Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka (742 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Chief Awolowo,HID,Mrs Osinbajo's Mother And Others / Ayoka Lawani, PDP Member Defects To APC!! / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka by wirinet(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2009
Nigerian are very inconsistent. Last week many people were blaming Ekiti REC for resigning and refusing to accept Idosi results.  The arguments then was that she should have been courageous enough to announce the cancellation of Ido-osi results, even though her security details had been withdrawn, she was being threatened by PDP, her boss and thugs. She was not protected by the people she was trying to help - the Ekiti masses. No body knew how she got to Abuja.

She tried to run away by resigning her appointments, but she was threatened by the federal govt. through Dora by insinuating  she is a traitor an was declared wanted by the Nigerian Police. Instead of Nigerians rallying around to give her support, the kept mute while some are insulting her. Even her church and can did not show solidarity as she claimed she was following her christian faith.

So after coming out of hiding, meeting with the Inec chairman, the IG and probably with the president and former president. She suddenly became once again a member of the INEC family. And went ahead to compete the INEC mandate under very tight security.

Nigerians have been known to leave you high and dry when it comes to the crunch. Ask the Abiolas, the Fawehinmis,  the Nwosus, the Umars, and so on. Nigerians would not put themselves on the line to support you.

How many political murders have gone unsolved in Nigeria, what did the people do to make sure the culprits are caught.  If Mrs Ayoka was attacked by" armed robbers" or "thugs", and killed, what will happen. If she was arrested and sent to kirikiri, what will the people do. Do people really think that a 74 yr old woman can stand the might of the Federal Government?

I remember the Romanian Revolution in 1989, which was started because the govt wanted to arrest a critical reverend father. The people of the town formed a human shield around the church of the reverend so the police could not arrest him. The army was called in and more people from all surrounding towns came to protect the reverend - including women.  After shooting of innocent civilians was getting too bloody, the army became divided   ( as their family was being killed too), and the president Nicholas Couchescu was deposed, tried and killed on Christmas day 1989

Even recently the people stomped Georgia's Parliamentary building to remove the president with bare hands because he was said to have rigged parliamentary elections. The president had to be evacuated from the building by helicopter. 

So PDP will rig with impunity as long as Nigerian will debate, argue, discuss and not take physical action.  The let every body have their say while they have their way.
Re: Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On May 06, 2009
I knew someone was going to come in with the "Gun to her head" story!! Jeezz!! don't we ever learn??
Re: Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka by Moves: 1:08pm On May 06, 2009
Yes, I can, Nobody asked her to open her mouth in the first Place,  and a coward @ 74, Even if her life was threathened are you now saying she will be protected for the remainder of her life, which give or take another 15years, what an excuse, she could drop dead tomorrow, ask Abacha, Until nigerians stand up to the Political Elite, be it PDP or AC, nothing will change, she has done more harm than good, what do you say to the innocent people in Ekiti who had their properties destroyed due to the tension her actions created,

wirinet:

Nigerians have been known to leave you high and dry when it comes to the crunch. Ask the Abiolas, the Fawehinmis,  the Nwosus, the Umars, and so on. Nigerians would not put themselves on the line to support you.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I personally know someone that was killed by bullet during the Abiola riot; Fawehinmi is still alive and Abacha is no more, doesnt that tell you something[/font]

How many political murders have gone unsolved in Nigeria, what did the people do to make sure the culprits are caught.  If Mrs Ayoka was attacked by" armed robbers" or "thugs", and killed, what will happen. If she was arrested and sent to kirikiri, what will the people do. Do people really think that a 74 yr old woman can stand the might of the Federal Government?
-The same 74 yrs old said her Christian faith doesnt not allow her to do stuffs; Where is the so called Christian Faith, lets not even go into the list of those that have died @ extremely young Age protecting their Christian faith, She is a Sham,  I said it here when it happened,

Re: Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On May 06, 2009
Moves:

Yes, I can, Nobody asked her to open her mouth in the first Place, and a coward @ 74,

You got that right!!

Moves:

Even if her life was threathened are you now saying she will be protected for the remainder of her life, which give or take another 15years,

Lol

Moves:

what an excuse, she could drop dead tomorrow, ask Abacha,

lol

Moves:

Until nigerians stand up to the Political Elite, be it PDP or AC, nothing will change, she has done more harm than good, what do you say to the innocent people in Ekiti who had their properties destroyed due to the tension her actions created,

Exactly!! And I still say Ekiti needs to demand answers from her.
Re: Ekiti Fall Out: Can You Really Blame Mrs Ayoka by las240s(m): 4:11pm On May 06, 2009
it is extreemly glearing that she compromised her faith for either threats or bribery my mother is about her age and i can beat my chest that she ll rather die than live with shame

(1) (Reply)

Woman’s Death Stirs Controversy In Lagos Hospital / Sharia Council Condemns Move On Death Penalty / Imo State Is Broke, Thanks To Ohakim And Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.