Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption (461 Views)

Presidency Speaks About Presence Of Buhari’s Family In USA / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption by babasolo(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Pastor Williams Kumuyi has commended President Muhammadu Buhari over the fight his administration has launched against corruption in the country.
The general superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry characterized Buhari’s move as a step in the right direction when he spoke with journalists in Abia state on Sunday, October 25, Vanguard reports. The cleric also called for the support of the Nigerian leader noting that with the backing of the citizens, the funds embezzlement would soon be eliminated.
Pastor Williams Kumuyi
“I am a layman when it comes to politics. But from what we can see, I believe that the president is in the right direction and if we support him with our comments and in other ways, I believe that we will see corruption brought down very quickly.”
Regarding the role of the church in the anti-graft war, Kumuyi said:
“When we say the church, we are not just talking about buildings; we are talking of people who come to church and also go to offices. For the church to support the fight against corruption, preachers must teach our people to learn how to contribute positively to the progress of the country wherever they are. If you are a governor, commissioner, teacher, minister and among others; do your best for the country. Don’t think of what you can get out of the place that you are working, but how they can contribute to the place in order to support the efforts of the government.”
Addressing the politicians, he recommended them to follow their promises and remember they are servants of the Nigerians who elected them.
In a recent development some Nigerian clerics announced their plan to hold a national prayer for President Buhari and the incoming ministers. The prayer would aim at seeking God’s favour for the acting administration and its fight against corruption and security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption by chocolateme(f): 10:29am On Oct 27, 2015
One of the most respectable clerics of our time

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption by afanide: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2015
Has Buhari really Fought against any corruption?
Just asking.....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption by BreezyCB(m): 10:31am On Oct 27, 2015
Another One
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption by Gyarados(m): 10:54am On Oct 27, 2015
I dont know, bro
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Speaks About Corruption by POPVT: 11:22am On Oct 27, 2015
PMB has given them(Polytheifians and Public Office Holders) opportunities to Repent. I strongly recommend China style for the adamant ones. To be hanged or thrown off from a cliff without option of fine.
May God Prolong the days of this Man of God. He is one of the few that are still standing for righteousness. I am not sure he has anything/Property in his name yet. God help me too.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Cautions On Nnamdi Azikwe Airport / Tribunal Sacks APC Rep, Declare PDP Candidate Winner / #facts; Believe It Or Not#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.