Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,666 members, 7,837,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory (723 Views)

Paul Arkwright Hangs-Out With JayJay Okocha In Lagos..See Photos / Obafemi Martins Hangs Out With Ronaldinho In Dubai (Photo) / Breaking: Juventus Boss Conte Resigns After United Agree Vidal Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by daksol4ril(m): 4:29pm On May 06, 2009
An Arsenal fan hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Arsenal lost 3-1 to United in the second leg of their semi-final tie.
Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match.
"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.
"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.
Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=643825&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=3888

Guys I am an ardent Arsenal fan as a matter of fact a die-hard one for that matter, but I cannot go to that extent (killing myself because of soccer). House what do you feel?

May God save us from this neo-colonialism in form of soccer (English Premiership and European Champions League etc).
[i][/i]
Re: Gunners Fan Hangs Himself After United Victory by Cristalz(f): 4:47pm On May 06, 2009
Hey. . .there's a thread here on this already. Please search before posting.

(1)

Eagles No More Africa’s Best —osaze Odemwingie / How And Where Can I Participate In The Nsl / African Nations Cup: Nigeria Can Win The Tournament - Shaibu Amodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.