Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

An Email Sent To The NCC Today: Unauthorized Subscription/deductions - MTN - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Email Sent To The NCC Today: Unauthorized Subscription/deductions - MTN (535 Views)

Giraffe Headbutts And Sent A Film-maker Flying 16ft Through The Air ,killing Him / See The Email Sent To Nigeria's Athletes Asking Them To Pay For Their Tickets To / Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Email Sent To The NCC Today: Unauthorized Subscription/deductions - MTN by Unorthodox1: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2015

Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎26‎ ‎October‎ ‎2015 ‎13‎:‎56
To: consumerportal@ncc.gov.ng

Hello,

I would like to bring to your notice the rip-off currently being performed by major telecommunications companies in Nigeria. First we have to endure their poor data and call services at high costs, while being bombarded with unsolicited ads everyday, which sometimes may be up to 15-20 per day; now the next agenda on this disgraceful list is placing subscriptions never authorized by the user on users’ account, if they discover “excess” call credits on their account.

OnSaturday 24th of October, 2015 at around 18:00hrs, I recharged my MTN line with 250naira from my GTBank account and made few calls leaving about 174.24 naira balance. I checked my account balance on Sunday afternoon, the next day and noticed that 100naira has been deducted without any notification whatsoever as to why it was. I then called the customer care at about 13:08 and the lady that picked up said she would look up my account details, and later told me that she was unable to check my details, that I should call back later.

I made the second call at about 23:48 and the agent that picked up just blatantly told me that “ I was charged for MTN Callertunez” with a northern accent and I told him that I never made any such request but he just went ahead to conclude that if I had not, they would not have subscribed me to that feature. I was quite pissed and dropped the call. I made the last customer care call at around 23:58 and was told the same thing. She then went on to say how sorry she (and MTN) was bla bla, when I made further finding as to why I was charged twice. I was told N50 was for the registration while N50 was for the tune. I was so dumbfounded that I dropped the call and decided that I am not going to let it go as most Nigerians do. It is high time we challenged every kobo deducted illegally.

I would be very grateful if you could look into this as this mass rip-off is now becoming so unbearable. Imagine if 30% of all MTN subscribers shares this same experience.

Sent from Windows Mail

Please we need to create awareness and rise up against this rip-off by telecoms company. Let's bring this to the notice of everybody and hope that this administration find a way of putting these companies on leash.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Email Sent To The NCC Today: Unauthorized Subscription/deductions - MTN by Freeben: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Etisalat is bad, Glo is terrible, Mtn is worst. I angrily threw my mtn sim away few months ago. The most painful one is to receive calls only to discover it is one useless ad from the network providers. I had injured my self several times while running to go pick my call, thinking it is one important call sef. Mtcheeeeeew. The painful thing is they have no good enough reason as to why they rip people off.

1 Like

Re: An Email Sent To The NCC Today: Unauthorized Subscription/deductions - MTN by Unorthodox1: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
everything is just goin worse..... airtel deducted 10 naira from my 1k which was meant to be for data sub, which by the way, for every 1mb they deduct 2mb. Even banks are not left out..... I wonder where this country is headed

(1) (Reply)

Most Interesting Books Ever Read / See What Social Media Has Caused (hilarious Photo!!) / Benefits of Crete Tiles For Roofing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.