Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone (7472 Views)

Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants / Yoruba Message To Igbos. Please Understand / Why Yoruba Says Ibo Leave Niger Delta Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by IGBOPRINCE: 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
One of the reasons why I don’t support groups such as MASSOB or IPOB is not because I don’t think Igbos or any group for that matter have the right for self-determination. My only worry is the mode through which this is carried out. The truth is that the Biafran dream will remain a pipe dream if the initiators go about it the way they are currently. Apart from the fact that they are not going about it the right way by appealing to those that matter in Igboland and taking their case to the United Nations (UN), the most embarrassing disposition that they have created is one of forcing people who have not given their consent to be included in the Biafran agenda.

The fact that most of the areas known as the Niger Delta were naturally part of the old eastern region and as such were naturally part of the Biafran agitation in the 60s does not mean the same thing holds today. The divide and rule tactics has worked and anybody that can’t see it needs to go for an eye checkup. I’m tired of this whole “We are not Igbo, we are Edo”, “Our ancestors ate Igbo yam and that is why we are Igbo” or the opposing views that portray such desperate disposition that could be mistaken as Hitler’s intended conquering of Europe.

Igbos should fight for their rights and their only. Let’s stop this “SS and SE” BS. This people have oil for Bleep sake. Leave them the heck alone. They don’t want to have anything to do with you. I wonder why you can’t see that. They probably hate you more than the Hausas and the Yorubas that you see as your arch rivals. You have nothing to offer them, so leave them the heck alone.

In my mind, I even think it will make more sense for Igbos to align with other major groups and not minorities. These minorities don’t care about you. They see you as a land grabber. It doesn’t matter whether their names are the same as yours, their mode of thinking and vision is different, so it will serve you well if you focus on your SE affairs and stop romancing people that don’t want to be romanced.

If you are really passionate about getting Biafra whether or not it comes with oil or seaport then you must present your Biafran case as the SE alone. Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now. Present your case as the war ravaged SE that no one can benefit from and the powers that be may change their kind and give it to you. But as long as you keep romancing oil, those Abuja people will not mind being Niger Delta’s father Christmas by sending gun wielding soldiers to teach you a bitter lesson for the second time. A word is enough for the wise.
you re on points.

So on points, but the truth is that we re not forcing them, but we re stopping them from rewriting false history.

Most nairalanders from the eastern root re not ignorant. So when we see the truth, we shall not hesitate to shout it out. So bro, saying the truth about them does not mean we re forcing them.

How could a sane man opened a thread to deceives the world and you wants us to keep quiet. Although , I respects your thread and I shall go accordingly as you pinpoints.

But if I see any lies on any thread, I will definitely installs the truth on them.

Tanz sad

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DIVINE78: 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jakpon:
shut up. You are not a true Nwafo. You are a fooolani slave. What is wrong with you lazy yeriba people, why dont you want we Igbos to go back to Biafra ? The zoo must fall
Take a night bus back to your erosion ridden land instead of making noise in Lagos,PH and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by carnegiefan: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
There is nothing more dangerous to the Igbo interest than another Igbo who has been empowered by Nigeria. Mark my words.

Yes I believe in Biafra, but I believe it will come after MANY years; at least until all the "Nigerians" in our midst have been put in their selfish homes NEVER again to speak for us.

Can any Igbo tell me what Senator Ekweremadu of Enugu State -Deputy Senate President for ever- has achieved for SE?
Short answer: NOTHING.

Enugu "international" airport is still every much a local airport.

@OP we are not shocked that you are asking us to forget 40% of Igboland.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by fr3do(m): 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
I am disappointed that the Op has let the concept of states and regions sink too deep.

If I zone Anambra to the SS, would people who are called Anambrans seize to be Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by IPOB123london: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
useless thread

there is nothing like Nigeria

it is created by white man

there is nothing like nigger delta

it is created by hausa-fulani to break us against one another and today some monkey and baboon fell for it

there is nothing like south south, mid west etc

it is created by yoruba media

and u are telling us to accept lies

black people black people

only in the zoo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by IPOB123london: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
nevertheless i ve been long enough in nl

there are people here that live and dream in their own world

i have to say op is one of them

always try to come across like they are smart but what u get is rubbish upon rubbish

No where in this world a town is named after a river

u name river after a town

the whole thing about the zoo is fraud

u have african american killing their selves to trace their root but here u have baboon called emeka; his mum is ngozi; dad ikechukwu saying he is not igbo

to compile issues his DNA is traced to Anambra

and u are tell us that place is not a zoo

who need your support

the kids are better off living without u

ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by IPOB123london: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2015

There is nothing more dangerous to the Igbo interest than another Igbo who has been empowered by Nigeria. Mark my words.

rubbish

dnt underestimate our resolve to see our people living in a good country called Biafra

IPOB will take care of that so dnt stress your self that much

we under stand Obiano convoy is almost like Gaddaffi 'one now

Biafra is a spirit and unstoppable

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:
Who is not Igbo? It is either you cannot see or read.

For your information, I am NWAFOR IGBO (son of the soil of Igboland). I am neither a JEW (as claimed by some) nor AKPA, nor ORU (the riverine Igbos) nor any other hybrid Igbo. I understand, speak and write Igbo. You should consider it a privilege having my kind on this thread. cheesy
I wasn't referrin 2 u as not igbo! Learn 2 read well b4 u attack .I was referrin 2 d guy u quoted
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lol!D guy u quoted is ur brother o! Hez tryin 2 paint igbos as a recalcitrant and abusive lot! It seems d only ppl fooled here wit his antics r himself n urself cheesy
simplycarro:

You will never find an atom of intelligent discussion in any Igbo dominated thread.
The aim and end objective is always to look for the slightest excuse to draw in the Yorubas and turn the whole thread into a theater of the absurd
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by simplycarro: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
mightyhaze:
Lol!D guy u quoted is ur brother o! Hez tryin 2 paint igbos as a recalcitrant and abusive lot! It seems d only ppl fooled here wit his antics r himself n urself cheesy
Fool! I don't have a brother on NL. I don't like fools that writes in short-hands quoting me.! angry
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
ur quotin ur own brother,but ur too dumb 2 realise it cheesy
DIVINE78:

Take a night bus back to your erosion ridden land instead of making noise in Lagos,PH and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
Warreva! Jst tk note hez ur fellow connie,tryn 2 play smart on here. cheesy
simplycarro:

Fool! I don't have a brother on NL. I don't like fools that writes in short-hands quoting me.! angry

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DIVINE78: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Your mumu don grow horn. Che know again when you're less drunk.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Excel23: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
DeviIhimself:

gain more like what, what and what? please elaborate no just sidan dey deceive yourself.
SE stands to gain more staying on their own
note: am not an IPOB fan nor member am just concerned about the current fate of igbos in Nigeria.

take time and watch this video but in summary
just like what's happening to today's sycophants
the man denied his igbo identity in front of foreign journalists and even went ahead to say that Biafran soldiers killed his family and said all sorts of things just for hoping to receive a pat on the back the Nigerian soldier (captain) promised the foreign journalists to take the guy to HQ (headquarters) and feed him only for them to tie him up more and waste him (shoot him to death) in the absence of the foreign journalists.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153265773503553&id=586833552

this what is really happening today some sycophants allied with enemies just for some stipends but am telling you when the chips are down everybody will identify his origin.

the truth is that Nigeria is a multiple countries living together and you know such will never work it has never worked anywhere check your history read about Soviet Union, USSR, etc.

we are better off divided with that we can live in peace as a neighboring countries.
u said in d absence of the foreign journalists?, ok, who recorded the tape. If u choose to observe closely, u would notice that the white journalists were not expecting anything contrary
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ROYALD(m): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
One of the reasons why I don’t support groups such as MASSOB or IPOB is not because I don’t think Igbos or any group for that matter have the right for self-determination. My only worry is the mode through which this is carried out. The truth is that the Biafran dream will remain a pipe dream if the initiators go about it the way they are currently. Apart from the fact that they are not going about it the right way by appealing to those that matter in Igboland and taking their case to the United Nations (UN), the most embarrassing disposition that they have created is one of forcing people who have not given their consent to be included in the Biafran agenda.

The fact that most of the areas known as the Niger Delta were naturally part of the old eastern region and as such were naturally part of the Biafran agitation in the 60s does not mean the same thing holds today. The divide and rule tactics has worked and anybody that can’t see it needs to go for an eye checkup. I’m tired of this whole “We are not Igbo, we are Edo”, “Our ancestors ate Igbo yam and that is why we are Igbo” or the opposing views that portray such desperate disposition that could be mistaken as Hitler’s intended conquering of Europe.

Igbos should fight for their rights and their only. Let’s stop this “SS and SE” BS. This people have oil for Bleep sake. Leave them the heck alone. They don’t want to have anything to do with you. I wonder why you can’t see that. They probably hate you more than the Hausas and the Yorubas that you see as your arch rivals. You have nothing to offer them, so leave them the heck alone.

In my mind, I even think it will make more sense for Igbos to align with other major groups and not minorities. These minorities don’t care about you. They see you as a land grabber. It doesn’t matter whether their names are the same as yours, their mode of thinking and vision is different, so it will serve you well if you focus on your SE affairs and stop romancing people that don’t want to be romanced.

If you are really passionate about getting Biafra whether or not it comes with oil or seaport then you must present your Biafran case as the SE alone. Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now. Present your case as the war ravaged SE that no one can benefit from and the powers that be may change their kind and give it to you. But as long as you keep romancing oil, those Abuja people will not mind being Niger Delta’s father Christmas by sending gun wielding soldiers to teach you a bitter lesson for the second time. A word is enough for the wise.

SHUT UP YORUBA BASTARD
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

You can write a fvcking epistle but you cannot moderate your section?

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Excel23:
u said in d absence of the foreign journalists?, ok, who recorded the tape. If u choose to observe closely, u would notice that the white journalists were not expecting anything contrary

but they promised not to kill the man and didn't you see them walk away?

bro how did you feel after watching the video?

honestly till we tell ourselves the truth this country will never see a daylight.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by pazienza(m): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
"There is nothing more dangerous to the Igbo interest than another Igbo who has been empowered by Nigeria".

Carnegiefan. This is gold. Thanks for this quote.

Permit me to use the above quote as my new signature.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by pazienza(m): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
carnegiefan:

Yes I believe in Biafra, but I believe it will come after MANY years; at least until all the "Nigerians" in our midst have been put in their selfish homes NEVER again to speak for us.

Can any Igbo tell me what Senator Ekweremadu of Enugu State -Deputy Senate President for ever- has achieved for SE?
Short answer: NOTHING.

Enugu "international" airport is still every much a local airport.

@OP we are not shocked that you are asking us to forget 40% of Igboland.

Carnegiefan, we need another thought provoking thread from you. I think you owe us one.

Make one thread on this current dilemma we face.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by pazienza(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam, you are not making any sense.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by wiseguy(m): 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
Thank You Afam. This is exactly the same thing i keep telling our brothers in the East. I have lived here in PH for more than 15 years. An average South southerner hates we the Igbos even more than the Hausas. We can never cohabit. Even the Ikweres that speak and answer Igbo names deny being Igbo. And I wonder why we seem to be forcing them to adopt an identity they don't want. Personally, that is the problem I have with Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB. Forget about South South people. The union will never work. We complain that we are in a forced marriage with the rest of Nigeria and we want to enter another forced marriage with South South. If we truly desire Biafra, then let's concentrate on uniting only the 5 South East states for that purpose. Anything beyond that will never work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Excel23: 6:24am On Oct 27, 2015
DeviIhimself:

but they promised not to kill the man and didn't you see them walk away?

bro how did you feel after watching the video?

honestly till we tell ourselves the truth this country will never see a daylight.
there was not nothing CIVIL about that war
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by shaboti: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
Afam4eva:

No, im not and i don't care about the SS. I care for my people (SE) first and formost and one thing i hate is insults. All these minorities are really enjoying the attention that they're been given by jobless Igbo folks on nairaland. When i first came to Lagos in 1996, nobody knew who Ikwerre in Lagos, all of a sudden Ikwerre is soo popular just because we Igbos will not stop obsessing ourselves over why our supposed brother don't want to be called brother. Everybody shoyld answer their father's name. Enough of these insults.
I love you man
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Cjrane2: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]I am from Aboh, and our people are as Biafran as our kith and kin over the Niger.
Don't be deceived by Yoruba propaganda. Only Yorubas vaguely try to disguise themselves as "South-south" people in order to write those things you have wholeheartedly said comes from Niger Delta. if Yorubas can claim to be in Ondo state, which has Ijaw land in it, why should Igbo people not at least include Igbo speaking territories? Igbos outside the SE know that if by omission or commission, the SE leaves Nigeria without them, then they are finished. Nigeria will oppress them worse than they are doing to Igbos now and they will be too small to do anything about it.

Why do you think Murtala Mohammed murdered civilians in Asaba but not in Benin or Warri?
Mind you, Asaba was not part of Biafra territory in 1967, it was legally administered by Nigeria. Do you think Mohammed didn't know Asaba people were Igbos even if they were called citizens of Mid-western Nigerians and not included in the area referred to as Biafra ?

Your enemy isn't stupid. Forget their propaganda and divide & rule. They know Igbo is Igbo, even if they are located outside the contigous region they named SE .
[/size]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by costandi(m): 11:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Afam4eva:

I was waiting for someone to leave the discuss and bring up why i used Niger Delta instead of South south since there are two Igbos states in ND. I used ND because i think it more suited to what i'm talking about (oil et al).
Afam, you don cast. do you know the meaning of et al?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by duwdu: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Afam4eva:

These are very direct and potent words of wisdom. And thanks for articulating the issues so well. So, to those that have ears, let them hear.

To be quite honest, and in my estimation, more than 95% of those with economic and political influence over the core region from within which the ardent advocates of this secession thingy emanate, do not give a hoot about such extremism. They're just making progress and growing within and out of their reduced original region of influence the best way they deem fit.

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by divide9ja: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Sorry yorubas but we the south-south identify with the Igbos, we have seen the way GEJ was treated in Power.
We support OBJ 2 times, when it got to our turn the South_west turned its back on us.

[/size]
We have intermarried well with the Igbos and they feel at home with us.

We dont destroy their business unlike the yorubas do.

The Yorubas are equally treating us in the south-south badly, you take our oil
but want to build the dry dock in the south-west.

N-Delta youths kick against building of NLNG Dry-dock in Badagry

on August 07, 2015 / in News 12:48 am / Comments

PORT HARCOURT—Youth groups in Niger Delta have threatened to shut down the operations of Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company, NLNG, in their communities of the region, especially in Rivers State over the alleged location of its Drydock in Badagry, Lagos.

The youths drawn from the six states of Niger Delta, while briefing newsmen in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, said it was wrong for NLNG to abandon the region where it has its base to site a project that will provide jobs for youths of the region in Lagos.

Spokesman of the youths, Mr Simeon Wilcox, said the youths want the management of NLNG operating in Bonny, Rivers State to make public their position on the recent news of the location of its Drydock in Badagry, Lagos.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/n-delta-youths-kick-against-building-of-nlng-dry-dock-in-badagry/

So yorubas you want our oil but dont want us to benefit from it.
We shall not be slaves to the south-west or the North of Nigeria.

SO WE THE SOUTH-SOUTH REACH OUT TO THE SOUTH-EAST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by lyntiffany(f): 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Emekamex:
Who cares about th ND? All I care is the development of my immediate environment (ie South East).
have you forgotten that Abia and Imo State are included in Niger delta?
I share your opinion but some of our brother's are in Niger Delta,in other words we should care about them.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ROYALD(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yorubasgreat(f): 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
Afam4eva:

Unfortunately you are not an important person.
No one cares about what you like or dislikes tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by ROYALD(m): 12:18am On Jan 17, 2016
World's Newest Nations (Since 1990)

Liberland (Europe)
South Sudan (Africa)
Kosovo (Europe)
Montenegro (Europe)
Serbia (Europe)
East Timor (Asia)
Eritrea (Africa)
Czech Republic (Europe)
Slovakia (Europe)
Armenia (Europe)
Azerbaijan (Europe)
Belarus (Europe)
Estonia (Europe)
Georgia (Europe)
Kazakhstan (Europe)
Kyrgyzstan (Europe)
Latvia (Europe)
Lithuania (Europe)
Moldova (Europe)
Russia (Europe)
Tajikistan (Europe)
Turkmenistan (Europe)
Ukraine (Europe)
Uzbekistan (Europe)
Slovenia (Europe)
Macedonia (Europe)
Croatia (Europe)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe)
Namibia (Africa)
Yemen (Middle East)
Micronesia (Americas)

Europeans has realized the fact that people are not created for nations, nations are created for people. All forced nations are destined to fail.Including Nigeria
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by dukecharles(m): 1:14am On Jan 17, 2016
Please is there anything in the dictionary like south south? Niger/delta man planned and executed the first couple kaduna Nzeogwu , South East people are now being blamed for it, we accept,it even led to civil war, we fought, we stood behind GEJ when the northern oligarchy and Yoruba media mafias wanted to humiliate him out of office, when Buhari was asked about the alleged Igbo marginalization, he called CBN governor, Minster of petroleum and Amaechi IGBOS, he didn't remember southeast / South south divide. Average northern calls GEJ Igbo man. I don't know why our people cannot reason. See the map below SE/SS has always been together, they are just dividing us for their selfish purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Handsome Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Without Glasses / NASS Resumes Today, ₦‎23.7 Trillion Loan Restructuring Tops Agenda / Ogun Tribunal: APC, PDP In Fresh War Of Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.