Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

My Puppy Has Only One Testicle - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Puppy Has Only One Testicle (1338 Views)

This Female Boerbeol Puppy Has A Giant Mighty Head And Paws...4sale / Please Help..! My Puppy Has An Injury On Her Leg..! / Help, My Puppy Has Swollen Neck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by vinacy: 8:36am On Oct 26, 2015
Please anyone with good info and experience on this issue should please advise me on this subject.

I have a 5 months old Caucasian pup and few days ago, while playing with him, I realized he only has one testicle.

My concern now is that are there any health issues that could arise as a result of this abnormally? Can he still mate when he's fully grown? Or should I just castrate him?

Cc seun podeegee barcaboi
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by tmxme(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2015
It is better you castrate it o,before you realize that your puppy is an okobo
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by 2dillu2(m): 8:45am On Oct 26, 2015
Relax op nothing is wrong with it

2 Likes

Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by McCarlito(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2015
OP: Babe chilax nothing is wrong with the dog jor.....

In other news; OP: Na wetin carry woman go touch dog for brockus
Whenever a lady starts touching the scrotum of a male (man or animal); It can be said "SHE'S EITHER AFTER SOMETHING OR SOMETHING IS AFTER HER angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by vinacy: 9:02am On Oct 26, 2015
2dillu2:
Relax op nothing is wrong with it

Thanks for your response. Have you had a dog in the past with similar issue? Was the dog able to breed properly? I read some article online that suggested that dogs with only one testicle should not be allowed to cross with females.
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by vinacy: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2015
McCarlito:
OP: Babe chilax nothing is wrong with the dog jor.....

In other news; OP: Na wetin carry woman go touch dog for brockus
Whenever a lady starts touching the scrotum of a male (man or animal); It can be said "SHE'S EITHER AFTER SOMETHING OR SOMETHING IS AFTER HER angry angry angry angry angry

Lol grin
Nairalanders, una no go kill person cool
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by naijainfogalery: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2015
its actually 2 but the issue is the second one has not descend, just chill a little, its stuck somewhere in between the abdomen, if the second one doesnt descend , then you might have to consider it castrated, how old is the dog this will enable us give you answer.

Normally it should drop between 6 to 8 months but you can wait till 12 months and if it doesnt then wahala dey

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by barcaboi(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2015
vinacy:
Please anyone with good info and experience on this issue should please advise me on this subject.

I have a 5 months old Caucasian pup and few days ago, while playing with him, I realized he only has one testicle.

My concern now is that are there any health issues that could arise as a result of this abnormally? Can he still mate when he's fully grown? Or should I just castrate him?

Cc seun podeegee barcaboi
don't castrate him....he'll turn out good
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by vinacy: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2015
naijainfogalery:
its actually 2 but the issue is the second one has not descend, just chill a little, its stuck somewhere in between the abdomen, if the second one doesnt descend , then you might have to consider it castrated, how old is the dog this will enable us give you answer.

Normally it should drop between 6 to 8 months but you can wait till 12 months and if it doesnt then wahala dey

My dog is 5months old
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 26, 2015
Vinacy,
That situation is called unilaterral cryptorchid, the testicles develops in the abdomen and travels down to the scrotum, in situations like this, the best bet is to wait till about a year, and if it does not show up castrate him because the stuck testicle still in the abdomen is bound to cause cancerous tissue, (cancer) besides, it will be bad for breeding.

Hope my answer helped

1 Like

Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by naijainfogalery: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2015
Its still too early to judge
Just chill, the other one should descend soon

vinacy:

My dog is 5months old
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by vinacy: 10:39am On Oct 26, 2015
CoolSmithz:
Vinacy,
That situation is called unilaterral cryptorchid, the testicles develops in the abdomen and travels down to the scrotum, in situations like this, the best bet is to wait till about a year, and if it does not show up castrate him because the stuck testicle still in the abdomen is bound to cause cancerous tissue, (cancer) besides, it will be bad for breeding.

Hope my answer helped

Thanks it helped
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by vinacy: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Its still too early to judge
Just chill, the other one should descend soon

OK will do. I'll keep you posted
Re: My Puppy Has Only One Testicle by barcaboi(m): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
vinacy:

Thanks it helped
you can also google on it and know more...

(1) (Reply)

Life & Time Of Maximus The Boerboel / Lovable German Shepherd Pup For Sale / The Headless Chicken(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.