Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . (722 Views)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? / Nollywood Now Second Largest Movie Industry In The World / Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by OneNaija(m): 7:48pm On May 05, 2009
Nigeria's growing film and video production industry is garnering global attention as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, (UNESCO), on Tuesday declared Nollywood as the world's second largest film producer. In a global cinema survey conducted by the global body's Institute of Statistics and released at the UN head office in New York and UNESCO office in Paris, India kept the first position, but Nigeria has now edged out the United States from the second position. The U.S. is now number three after India and Nigeria. Global attention has recently been mounting towards Nollywood with Nigerian films becoming a hot commodity among African-Americans in the U.S. and blacks from the Caribbean countries. Only last month a daily U.S. government bulletin referenced Nollywood as a rising star in the world of film production, paying tribute to the acumen of Nigerian artists and film producers.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/breaking_news/article01
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by SeanT21(f): 8:17pm On May 05, 2009
Is this a JOKE

Nollywood beats out Hollywood hmmm,CONGRATS TO THEM OOO!!
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by janedoe(f): 2:38am On May 06, 2009
So what is the catch to this flattery?they need some oil? grin
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by spoilt(f): 2:38am On May 06, 2009
Quantity over quality?  
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by phantom(m): 9:10am On May 06, 2009
Na wa o!Based on wat?Congrats to naija sha, Meanwhile wey all the nlanders wey talk say the west dey always bad mouth us,
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by grafikdon: 5:26pm On May 06, 2009
The emphasis is on "Size"and not "Quality", so people, it is very appropriate (The UN Chieftancy title grin). I am surprised they are not the first considering the rate at which Naija people churn out their movies. . .
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 06, 2009
This is not really good news.
Their new found largeness abi should I say big-for-nothingness, would draw more attention to how low quality and shabbily made their movies are. (Not to mention the actors' embarrassing grammitical errors.)
Hmmmmm. Not good news.
Re: Un Ranks Nigerian Film Industry Second Largest . by Nobody: 12:40am On May 09, 2009
fellis:

This is not really good news.
Their new found largeness abi should I say big-for-nothingness, would draw more attention to how low quality and shabbily made their movies are. (Not to mention the actors' embarrassing grammitical errors.)
Hmmmmm. Not good news.

I SECOND THAT!!!!
have you guys watch any GOOD Nollywood movie lately?
there is nothing to talk about here. the Nollywood industry is comparable to any good Vlogger around the world (i am surprised its even compared to Hollywood). the quality of some vlogs around the world are better than most Nollywood crap that are released daily in 9ja. lets get real for a minute, out of all the hundreds of movie released each yr in 9ja, how many would you consider good?! I mean good storyline, good actors, good lighting, good audio and great camera work/chemistry?!
havent seen ONE yet.
but hey, GO NOLLYWOOD!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ultimate Search / Top Nollywood Stars Support Ion International Film Festival / Any Knows The Criteria D Judges Are Using To Sreen People Out Of Pakshow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.