Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Unbiased Umpire. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unbiased Umpire. (931 Views)

Inec Is No Longer Umpire / Buhari: The Unbiased Report: What We Expected,(what We Got Report By Idu Paul) / The Unbiased Umpire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unbiased Umpire. by GoldenJAT(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2015
Having been an ardent follower of the recent political happenings in the country and in rivers state in particular. I deem it fit to bring to the public what I feel is an
abnormality taking place in our political tribunals.
Let the following be taking in to consideration, for those that find it very difficult to be unbiased and reason with just 1 percent of their mendula oblongata.
1. I FULLY SUPPORTED APC IN THE LAST GENERAL ELECTION.
2. I WANT A BETTER NIGERIA.
3 . LET EVERY COMMENT BE AS UNBIASED AS POSSIBLE.(SPEAK THE TRUTH AND SHAME THE DEVIL)
And now back to the reason why this thread, was created. We all are aware that the election that took place in rivers state was annulled and rerun called for. I find it salient that questions should be asked where and whenever necessary. A comment I saw on here, prompted this writing.
The presidential and national assembly election took place same date and time. And same also applied to the governorship and house of assembly election. I now need answers to some questions that will be asked below.
1.why is the house of assembly election not annulled and a rerun called for? Since it's same election that brought the governor in.
2 . I was a presiding officer in the last general election, and I'm quite aware that, in the course of the card reader malfunctioning, let manual accreditation be done.
3. The Justice ambrosa led tribunal based it's argument on the card reader, is it supposed to be so?
If the above questions could be answered truthfully and the appeal court stands on a neutral ground. THEN THERE IS BOUND TO BE A REVERSAL IN THE TRIBUNAL'S VERDICT.
Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by oloyedayo(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmmmm, you were a presiding officer and you said you were to use manual accreditation if card reader fail to work? Well according to the training I received, election is to be postponed if the card reader fail to work. The only situation where you can can continue is when the card reader is discovering card but not picking finger print. In such situation manual accreditation is to be applied.
Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by GoldenJAT(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2015
oloyedayo:
Hmmmm, you were a presiding officer and you said you were to use manual accreditation if card reader fail to work? Well according to the training I received, election is to be postponed if the card reader fail to work. The only situation where you can can continue is when the card reader is discovering card but not picking finger print. In such situation manual accreditation is to be applied.
exactly what I'm saying. The card reader discovered the card, but failed to read the card. This happened in almost all the states in the federation. So why rivers state own dey take another turn?
Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by oloyedayo(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2015
I was APO1 during last election, so, I know about the card reader too. Meanwhile I have more interest in PDP so I will always prefer wike to win but saying the truth, news that we heard on the election day was of a tense election in river state. My expectation from onset is that a rerun will be order in river and that PDP will win again.
Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by oloyedayo(m): 8:31am On Oct 26, 2015
GoldenJAT:
exactly what I'm saying. The card reader discovered the card, but failed to read the card. This happened in almost all the states in the federation. So why rivers state own dey take another turn?
If the card reader discovered the cards it will pick the card as being for the polling unit and request for finger. The machine will have full accreditation and partial accreditation, both partial and fully accredited voters will vote. so far the card reader read their card.
Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by Dannyset(m): 8:37am On Oct 26, 2015
So you now think with your Medulla Oblongata? I really see and appreciate your struggle.
Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:19am On Oct 26, 2015
If a candidate of the opposition during the house of rep's elction feels aggrieved, he shld seek redress with the tribunal.

Peterside took his case to the tribunal and an evidence was in his favour..

That is no witch hunting. If nobody seeks justice, then there was no crime

1 Like

Re: The Unbiased Umpire. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:20am On Oct 26, 2015
GoldenJAT:
pls, where else in the whole of the federation did ALL the card readers suddenly refused to work?

Obviously, the climate of Rivers is hostile to ALL card readers. Iniit?

(1) (Reply)

13 Facts You Need To Know About The New Female Governor Of Taraba State / Nnamdi Kanu On Wikipedia / Vice President’s Mother Hosts Christmas Party At Her Residence In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.