Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

It's Time For Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Time For Revolution (1575 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time For Revolution by saintade01(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2009
It's time for a Revolution angry angry angry angry
Tuesday, 05 May 2009 15:38 By Olumide Ogundipe
The Nigerian Revolutionary Council is appalled at the turn of events in Ekiti and is constrained to release this press statement.

Malcolm X once mockingly said that John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King both deserved to win Oscars for their role in the Civil Rights movement of the sixties. He said that JFK should be nominated for a best actor award while MLK should get a supporting actor slot. He called the peaceful Civil Rights coalition a bunch of idiots who didn't understand the actions needed to end institutionalised racism. In Malcolm X's words, the field nigger not the house nigger could successfully lead the battle against racism.

Today, we ask Nigerians to rise up in arms against the corrupt, rudderless, vacillating junta of Umaru Musa Yar'Adua an impotent idiot who is leading our country down the precipice without an inkling of his own incompetence. Yar'Adua has promised us heaven an earth and delivered nothing. Rather than face the reality and resign before a deadly ailment completely consumes his faculties, he continues to pretend that he is fit to be the president of the world's largest black nation. Some of his celebrated first actions as president included appointing M.D Yusufu, a career criminal and Halliburton suspect to head the Police Reform Commission and delegating similar functions to Mohammed Uwais, a hopeless jurist who caddied for the dreaded Abacha.

The Ekiti selection has shown what this dumb Northerner really thinks about democracy. He had the choice of organizing a successful; election that would show a new dawn in Nigerian politics. Rather, he succumbed to the wishes of desperate politicos and supported a highly-flawed charade that ultimately led to the inclusion of "results" collated in a police station. The most amazing part of the saga is the manner in which a co-conspirator, Mrs Ayoke Adebayo was hailed as a hero by the naive opposition even though she was acting out a script. If Adebayo was really a Christian as she claimed, why didn't she play along with the PDP goons and then declare the real results in front of the whole world?

Now that Yar'Adua, this emaciated coughing corpse-like figure has allowed his government to be taken over by a bunch of hoodlums who are intent on destroying the fabric of our society, we must decide how we want to continue. Do we sit back and pray for things to change or do we do the smart thing and rise up in arms against this illegitimate government?

In light of this chain of events, the NRC calls for the immediate assassination of the president, his advisers, ministers, Professor Maurice Iwu and other stumbling blocks of democracy. A competent sniper can do it. We believe that like-minded patriots can finance it.

NOW I SMELL TROUBLE
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Lagosboy: 12:04pm On May 06, 2009
Its high time our people realise that when peaceful solution and negotiation has been made impossible then violence is inevitable.

Now can someone tell me the way foward for our democracy in Nigeria.

Electoral reform is a mirage
The votes of the people dont count
Inec is a disgrace
Ekiti election is a preamble to the 2011 disaster in waiting.

Why should we continue to decieve ourselves, campaign , spend money win votes and then concocted eletion results collated in police stations are announced. I dont see a solution to the Nigerian problem unless some people are exterminated to the abyss of extinction.

I grieve and weep for my dear country , today is a really sad day for me honestly.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by asha80(m): 12:07pm On May 06, 2009
Revolution cannot happen in nigeria at least for now.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by blacksta(m): 12:20pm On May 06, 2009
asha 80:

Revolution cannot happen in nigeria at least for now.
Why?

there are has to be a tiping point and i think it is very near
Re: It's Time For Revolution by asha80(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2009
@blacksta

Who is going to do the revolution?We are known as 'my child dey house','my mama dey house' people.

What makes you think an ethnic jab will not derail the 'revolution' especially knowing nigeria?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by busibodi(f): 12:41pm On May 06, 2009
hhahahaha. Naija are cowards.

dem sabi only corruption.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by SkyBlue1: 12:42pm On May 06, 2009
asha 80:

@blacksta

Who is going to do the revolution?We are known as 'my child dey house','my mama dey house' people.

What makes you think an ethnic jab will not derail the 'revolution' especially knowing nigeria?

LOOL. Funny. To be hoest I don't know how aware YarAdua actually is of his incompetence. It is so easy to get surrounded by 'yes men' especially in Nigeria with the whole culture of Big manism prevalent in the country. Anytime anyone posts an insightful and objective article on the Yar Adua administration I always hope he reads it and I don't know if he reads papers. I mean, does he? Or don't media in Nigeria print such articles one finds on the web? Or does Mr President only watch the glorified trite that comes out of NTA? I am just trying to grasp an excuse that best explains some facet of this man because I am fiding it difficult to believe that somebody could be so incompetent and still open his mouth to make promises devoid of any articulated plan of action. Once again I hope the article posted can be somehow taken to Yar Adua and he gets to read it. There has to be some way to get this to his attention. I just don't know anymore about the Federal Government of Nigeria.

A proper interview (minimum 2 hours) conducted by a competent, sharp and educated person in which Yar Adua is grilled on different aspects of Nigeria and his administration, etc, would be quite revealing and I find the prospect irresistable. Perhaps pressure should be mounted for something along the lines, let us get what we should have gotten pre-election in the first place so people can act better informed.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by ElRazur: 12:48pm On May 06, 2009
blacksta:

Why?

there are has to be a tiping point and i think it is very near

June 12 was the tipping point! And nothing ever happened!!

In the words of fela "suffering and smiling" is what our people seem to do best.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On May 06, 2009
Lagosboy:

Its high time our people realise that when peaceful solution and negotiation has been made impossible then violence is inevitable.
But we have yet to strive for peaceful solutions, so why do we need to skip to violence now?

Lagosboy:

Now can someone tell me the way foward for our democracy in Nigeria.
Yes, I can!

Lagosboy:

Electoral reform is a mirage
Because we have yet to actually fight to change it from the mirage it has been.
Lagosboy:

The votes of the people dont count
Inec is a disgrace
Ekiti election is a preamble to the 2011 disaster in waiting.
Well, if you mean that the people would protest a day or two and then go back to work expecting miracles to happen without  fighting to the last minute, then we do not need to wait till 2011 to know that will go. Seems the way it happens every day, and everywhere in Nigeria.

Lagosboy:

Why should we continue to decieve ourselves, campaign , spend money win votes and then concocted eletion results collated in police stations are announced. I dont see a solution to the Nigerian problem unless some people are exterminated to the abyss of extinction.
Why Campaign? Why spend money to win votes? Why? Why pick a political side in this war when all these politicians are equally guilty for the problem in the country today? Why not fight solely on behalf of the people?

Lagosboy:

I grieve and weep for my dear country , today is a really sad day for me honestly.
Save some tears for the months and years to come ooo!!
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Bolarge(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2009
I'm not for violence, never was; never will be.
I believe resorting to violence simply means giving credence to the aphorism that "might is right".
It also implies an agreement with the means/mode of power exercise perpetrated by the numerous military junta that held sway years back and still do albeit surreptitiously. Military might is solidly with the oppressors, no point butting heads on that turf.

I would canvass for civil disobedience instead.

Does anyone recall the days of CD (Campaign for Democracy) when in the events following the annulment of the June 12 presidential elections and during the Abacha era the entire nation was completely paralysed by a sit-at-home directive by this and similar pro-democracy groups?
This was well executed in sync with the then NUPENG & PENGASSAN executives.

Makes me miss the likes of late Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti. cry

Is there a way we can completely paralyse the already crippled system and make it absolutely ungovernable for these parasites?

Where are the pro-democracy groups in this melee? or are we of the impression democracy needs to be fought for only when the power wielders don khakhi?

I believe the rape of democracy we have experienced in the last 6yrs is worse than that perpetrated by the military in their 30yrs+ rule.
I repeat is there a means to render the entire Nigerian state ungovernable to these *#@::^@*%%~>"#$^
Re: It's Time For Revolution by busibodi(f): 1:47pm On May 06, 2009
I believe resorting to violence simply means giving credence to the aphorism that "might is right".

yes. in this world might is right.

that's why Israelis do not go to church to pray when bombed by Palestian. They bombed back in triple fold.

that's why USA did not go and pray 'in-God-we-trust'. They bombed iraqi/Afgan in double fold.

that's why UK with is tiny island colonised half of the world.

that's why WEST is trying to stop Iran since they know might of iran will be right.

Nigerians should learn to face reality: the only thing that can change Nigeria is overwhelming external force.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by blacksta(m): 1:50pm On May 06, 2009
what about internal force - i dont think any external party would want help us
Re: It's Time For Revolution by busibodi(f): 1:56pm On May 06, 2009
blacksta:

what about internal force - i dont think any external party would want help us

there is no internal force anymore. it is internal corruption system.

nigeria was created by external force, it has to be set straight by same external force.

nigerians are too poor to tight back and there is too much money that only a FOOL we died for nothing.

Abacha looted $6billion people shout OBJ looted $16billion and nothing happened.

Wait until Yaradu is gone and you will see how much he has looted!
Re: It's Time For Revolution by wirinet(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2009
Nigerians in particular and Africans in general (except South Africa)wants to be spoon fed, we want to sit in our homes in the comfort of our living room, while some messiah, whether in khaki, agbada or french suit fights for our rights - political, social and all. Then come out to enjoy the fruits if they succeed.

We fail to realize that all advanced societies we are flocking to today, were built on the struggles and blood of the masses. They fought against their own parasitic elites who were oppressing them. Others fought very bloody wars to establish the society they wanted. But we want to be spoon fed.

Taking real power from a corrupt and parasitic elite is never easy. A cohesive action by the masses is no match for the elite with its police, army and even if they employ external help. The problem is that nigerians are so disunited by tribe, religion and class, that they cannot act in unison. Even a particular tribe is separated by clan, local govt and state.

Until we learn that the real enemy is not someone of different tribe or religion but all the political elite, then we will retrogress until we get to our own dark age.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by yarodin: 2:45pm On May 06, 2009
LOL, start a revolution with cowards?  Just the sight of Igbo crazed, shoot on site, I will rape you mobile policemen will crush any revolution ambitions.    Nigerians are like "you go first I am right behind you". For a revolution to take place and be successfull, people should anticipate and be ready to die. But I trust my Nigerians, we are not ready for that.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by blacksta(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2009
yarodin:

LOL, start a revolution with cowards?  Just the sight of Igbo crazed, shoot on site, I will rape you mobile policemen will crush any revolution ambitions.    Nigerians are like "you go first I am right behind you". For a revolution to take place and be successfull, people should anticipate and be ready to die. But I trust my Nigerians, we are not ready for that.

what about the option of a peaceful revolution _ Ghandi style.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Akpangbon: 2:56pm On May 06, 2009
If you are loking for Nigerian cowards, go nowhere else, just come to NairaLand - they cant even come to Nigeria to fight, they only ROFMALAO online, how can dey fight, when they have vowed never to step into the country till dey kpeme?

Cowards are born, not made.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by yarodin: 2:58pm On May 06, 2009
blacksta:

what about the option of a peaceful revolution _ Ghandi style.

LOL, honestly will you be at the very front of a peaceful demostration in Naija?  The Nigerian Police/Army are to stupid to differentiate between  peaceful and rowdy demonstrations.  As long as they see a large crowd they panic and will start firing their teargas and live bullets.  We have to remember now we are dealing with illitrates and irational people.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by wirinet(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2009
China has taken over as the second most influential country in the world and is almost becoming a superpower, Iran has launched its own satellite in space (not pay the Chinese to to it for them as done by us) and is building nuclear capability against western wishes, other countries are progressing at various rates, even Ghana is making progress. But the Giant of Africa cannot organized an election in 61 wards in a small state successfully.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Akpangbon: 3:07pm On May 06, 2009
Yarodin

Illetrate and irrational persons like yourself?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by tpiah: 3:27pm On May 06, 2009
busi-bodi:

nigeria was created by external force, it has to be set straight by same external force.

of all the things you typed here, this is the only one that makes sense.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by saintade01(m): 3:33pm On May 06, 2009
The fear of this Political Desperate Parties (cos they re not one) is the begining of suffering.

We cannot make CHANGE in this country if we dont stand up.

where are true REVOLUTIONARIES?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by yarodin: 4:00pm On May 06, 2009
Akpangbon:

Yarodin

Illetrate and irrational persons like yourself?

Were you born a retard?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by biina: 4:38pm On May 06, 2009
If you are waiting for an external force to come and set things right in Nigeria, then you should put you matters in order, as you will die waiting. For the governments of the developed countries, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies, all there is, is permanent interests. It was same interests that set us down the path we are on; same interests that maintains our path; and same interests would not support our leaving that path. This also applies to all other African countries, or any country for that matter, that they can sink their teeth into.

Nigerians will have to solve the problem of Nigeria. Whilst one can hope for minimal bloodshed, I doubt the required change  will ever happen peacefully. The shortest route would be a military coup, trial of all past politicians and embezzlers, and the conduct of fair elections. Unfortunately, even the military is getting worse with time, and soon they will be no different from the politician we are trying to get rid of
Re: It's Time For Revolution by busibodi(f): 4:45pm On May 06, 2009
Nigerians will have to solve the problem of Nigeria. Whilst one can hope for minimal bloodshed, I doubt the required change will ever happen peacefully. The shortest route would be a military coup, trial of all past politicians and embezzlers, and the conduct of fair elections. Unfortunately, even the military is getting worse with time, and soon they will be no different from the politician we are trying to get rid of

and what is your conclusion?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 06, 2009
biina:

If you are waiting for an external force to come and set things right in Nigeria, then you should put you matters in order, as you will die waiting. For the governments of the developed countries, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies, all there is, is permanent interests. It was same interests that set us down the path we are on; same interests that maintains our path; and same interests would not support our leaving that path. This also applies to all other African countries, or any country for that matter, that they can sink their teeth into.

Nigerians will have to solve the problem of Nigeria. Whilst one can hope for minimal bloodshed, I doubt the required change  will ever happen peacefully. The shortest route would be a military coup, trial of all past politicians and embezzlers, and the conduct of fair elections. Unfortunately, even the military is getting worse with time, and soon they will be no different from the politician we are trying to get rid of

are you ready to pay for my services.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by MaiSuya(m): 5:03pm On May 06, 2009
See una wide mouth like revolution. . .oya now, make una begin they move, yeye.

In light of this chain of events, the NRC calls for the immediate assassination of the president, his advisers, ministers, Professor Maurice Iwu and other stumbling blocks of democracy. A competent sniper can do it. We believe that like-minded patriots can finance it.[/b]

By the time you kill all these people, who then takes over?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by biina: 5:09pm On May 06, 2009
busi-bodi:

and what is your conclusion?
Is that meant to be a rhetorical question? You highlighted the conclusion, and then asked what it was  undecided
I assume you know the difference between various tenses undecided
Re: It's Time For Revolution by hoeyeadoe: 9:53pm On May 06, 2009
Saint, dis is sm dark assed description, luvd it though.

Revolution! Revolution!! Revolution!!!

it's forward looking to talk about REVOLUTION and inspiring to take the lead and see that others are following.

How do we identify the right recruits for this blessed task, I am very much in, are you? What have you done n what are you duin abt it.

What can we all do together?
Re: It's Time For Revolution by Fhemmmy: 9:58pm On May 06, 2009
I will love to see the revolution and i will surely be part of it.
However, i am not sure Nigeria is ready sha.
Re: It's Time For Revolution by hoeyeadoe: 10:03pm On May 06, 2009
Re: It's Time For Revolution by nolongTing: 11:20pm On May 06, 2009
Lots of valid points but I think the revolution needs to be mental. Nigerian people are simply not dynamic enough, they blame everything on the government. Microsoft probably makes more than Nigeria. Name one piece of original Nigerian technology? All the Phds and MScs etc and the result - nothing. We have got to look at ourselves first. The government dose not have enough tax income, they allow Europeans to extract oil then sell it back to them as petrol, the universities are poor morally and academically; need I go on. So the revolution needs to start in our homes, we need to lead and raise leaders to solve these problems - the clock is ticking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hallelujah! Bakare, Others Predict Better Days In 2010 / Rellocation Of Bori Camp Millitary Barack From Ph To Ogoni / Boko Haram Bomber, Kabir Sokoto, Rearrested At Chad Border?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.