Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists (28777 Views)

Igbos We Know, IPOB We Don't / Just Like The Igbos: We Want Referendum Too, Yoruba Groups Declares / Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by glacswhite: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
Out OF 100% in this Argument
Yoruba 60%
Igbos. 20%
South 15%
North. 5%

I thought this supposed to be b/w East and South

I mean Igbos and their Brothers

The Minorities in Nigeria seems to be the Yoruba because they can't imagine what Life will be like when South and East forms Biafra

North can survive with Agric

But Yoruba may survive with ?? Wow I can't see a single thing oooh ...I didn't tell their men to Over-Bleep themselves that they have no strength again to work....

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by ocelot2006(m): 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

That you guys should not use your parochial and selfish support for jonathan to annex Rivers State!

In fact it is a riot act from Barcanista to Ndigbo grin

Are you trying to stoke the flames of another tribal war? Be truthful about what you read. There are NO ultimatums, just a number of lines we dont want crossed by the SE seccessionist. Other than that barcanista is simply trying to reach out, hence the reconciliatory tone of his post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by laudate: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2015
ocelot2006:

Are you trying to stoke the flames of another tribal war? Be truthful about what you read. There are NO ultimatums, just a number of lines we dont want crossed by the SE secessionist. Other than that barcanista is simply trying to reach out, hence the reconciliatory tone of his post.

True!! sad
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by trapQ: 12:48am On Nov 30, 2015
Yes! the U.S.A is igboland, and China too.

compound fool. Your deluded slowpoke of a leader is rotting away in jail while you claim other people's lands.

igboland starts and ends in the SE, any attempt to steal a pinch of Nigerian soil will see a repeat of 1966.
Macelliot:
What was the name of the portion that belongs to the okirikans before the arrival of the colonial masters??

PH is Igwe-ocha.. The colonial masters renamed it to Port-harcourt...

Take it, or leave it!

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by backtosender: 1:32am On Nov 30, 2015
sweetedge:
realsammy: 8:56pm On Oct 26
Is not good enough to be emotional and sentimental abt issues like this, u should ve gone through ur history books very well and have ur facts right b4 putting up ur write up. my questions for u are?

1, who named Igweocha portharcourt?
2, Is portharcourt an Ikwerre or Okirika language?
3, how come SS and SE speak similar languages and bear similar names.
4, why do u ve umuigbo, now know as Rumuigbo in portharcourt?
5, why do we eat the same type of food?
6, why is SS and SE predominantly Christians?

The truth is that we SS and SE people came from the same source forget the sentiment abt oil and gas cos the whole of SS and SE region is filled with oil, Abia, Imo, Anambra, Even Enugu have oil. so say no to divide and rule...

@sammy you are a big liar, The Edo's Itsekiri, Urhobo and ISoko,is related to the Yorubas, you people only have olive oil, not crude oil stop deceiving yourself....Na by force to join UNA struggle, fight for yourself not other tribes...
the way you sound only Lord knows how many times u kneel down look at the sky close your eyes wish you are igbo...
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Macelliot(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2015
trapQ:
Yes! the U.S.A is igboland, and China too.

compound fool. Your deluded slowpoke of a leader is rotting away in jail while you claim other people's lands.

igboland starts and ends in the SE, any attempt to steal a pinch of Nigerian soil will see a repeat of 1966.
kid! Have you eaten?
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by nabzguy: 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
Macelliot:
What was the name of the portion that belongs to the okirikans before the arrival of the colonial masters??

PH is Igwe-ocha.. The colonial masters renamed it to Port-harcourt...

Take it, or leave it!
From park/ Silverbird clnema to Abuloma area, Borikiri, Zoo area,
Bundu area,
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by CrtlAltDel: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Allen102: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
Overtime there has been growing number of threads and comments by some Igbo loyalists and sympathisers of IPOB led Biafra ideology over the position of the South-South ethnic groups and in particular, Rivers state. Some have started seeing us as antagonists to the aspiration of the Igbo nation, while some others have moved towards casting aspersions on some of us.

Let me start by stating clearly that my determination to support every legitimate struggle and respect the right of self-determination by any group(s) is irreversible. However, I believe it will be proper to make some things clear with respect to IPOB led Biafran ideology.

1. Nobody in the Niger Delta and Rivers state is against Igbo
What we are saying is very simple. We respect your right to self-determine your destiny, you should also respect our right to self-determine ours. Don't determine for us even if you don't agree with us. If you believe that we have common destiny, state your terms and allow us state ours. Where there is no consensus, allow us determine our next step. If we believe in an indivisible Nigeria or a United Republic of some ethnic minorities within the region, it should be respected. Nobody should be villified for their own choice neither do we have the right to villify Igbos for wanting their land and territory out.

2. Show Respect For Our Territories:
I believe that it was Kanu that spread the fable that Portharcourt is an Igbo city, which some of you now call Igweocha. This is absolutely insulting on us the Okrikans/Ijaws especially. The city of Portharcourt is shared between the Okrikans and Ikwerres. The portion owned by Okrikans have been our fishing port for centuries. The record is there. Ikwerres are not fishermen, hence, a reflection of their settlement. The Okrikans are 100% Ijaws and 0% Igbos. Our portion of PHC is NOT Igweocha and has never been. I am not aware that the Ikwerres wish to call theirs Igweocha but in the event that they wish to, it is left for the Okrikans, Ikwerres and Rivers state government to rename the city altogether and we (Okrikans) shall determine an appropriate name for our portion of the city.

3. Show Respect For Our Land:
I have also been reading tales by sunset by some people saying that Opobo is Igboland. That is a grave insult to the Ijaws and is highly unacceptable. For the record, Opobo kingdom was formerly part of Bonny Kingdom, owned and inhabited by the Ijaws who are proud of their ancestry. The name of the Kingdom is Opoboama, and it was named after former Bonny King Opubo. The land and people pre-existed even before the coming of Jaja, an Igbo slave that was bought by Bonny chief Alali Opubo, Head of Opubo Annie Royal House. For the record, Jaja never found Opobo. He however led a section of Anna Pepple Wari(House) to break Opobo from Bonny Kingdom with the same territory and Ijaw people. The ijaw chiefs never made mistake in making Jaja their first king of the kingdom. The case of Jaja can be likened to Joseph that was an Hebrew slave but rose to become a Prime minister and Head of Government in Egypt. His ascension neither makes Egypt to be an Hebrew land neither does it make the Egyptians as Hebrews. All these are well documented. I have to state that the Ijaw nation is not in land dispute with anyone over any of our territory in the riverine areas of Rivers state. From Kalasunju, Kalaibiama, and Epellema etc are all Ijaw communities in Opobo kingdom. Similarly, Ndoki is undisputed Ijawland. In fact, Ndoki is nicknamed "kala-krike" that is mini Wakrike(Okrika). It is believed that they are descendants of Okrika kingdom. We are all Ijaws. I am stating this to educate those that may not be aware.

4. Respect For Our Brothers And Neighbours:
The people of Rivers state from Ogba, Ikwerre, Ogoni etcetera have suffered together, sacrificed a lot together and even disagreed on issues with each other at differnt times. If in their wisdom they deny being Igbos, Yoruba or Biafrans. It is their right and must be respected irrespective of whether they bear Uche, Yakubu or Folashade. The South South geopolitical zone though a political arrangement but has brought avenue for collective unity. The position of the Binis, Esans, Itsekiris, Ibibios, Urhobo, Anang etcetera should be respected. Their land, their decision and their people. No group or persons deserves to be insulted.

5. Stop Using Jonathan/PDP As Blackmail Tool:
God knows that we recognise and appreciate the support you guys gave to our brother Jonathan and his party, PDP. But, that shouldn't be a blackmail tool as expressed by some IPOB people. When it comes to ethnic/territorial issues, we have to drop the toga of partisanship and address issues from the position of our respective groups and maintain our own interest. It doesn't mean that we don't appreciate your support and sacrifice for GEJ/Wike/PDP. In fact, God sparing our lives we shall support an Igboman from South east for VP slot under PDP. Blackmailing us with the support given to Jonathan is unfair in every sense.

My dear Igbo cousins, we don't hate you. We are not your antagonists. We appreciate your support and solicit your continuous support for our people. We appreciate the sacrifice you have made for our sons and daughters. Personally, I have been a beneficiary of the benevolence of the Igbos and I appreciate it from the depth of my heart. Be rest assured of the love and support of all Niger-Deltans worldwide. This love and support is not just only for the Igbos, but to every Nigerian irrespective of ethnic affiliation that desires the progress of our people.

Our peaceful co-habitation, trusts and love can only be guaranteed when we make respect our watch word.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria.
How did i miss this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Tragedy!! APC Chieftain Shot Dead In Ekiti [Photo] / Lagos Taskforce Impound 150 Motorcycles On Mile 2-Ojo-Badagry Expressway / Abdullahi Bin-Abdul's Phone Stolen In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.