Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication (26219 Views)

How To Cure Insomnia Without Drugs / Is There Any Way To Cure Insomnia / I Need Your Opinion On How To Cure Insomnia.. Please Don't Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by niceface(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Quite informative, for other gist, visit:
http://michaelsundaym..com
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
You give grammatical blunders when u don't have shoes to go school like Ex president!

No mind me, na same thing do me! I had no shoes cry

gradeA:

why is he always on top now.
You can still enjoy reverse cowgirl and doggy style too. angry
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
read your bible at Night.

na that one sure passs
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by chibuzor05(m): 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
kannymoore:
Hmmm...
All this one na long story...

For guys suffering from insomnia...

[size=20pt]JUST self-service AND CUM!!!![/size]

You'll sleep like a baby!!!

OPARIIiii!!!!

Quote me anywhiarrrrr!!!!!! grin grin grin

Masturbation leads to weakness and weakness eventually leads to sleep. But that is not a better alternative health-wise. I guess they have been various posts talking about the negative effects of masturbation.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Caracta(f): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Adexsimply!
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by neocortex: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Sorry..! Na above! When I told one OP that I didn't go to school because I had no shoes like bros Jonathan, he thought I was joking!

Now I've commited another blunder cry

What is wrong with you ?
Why are you insulting our ex-president ?

BTW, Pictures of you without shoes and I will get you a new pair.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Fundango: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
buzquet:
If u dey drink origin wella, u won't know what is insomia
grin
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Did Ex president showed you picture of him without shoes? Yet you believed him!

Hypocrites! undecided

neocortex:

What is wrong with you ?
Why are you insulting our ex-president ?

Pictures of you without shoes and I will get you a new pair.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by neocortex: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Did Ex president showed you picture of him without shoes? Yet you believed him!

Hypocrites! undecided

Circumstantial evidence supported his claim
because many of those schooling around that
period goes to school without shoes.

What evidence do you have to back your claim ?
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeew! undecided

neocortex:

Circumstantial evidence supported his claim
because many of those schooling around that
period goes to school without shoes.

What evidence do you have to back your claim ?
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by neocortex: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Mtcheeeeeeew! undecided

Common, present your evidence and win a brand new pair of shoes.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Did Jona showed you his? Pls free me o jare!

undecided

uote author=neocortex post=39352274]

Common, present your evidence and win a brand new pair of shoes.[/quote]
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by neocortex: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Did Jona showed you his? Pls free me o jare!

undecided

uote author=neocortex post=39352274]

Common, present your evidence and win a brand new pair of shoes.

I can see that you are beating about the bush.

BTW, Are you a pastor
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
grin cheesy

You re kidding right? For such question!

neocortex:

I can see that you are beating about the bush.

BTW, Are you a pastor
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by spencekat(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
buzquet:
If u dey drink origin wella, u won't know what is insomia
grin
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by neocortex: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
grin cheesy

You re kidding right? For such question!

Naah!
I just discovered that you preached in many of your posts.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Songitto(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
noted , N0 11
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by isacolukay(m): 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Sorry..! Na above! When I told one OP that I didn't go to school because I had no shoes like bros Jonathan, he thought I was joking!

Now I've commited another blunder cry

U no go school and u no speak mama peace English. Why Na?
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by adexsimply(m): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Caracta:
Adexsimply!
I'm not insomniac undecided
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
DOs, Donts, DOs, Donts

It is our habits that keep us awake. Because we see not sleeping for a few nights as the worst thing in the world.

Then we spend our everyday time and energy trying to find solution to Insomnia which does not work in the long run and then we seek out more solutions which work for a while and then do not work and the cycle goes on. Non of these 15 ways are long lasting. Over time, they loose their effects and make you anxious for better solutions.

This habit keeps us in a viscous cycle. It Keeps us further away from sleep.

The best is to DO NOTHING. Yeah it sounds crazy. But in the past when you did not have insomnia did you do anything special to sleep? No, you did not. And then it started and suddenly you can not sleep. Go back to the way it was before your insomnia. You have to unlearn the habits of doing a lot of things just to sleep. And relearn how to do nothing so that natural sleep will emerge.

Do nothing. Feel free to ask if you are interested.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by horlakunle25(m): 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
slim19:
Just few bottles of sappiro are you're good to go undecided
nice1#team yoyo sappiro# I hail ooooo!!
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
No vex! Mama peace learnt her own at Sabisa!

I got mine from Kenya!

isacolukay:

U no go school and u no speak mama peace English. Why Na?
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you are a dude get a hot chic and get laid.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by bummyla(m): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thank You Very Much! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by GENIAL37: 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
Meet Nigerian sugar mummy looking for sexy guys
Click here to contact ===> www.wmb9.wapka.mobi

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by GENIAL37: 12:06am On Oct 26, 2015
Watch hot naija videos here >>> @ www.wmb9.wapka.mobi

Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by karleone(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
chibuzor05:
This post is just an extract, you can read further from the source to know what insomnia is all about:

1. Changing habits that disrupts sleep: Often, changing daytime habits and bedtime routines that contribute to sleeplessness is enough to overcome insomnia altogether. Adopting new day time habits are so helpful. So many habits are the possible cause of insomnia but we likely overlook and give them less consideration. Some of the habits include late-night TV watching and internet surfing.

2. Exercise: Nothing aids sleep at night like a good workout during the day. You don’t have to join a gym or spend hours on a treadmill to reap the benefits, though. Try taking a dance or yoga class with a friend, playing activity-based video games with your kids, watching your favourite TV show while on a stationary bike, or enjoying outdoor activities such as golf, playing football, or even yard work. Aim for 30 minutes or more of activity on most days or three 10 minute sessions if that is more convenient, but ensure is not too close to bedtime.

3. Avoid naps: Napping during the day can make it more difficult to sleep at night. If you feel like you have to take a nap, limit it to 30 minutes before 3 p.m.
4. Limit caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine: Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed. While alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep, and nicotine is a stimulant.

5. Avoid late meals: Try to avoid heavy, rich foods within two hours of bed. Fatty foods can take a lot of work for your stomach to digest and spicy or acidic foods can cause heartburn

6. Stick to a regular sleep schedule: Support your biological clock by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, including weekends, even if you are tired.

7. Avoid a long commute that cuts into your sleep time: The more time you spend travelling home in daylight, the more awake you will become and the harder you will find it is to get to sleep.

8. Eliminate noise and light from your bedroom during the day: Use blackout curtains or a sleep mask, turn off the phone, and use ear plugs or a soothing sound machine to block out daytime noise. Developing new bedtime routines to help you sleep It is not just what you do during the day that affects the quality of your sleep, but also those things you do to prepare your mind and body for sleep. Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, and cool. Noise, light, and heat can interfere with sleep. Try using a sound machine or earplugs to hide outside noise, an open window or fan to keep the room cool, and blackout curtains or a sleep mask to block out light.

9. Avoid stimulating activity and stressful situations before bedtime: This includes vigorous exercise, big discussions or arguments, or catching up on work. Instead, focus on quiet, soothing activities, such as reading, knitting, or listening to soft music, while keeping lights low.

10. Turn off screens one hour before bedtime: The light emitted from TV, tablets, smart phones, and computers suppresses your body’s production of melatonin and can severely disrupt your sleep. Instead of emailing, texting, watching TV, or playing video games, try listening to a book on tape, a podcast, or reading by a soft light. If you want to read an eBook before bed, use an eReader that is not backlit, i.e. one that requires an additional light source.

11. Use your bedroom only for sleeping: Don not work, watch TV, or use your computer or smart phone in bed. The goal is to associate the bedroom with sleep, so that when you get in bed your brain and body get a strong signal that it’s time to nod off.

12. Move bedroom clocks out of view: Anxiously watching the minutes tick by when you cannot sleep is a sure-fire recipe for insomnia. You can use an alarm, but make sure you cannot see the time when you are in bed.
13. Relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, and progressive muscle relaxation not only help quiet your mind and relieve body tension, but also help you fall asleep faster and get back to sleep more quickly if you wake up in the night. And all without the side effects of sleep medication.

14. Overcoming stress: Residual stress, worry, and anger from your day can make it difficult to fall asleep as night. Get out of bed when you cannot fall sleep. Do not try to force yourself to sleep. Tossing and turning only amps up the anxiety. Leave the bedroom and do something relaxing, such as reading, drinking a cup of herbal tea, taking a bath, or listening to soothing music. When you are sleepy, go back to bed. Talk over your worries during the day with a friend or loved one . Talking face to face with someone who cares about you is a great way to relieve stress and anxiety and stop you rehashing worries when it is time to sleep. The person does not need to be able to fix your problems, but just needs to be a good listener, someone who makes you feel heard and will listen without judging, criticizing, or continually being distracted. Get help with stress management . If the stress of managing work, family, or school is keeping you awake at night, learning how to handle stress in a productive way and to maintain a calm, positive outlook can help you sleep better at night.

15. Overcoming anxiety about your insomnia: The more trouble you have with sleep, the more it starts to invade your thoughts. You may dread going to sleep because you are going to toss and turn for hours or be up at 2 a.m. again. Or maybe you are worried because you have a big day tomorrow, and if you don’t get a solid eight hours, you are sure to blow it. But agonizing about sleep only makes insomnia worse; worrying floods your body with adrenaline, and before you know it, you are wide- awake. Instead, try challenging your negative thoughts about your insomnia and replacing them with more realistic ones.

Source: http://enhancedfact..com.ng/2015/10/15-ways-to-cure-insomnia-without.html
There's only but one way to fight insomnia, #pick up your Rosary. The devil dreads the recitation of the Rosary, 'cos it reminds him of that which he lost through pride; and in doing so, he tends to disrupt every act of devotion given to the Mother of God.

My $1 advice...
Say your rosary everyday, it's a Priceless treasure inspired by God.
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by Gigihealth: 12:46am On Jun 27, 2016
What is insomnia? There are some confusing definitions about insomnia that you might be aware of, but insomnia are of different types. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/what-is-insomnia-how-can-i-cure-insomnia/
Re: 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication by jbblues24(m): 1:49am On Jun 02, 2019
Such excellent. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

50 Almajirai Infected With COVID-19 In Kaduna / How To Keep A Spotless And Clean Face / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.