Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,327 members, 7,819,118 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State (1277 Views)

Militants And Military Clash In Arepo And Ibafo / No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) / More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by niyiguy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Sad headline, true story

This how I got to discover the blackout situation in Ibafo, Ogun State, Nigeria.

I got a wedding invitation through my Mum, the engagement and wedding ceremony was dated for Friday and Saturday, So I left Lagos very early on Friday Morning to beat Lagos traffic and also meet up with the engagement that was suppose to take place on Friday by 2PM. On my arrival to Ibafo, what I discover first that got me irritated is the state of the road, the road in that vicinity is terrible - a saloon car can't survive one year with the state of the road.

I left Lagos with the mindset that when I arrive at Ibafo, I will get my cloth for the party ironed before the engagement proper. On my arrival at the family house, I told my cousin that I came with my cloth but I don't have them ironed and he exclaimed saying what am I insinuating, I said I need to get my cloth ironed and he replied saying there has not been light for the past 5 years and I thought it was all a joke, he left me where we had the discussion. So I later walked up to him again saying "I Like To Get My Cloth Ironed For The Engagement", he replied saying "Bro, You think say I dey joke", someone overheard me telling him that I needed to get my cloth ironed and the person confirmed to me that there has not been light for over 5 years, it kept me dumbfounded.

I was left with no option rather than my Jean and shirt for the engagement. So that Friday night, I asked for any close Hotel, I was directed to AM 2 PM, if you are conversant with the area, am sure that is one of the most popular hotel in that vicinity. I spent my Friday night with in the Hotel and a well air-conditioned room, I was able to get my cloth ironed for the wedding proper at the cost of N7,000 without Hotel Dinner.

During the Church wedding on Saturday, the church became heated, so I stepped out to get a chilled water, still curious about the light situation, I demanded for a very chilled table water and the woman selling said "Ha, am very sure you don't live here, it has been like 8 years we had light", I kept my peace.

I got disgusted about the bad roads at first, later found out that it is even more worse than just bad roads.

All this defect where there is a government, I wonder what the government of Ogun State is during to curb the unbearable situation in Ibafo, Ogun State.

I just thought I should share this story if sharing this could make bring solution to the people of Ibafo, Ogun State.

If you have anything contrary to my above experience, please share.

This is my personal experience.

Regards
Sharegist
Blogger at www.sharegist.com

http://www.sharegist.com/we-have-no-light-for-over-5-years-residents-of-ibafo-ogun-state/

Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by nairalandmaster(f): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
well composed. nice info op
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by basilo101: 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
and they call Aba names
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by laudate: 12:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Hmmmn.... I see opportunities in Ibafo. An opportunity to install gas-powered micro-turbines, and solar-powered panels to generate electricity in the community. I wonder how people charge their phones - guess their petrol generators would be working overtime. grin

I see opportunities to sell big ice blocks, stand-alone refrigerators for chilled drinks, and solar-powered airconditioners.

Wait, let me call my bank manager to help me raise the documentation I need for extra funds to handle this project. cheesy
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by dhantey324(m): 12:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria where basic rights are seen as privileges.. Does Ibafo fall under any Lga? Its a pity. D bad road in my area (Tedi Town, Ojo Lagos) is notorious. Thank God we have electricity.
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by LastSurvivor: 12:39am On Oct 27, 2015
U mean the same Ogun OBJ hails from??
smh
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by tyson99(m): 12:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Gov Amosun pls do the needful
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 27, 2015
niyiguy:
Sad headline, true story

This how I got to discover the blackout situation in Ibafo, Ogun State, Nigeria.

I got a wedding invitation through my Mum, the engagement and wedding ceremony was dated for Friday and Saturday, So I left Lagos very early on Friday Morning to beat Lagos traffic and also meet up with the engagement that was suppose to take place on Friday by 2PM. On my arrival to Ibafo, what I discover first that got me irritated is the state of the road, the road in that vicinity is terrible - a saloon car can't survive one year with the state of the road.

I left Lagos with the mindset that when I arrive at Ibafo, I will get my cloth for the party ironed before the engagement proper. On my arrival at the family house, I told my cousin that I came with my cloth but I don't have them ironed and he exclaimed saying what am I insinuating, I said I need to get my cloth ironed and he replied saying there has not been light for the past 5 years and I thought it was all a joke, he left me where we had the discussion. So I later walked up to him again saying "I Like To Get My Cloth Ironed For The Engagement", he replied saying "Bro, You think say I dey joke", someone overheard me telling him that I needed to get my cloth ironed and the person confirmed to me that there has not been light for over 5 years, it kept me dumbfounded.

I was left with no option rather than my Jean and shirt for the engagement. So that Friday night, I asked for any close Hotel, I was directed to AM 2 PM, if you are conversant with the area, am sure that is one of the most popular hotel in that vicinity. I spent my Friday night with in the Hotel and a well air-conditioned room, I was able to get my cloth ironed for the wedding proper at the cost of N7,000 without Hotel Dinner.

During the Church wedding on Saturday, the church became heated, so I stepped out to get a chilled water, still curious about the light situation, I demanded for a very chilled table water and the woman selling said "Ha, am very sure you don't live here, it has been like 8 years we had light", I kept my peace.

I got disgusted about the bad roads at first, later found out that it is even more worse than just bad roads.

All this defect where there is a government, I wonder what the government of Ogun State is during to curb the unbearable situation in Ibafo, Ogun State.

I just thought I should share this story if sharing this could make bring solution to the people of Ibafo, Ogun State.

If you have anything contrary to my above experience, please share.

This is my personal experience.

Regards
Sharegist
Blogger at www.sharegist.com

http://www.sharegist.com/we-have-no-light-for-over-5-years-residents-of-ibafo-ogun-state/

This is the height of sophistication.
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by Gboliwe: 1:48am On Oct 27, 2015
basilo101:
and they call Aba names

Such is life my dear. Hypocrites will ignore the plank in their eyes and concentrate on the speck in others.

Once read that somewhere in that state too, banks don't open unti 11am (when the police resume) and they close after 2- 3hrs of work. They won't hold their governors accountable but will stay online hours on end drumming up war between brothers.

Like I always say, let's keep talking about the state of Aba and Abia state, just perhaps, help will come and our leaders will do something to better our lives
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 27, 2015
That's pathetic. Don't worry. the state of the town will soon change bad to good.
Re: We Have No Light For Over 5 Years - Residents Of Ibafo, Ogun State by goldiam(f): 3:51am On Oct 27, 2015
op is very right on this,even those in Mowe can also attest to it,as they are also experiencing serious power outage The roads construction project in Mowe was abandoned immediately after the election We fail to hold the government at the grass root level accountable as we focus more on the federal government.May God help our country.

(1) (Reply)

Barcanista hears of Mama Taraba's victory (Photo) / / Another Epic Reply From Ben Murray-bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.