Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic (568 Views)

21,084 police officers, 3 helicopters for Anambra governorship election / Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / AirForce To Deploy Surveillance Helicopters To The North. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by viviangist2: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2015

Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode yesterday said that his administration has concluded plans to purchase three helicopters next month to enable security agencies tackle criminal activities from the air as well assist in monitoring traffic gridlock to ease movement across the metropolis.

Ambode made the disclosure while speaking as a guest on a popular radio programme, Soni Irabor Live (SIL) on Inspiration FM.

He said he was deeply concerned about the increased spate of robbery incidents in some areas of the state, expressing optimism that the helicopters will go a long way to aid security and traffic surveillance in the state. He appealed to residents in the state to join hands with his government to make it successful.
“We are in this together, all Lagosians. It is your government; you put me there; I’m your servant and I’m ready for criticism. I’m listening and I believe strongly that you have a say in this government because it is an inclusive government. No matter where you come from, no matter your creed or colour, this is your government. I appeal that Lagosians should join hands with me; tolerate whatever it is that you are seeing and make sure that you also carry out your own civic obligations. Pay your taxes because it is the only way that Lagos can grow and you know, the bottom line is this, we all need to work together to achieve a safer Lagos; a cleaner Lagos; and a more prosperous Lagos and that is what all of us are going to do,” he said.

source http://viviangist.com/gov-ambode-lagos-to-purchase-3-helicopters-to-battle-crime-and-tackle-traffic
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Great...

1. What about the ones the previous administration bought?
2. How can you use helicopters to fight traffic? Would they rescue trapped vehicles?
3. How much do you want to spend? We want to see transparency in the acquisition process..

Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by coolhumble(m): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
Great idea, we love this.
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
During the Governorship campaign, Ambode campaigned close to my abode, one small boy that saw him talk and also his posters said, 'I have seen this face before'

'where' I asked

He said , 'I saw him on Nat Geo Wild'. I laughed heartily.

*At the topic*
I think Tinubu is giving him outdated idea on how to embezzle money. What direct positive effect would those 3 helicopters have on the traffic situation in Lagos?
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by donTbone(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
undecided
And what has helicopter gat to do with gridlock?

Not concluding yet thou! lipsrsealed

Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by hob(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
ok Mr Ambode

Still hoping for a better situation in lagidi
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by byteem: 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
THIS GUY IS CLUELESS UTTERLY CLUELESS .. I WAS ROBBED AT ECO BRIDGE DECENDING TO SIEMES BY 6.AM LAST WEEK MONDAY.. THIS AREA IA A HOT SPOT .. THERE ARE SIMILAR HOTSPOTS IN MILE 2 AKPONGBON .. VI AND THE LIKES .. WAT HAPPNED TO DESPATCHING UN UNIFORMED OFFICERS TO THOSE AREAS TO INVESTIGATE AND PUT A STOP TO THIS RUBBISH..OR EVEN STATION OFFCIERS IN THOSE SPOTS .. THESE GUYS ARE GETTING BOLDER BY THE MINUTE HEARD THEY ROBBED CAR TO CAR LAST WEEK .. SOON WE WILL GO BACK TO THE DAYS OF SHINA RAMBO.. THIS GOV IS REALLY CLUELSSS WHAT DOES HELICOPTER HAVE TO DO WITH TRAFFIC. DAMN AM SO VEXED.. SO THATS THE ONLY RESPONSE.. SHAMELESS .
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by byteem: 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
THIS GUY IS CLUELESS UTTERLY CLUELESS .. I WAS ROBBED AT ECO BRIDGE DECENDING TO SIEMES BY 6.AM LAST WEEK MONDAY.. THIS AREA IA A HOT SPOT .. THERE ARE SIMILAR HOTSPOTS IN MILE 2 AKPONGBON .. VI AND THE LIKES .. WAT HAPPNED TO DESPATCHING NO UNIFORMED OFFICERS TO THOSE AREAS TO INVESTIGATE AND PUT A STOP TO THIS RUBBISH..OR EVEN STATION OFFCIERS IN THOSE SPOTS .. THESE GUYS ARE GETTING BOLDER BY THE MINUTE THEY DNT EVEN COVER THEIR FACES .. THEY MOVE AROUND FREELY ...HEARD THEY ROBBED CAR TO CAR LAST WEEK AND PEOPLE HAD TO WIND DOWN AND SUBMIT THIER VALUABLES TO AVOID BEING ASSAULTED .. SOON WE WILL GO BACK TO THE DAYS OF SHINA RAMBO.. THIS GOV IS REALLY CLUELESS WHAT DOES HELICOPTER HAVE TO DO WITH TRAFFIC. DAMN AM SO VEXED.. SO THATS THE ONLY RESPONSE.. SHAMELESS ... THESE STUUPID POLICE THUGS THEY KNOW THESE GUYS ..ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO IS STAND AGIMPE IN AREAS WHERE THEY ARE NOT WANTED .. WHERE THE REAL ACTION HAPPENS .. THEY AVOID ... IF ITS TO TERRORIZE CITIZENS .. THEY BECOME POLICE MEN .. CRAPPY GOV .. CRAPPY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE ...
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by tyson99(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
issokay
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by mazeltov(m): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Wastage constitutes about 55% of our problems
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by masseratti: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
As Government cannot be everywhere please protect your self,family and loved ones with a window security protective film, designed with the aid of Nano technology.
Re: Lagos To Purchase 3 Helicopters To Battle Crime And Tackle Traffic by masseratti: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
As Government cannot be everywhere please protect your self,family and loved ones with a window security protective film, designed with the aid of Nano technology.

(1) (Reply)

Almakura's Second Tenure Drama / Romania Prime Minister Resigns Over Nightclub Fire / Photos- Buhari Receives Burundian Envoy In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.