didn't want to argue too, I just wanted to point out some reasons behind the higher IGR of enugu.

4 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by FKO81(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
inlandtaipan:
[s]Onitsha is more of commerce, most of the industries in Onitsha are located in 33industrial estate, which is not too much.[/s]
Please just stop grin. You know nofin

3 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by CyberWolf: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
asha80:
govt does not build industries
Is it a crime if a State decides to setup a factory?
Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by pazienza(m): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
CyberWolf:

You see! That's the Igbo spirit. Always aiming for the best. No resting on laurels.
Our drive for success is insatiable, and that's exactly what drives our detractors who can't keep up with us mad.

Ebonyi is already ahead of Anambra in the IGR race, yet this Ebonyian is not satisfied. He wants more, and rightly so.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by hinohsend: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Descartes:

Are you an importer dealing on otapiapia that you want a boom in your business with the exposed data your released above to the brown roof Republicans? cheesy
S lot will commit suicide tonight

There is nothing hurtful in what he said,besides he compared southwest-minus lagos- and yet the diff was less than 5bn.Anyways lets wait for this years stats.

1 Like

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by inlandtaipan: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
FKO81:

Please just stop grin. You know nofin
ok ooo. Meanwhile, I have not seen superstar1 comment, I saw him viewing earlier.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by Yanks101: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Borno is bigger than most european countries, but has a paltry IGR of 2.7b.
Damn. What a waste.

9 Likes

Re: States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. by freez2ryme(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Descartes:

Just as it doesn't hv an international Market like Main market

Just imagine that COAL mining is effectively harnessed!

What do u think will become ENUGU IGR?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Ganduje, Oshiomhole Meet Shekarau (More Photos) / Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.