Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians (33409 Views)

Germany To Deport 30,000 Nigerians – Abike Dabiri / Germany Set To Deport Over 30,000 Nigerians / Iceland Set To Deport Nigerian Couple, Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
cyrielo:
There are over 2 million legal nigerians in the uk who are registered by association of Nigerians in the UK then think about the unregistered ones and illegal ones
Liar! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Avalon316:
Finally, that jobless sirshymmex will be deported.

grin grin
Please, leave my hardworking brother out of this.

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Some of the deportees went there on a visit but remained there after their visa had expired.Some don't even have valid documents.I don't really blame the u.k.

5 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
youngalex:
That's too bad,i observed the lackadaisical attitude of Nigerian Embassies/high commission, they hardly protect our people there,before any deportation there should be diplomatic discussions as to the criteria and reasons for deporting them not making Nigerians look like "parasitic migrants"
They should protect illegality.Is that what you mean?
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Ojady(m): 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
This conservative government led by Cameron is to a great extent racial discriminating. Since their entry to government, majority of their policies has been anti non-EU migrant. It was this coalition government that scrapped the Highly skilled migrant programme, scrapped the post study work programme; imposed near ridiculous conditions to joining or being joined by one's family in the UK, hiked international students fees, allowed schools to charge well over 200percent from international students and other draconian policies.
The truth is, there is a hidden agenda, a fact they want to hide. For instance, anyone who has ever lived in the UK, either as a student, immigrant, visitor etc knows that living there on a job of 40hours a week is near impossible. You either work 2 jobs or you work overtime on your one job. I personally know Nigerians who do 16 hours of work every day, that equals 80hours a week. These people get taxed massively. A number of them are not on any benefits, they are law abiding, they try to even claim tax credits on the hard work they do, but the systemic discrimination disallows them from following through. The arrogant UK government, tax you for free medical care, something you dont even use up to 10percent annually, cos you are rarely iill; they deduct pensions and you cant even transfer it to your home country until 65 or retired. That doesnt matter cos you would have been so harassed with deportation, their allowing you to stay would be enough. I dont know about other countries but what i do know is the UK employs discriminatory behaviour to cover up the truely significant contribution of not only Nigerians but Africans to their shitty country.

2 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by justwise(m): 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ojady:
This conservative government led by Cameron is to a great extent racial discriminating. Since their entry to government, majority of their policies has been anti non-EU migrant. It was this coalition government that scrapped the Highly skilled migrant programme, scrapped the post study work programme; imposed near ridiculous conditions to joining or being joined by one's family in the UK, hiked international students fees, allowed schools to charge well over 200percent from international students and other draconian policies.
The truth is, there is a hidden agenda, a fact they want to hide. For instance, anyone who has ever lived in the UK, either as a student, immigrant, visitor etc knows that living there on a job of 40hours a week is near impossible. You either work 2 jobs or you work overtime on your one job. I personally know Nigerians who do 16 hours of work every day, that equals 80hours a week. These people get taxed massively. A number of them are not on any benefits, they are law abiding, they try to even claim tax credits on the hard work they do , but the systemic discrimination disallows them from following through. The arrogant UK government, tax you for free medical care , something you dont even use up to 10percent annually, cos you are rarely iill; they deduct pensions and you cant even transfer it to your home country until 65 or retired. That doesnt matter cos you would have been so harassed with deportation, their allowing you to stay would be enough. I dont know about other countries but what i do know is the UK employs discriminatory behaviour to cover up the truely significant contribution of not only Nigerians but Africans to their shitty country.

I don't you know what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2015
justwise:

I don't you know what you are talking about.

Boss, you no de sleep ni?

Meanwhile, why de mod ban me, but I still de coment?
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by slam7000(m): 12:12am On Oct 26, 2015
justwise:

No it was because of your tribal comment in that hidden post.

Ok sir, I'm not a bigot though, just a concerned Nigerian who is concerned about our uncles, aunties and grannies n grand dads in the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by ttmacoy: 12:15am On Oct 26, 2015
What has deporting illegal immigrants have to do with treating Nigerians well?

acunon:
I so much hate this Uk of a country, they dnt even treat we Nigerians well.

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Babs612000(m): 12:36am On Oct 26, 2015
cyrielo:
There are over 2 million legal nigerians in the uk who are registered by association of Nigerians in the UK then think about the unregistered ones and illegal ones
Who register them and where is the office of the association in Uk?
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by joyli: 12:37am On Oct 26, 2015
God bless America.... cool cool team America where are you?

2 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by ttmacoy: 12:45am On Oct 26, 2015
The UK will not and can not deport legal immigrants. The deportation policy is for illegal immigrants. And it is not targeted at Nigerians alone but all illegal immigrants even those from non EU European countries.
Even if you are American and illegal in the UK you will face deportation so let's stop acting like it's a witch hunt against Nigeria.

victorazy:

They are not there illegally that am sure.

4 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Cityguy: 1:16am On Oct 26, 2015
Well, all you babes wey dey trip for oversea guys, no worry, more than enough dey come. But seriously now, they should ensure those radicalised ones are not returned oo. We can't afford to have many of those Abdulmutalab and what is that one that decapitated one officer called? We say 'NO' to such. They should send such to Syria, Iraq etc where they will be more of use.

2 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Funjosh(m): 2:34am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by tpiah11: 2:35am On Oct 26, 2015
Well, the govt should prepare for them if true.

Is there no money?

Then negotiate how they can stay in the UK.
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 26, 2015
joyli:
God bless America.... cool cool team America where are you?

We dey here just dey look jejeli cry
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 26, 2015
Cityguy:
Well, all you babes wey dey trip for oversea guys, no worry, more than enough dey come. But seriously now, they should ensure those radicalised ones are not returned oo. We can't afford to have many of those Abdulmutalab and what is that one that decapitated one officer called? We say 'NO' to such. They should send such to Syria, Iraq etc where they will be more of use.

If they're Nigerians, then why would Syria, Iraq be their destination?

You don't get to dictate where fellow Nigerians should be sent to.
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by pansophist(m): 3:07am On Oct 26, 2015
FrankAba1:

Justwise, I know you have been a major contributor in the travel section for like ages!

Any idea, why the English law and by extension British law doesn't recognize "Nigeria" as an English speaking country?

Who is deceiving Who here?

Why do you need their recognition ? Do they care if you recognize them as an English speaking nation?

Conversely, Nigeria is not an English speaking country as a whole even if one of its official language in English. More than half the Nigerian population can't communicate in English fluently

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:58am On Oct 26, 2015
Demmocrats:
cheesy

Keep deceiving yourself thinking that UK is Lagos.
By the time Nigeria split, the biafran will know Lagos is Yoruba man's land, Chiefokonkwo mobuch should quote me anywhere
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by tpiah11: 4:22am On Oct 26, 2015
pansophist:

Conversely, Nigeria is not an English speaking country as a whole even if one of its official language in English. More than half the Nigerian population can't communicate in English fluently

probably higher.
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by coolvitus(m): 6:09am On Oct 26, 2015
good news
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by adaxxy: 6:23am On Oct 26, 2015
They don't even respect usafrican descent and what about those migrated from their negbouring countries undecided
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Btruth: 6:37am On Oct 26, 2015
Deporting 29,000 immigrants back to Nigeria will cost close to, if not above £30m. David Cameron will have it tough getting approval for wasting tax payers money on programme like that. Besides, the conservative party has no good business plan for the country, and I'm not surprised that they concentrate all their efforts frustrating the foreigners. I remember the time of Labour under Tony Blair, the UK economy was so buoyant that as a student or even on a visiting visa, you still got to pick some work to do. But, look at it today, where or what position is UK among the countries of Europe? I think their government should concentrate on revamping the economy than chasing the immigrant.

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by adaxxy: 6:39am On Oct 26, 2015
Where's MrcCork hope you are getting your luggage packed and getting ready to come home to your father's land kiss

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by VickyRotex(f): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2015
IYANGBALI:
vickyrotex uncle is coming back home so soon. Owo jona,owo wo igbo. grin

cheesy Yeyenatu!!?! angry

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by adaxxy: 6:43am On Oct 26, 2015
Btruth:
Deporting 29,000 immigrants back to Nigeria will cost close to, if not above £30m. David Cameron will have it tough getting approval for wasting tax payers money on programme like that. Besides, the conservative party has no good business plan for the country, and I'm not surprised that they concentrate all their efforts frustrating the foreigners. I remember the time of Labour under Tony Blair, the UK economy was so buoyant that as a student or even on a visiting visa, you still got to pick some work to do. But, look at it today, where or what position is UK among the countries of Europe? I think their government should concentrate on revamping the economy than chasing the immigrant.
you're so correct Tony Blair's time was the best ever.

1 Like

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by adaxxy: 6:46am On Oct 26, 2015
adaxxy:
you're so correct Tony Blair's time was the best ever.
I like your write ups you're so so on point kiss
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by geek(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2015
Btruth:
I remember the time of Labour under Tony Blair, the UK economy was so buoyant that as a student or even on a visiting visa, you still got to pick some work to do.

Im no supporter of David Cameron but stick to the facts please. The economy during the Blair government was booming - as it was around the world - based on a credit. We know what happened when that finally collapsed.

Btruth:
But, look at it today, where or what position is UK among the countries of Europe?

The UK is today the second largest economy in Europe, recently overtaking France. The UK is the fastest growing economy in Europe, growing on an annual basis at a rate higher than Germany.

Stick to facts rather than emotion pls.

2 Likes

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by Btruth: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2015
geek:

Im no supporter of David Cameron but stick to the facts please. The economy during the Blair government was booming - as it was around the world - based on a credit economy. We know what happened when that finally collapsed.

Continue mourning then. What I know is that conservative is never a friend of a foreigner. And, they need to change their attitude on this..... and, why are they always picking on Nigerians? Conservative doesn't like black people, especially Nigerian, they only like our resources and all the money stolen here that are kept or invest in their economy.

The UK is today the second largest economy in Europe, recently overtaking France. The UK is the fastest growing economy in Europe, growing on an annual basis at a rate higher than Germany.

Stick to facts rather than emotion pls.

Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by justi4jesu(f): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2015
victorazy:
If they deport any of my family member I go burn thir embassy here

grin grin grin
Re: UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians by justi4jesu(f): 7:40am On Oct 26, 2015
If they deport 29,000 Nigerians, how many will remain. They are not serious undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

1,000 Vehicles Trapped In Kaduna As Youths Barricade Road - Photos / Welcome To Akure (Pictures) / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.