Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,443 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

"How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) (2990 Views)

What Is Song Structure? / New Flute Sensation Gerald Caught Blending With Old Tarlent! / Why You Need To Write Down Your Song With A Beat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
They call me Fnep Shevoo© which consists of names and dreams. I started writing song when i was little.
::
I got inspired into music because I was moved by my brother song's collection.Most times, I try to focus my song on the way people live around me.
Writing my songs comes from my inner heart, even when people tries to say something to bring down my morals by saying things like "Your kind of song can't sell here, you got to change" but when I tries to give them examples of young and old talented artist, who write good songs. They keep saying " Your kind of song can't sell here, you got to change"
I record my song with my old IBM LAPTOP through a software call "Audacity". This has been my mode of recording songs because I can't afford a studio section (very funny). But what keeps coming to my mind is there words " Your song can't sell here, you got to change" But what if I don't wonna change? What if I still believed in the pattern I flow?
Now, how can I create a brand that will be accepted by the general public? How can I send out word to people around me, when people keep telling me to change my pattern of song? All this keep running on my mind and i need your answers please.
I mix all his song with an old IBM laptop with a software call "Audacity".
Below are my start up pix?
By the way, My names are Ekenma Peter Nwabueze
( Fnep Shevoo )
Currently in Imo State
I speak Igbo , English and Yoruba.
I will only paste 10 songs that I did with my laptop with no tools, i will also drop some links of the song i did in this first page for easy review and comments.
Please follow my thread for more information. Below is how my journey starts
******** 1st Song ******

Fnep Shevoo - The Intro

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo41oywy46v6o9a/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20The%20Intro.mp3?dl=0

******** 2nd Song******

Fnep Shevoo - I Don't Love You

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d77fhaep0qjnkl/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20I%20Don%27t%20Love%20You.mp3?dl=0
****** 3rd Song ********

Fnep Shevoo - Relax

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgpxgtbm7yjne2y/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20Relax.mp3?dl=0
******** 4th Song *******

Fnep Shevoo - Can't Stay Here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhmzugq0fdy2u9a/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20Cant%20Stay%20Here.mp3?dl=0
********* 5th Song *******

Fnep Shevoo - No more

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0h6pkwcs1rd1gh/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20No%20More.mp3?dl=0
******** 6th Song *******

Fnep Shevoo - Look Alive

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp7q6onofgapuq5/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20Look%20Alive.mp3?dl=0
********* 7th Song ******

Fnep Shevoo - Rap With The Devil

https://www.dropbox.com/s/km94skc56sga419/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20Rap%20With%20The%20Devil.mp3?dl=0
********* 8th Song *******

Fnep Shevoo - They Keep Feeling It

https://www.dropbox.com/s/do4n1vqnidm5j76/Fnep%20Shevoo%20-%20They%20Keep%20Feeling%20It.mp3?dl=0
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
First Pix

This is an old IBM laptop
512mb Ram, 40gb hard disk and it run on window Xp.

I call her my "BEST FRIEND"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is my HeadPhone I need to listen to my voice when recording with the inbuilt laptop Mic.

The next item is my mouse and this is all I need to create a well standard music production without the help any electrical or music instrument.

Least I forget. shocked

You need a software calI "Audacity"

So let's make history.

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is my music NOTE and how I line up the song you are about to hear now.
Mind blowing

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
ok let get it started

right now i will be recording a song from the instrumental i got on soundcloud

below is the screen shot of the process.

after i will show you how i did it and the link for you to check how good the quality of the song gonna be.

without a studio you can still make good song if only you are creative.

recording in process.............

God bless technology

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
What am about to show you is creativity even when you don't have money to push up your dream.

The instrumental was gotten on SoundCloud

Producer Name : Spence Mills.......

Great guy....... I love his works. Hope to work with him someday wink

This song was inspired by my First Relationship in school.. 100L then.

Happy listening.

Fnep Shevoo - I Don't Love You
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
lalasticlala

lalasticlala

Please your help is needed here......
I need to know what people thinks about my work.

It's also I way in helping in developing there dream from scratch.
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
this is the screenshot of how the process is going when you are recording with this awesome software

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
if you are an artist who solely relay on autotune grin
this software is a bad luck for you, you can only one work on your natural sweet voice ( if you have one )
and if you don't have a good voice, you can just stick to your expensive studio auto tune and leave this software for the broke A*s Nigg* like us to work with.

one thing i love about this software is the ability to edit all your work from
*noise remover
*sound filter
*compressor
*normalizing
*Mixing ( this one is my favorite ) you need it when you are through with the above tools or effect.
*etc

screenshot below

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
am waiting for your comment please
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 6:36am On Dec 14, 2015
pls try and comment.

Doing this songs alone on a laptop is not easy. Download it and give me ur feed back

seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by Djicemob: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2015
I tried using this software back in the days but i later felt it was a waste of time cos i couldnt mix voice notes but i love it,software seem user friendly.

God bless your hustle and your music,be encouraged,gather mic experience from this so when you get into the real studio you wont be fidgety and all.

Am coming back to modify when i hear your works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2015
Djicemob:
I tried using this software back in the days but i later felt it was a waste of time cos i couldnt mix voice notes but i love it,software seem user friendly.

God bless your hustle and your music,be encouraged,gather mic experience from this so when you get into the real studio you wont be fidgety and all.

Am coming back to modify when i hear your works.
thanks bro............ The software is the best for beginner who wish to know about how to grow and write good song.

Pls don't forget to repost ur review.
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by agadez007(m): 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
where did you get the audacity software,did u download or buy the disc,?pls i need it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
agadez007:
where did you get the audacity software,did u download or buy the disc,?pls i need it
Google it... Its free and work fine with in-built Mic or external Mic from ur laptop
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
agadez007:
did you download any of my songs? If you did, how was it ?
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
You should atleast comment on the songs you downloaded
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by LilDonne(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Audacity, OK... CUBASE, Better..... FL STUDIO, THE BEST...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Background noise. Ur noise gate too seems to be too much o bros

3 Likes

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
Song still can't............
Fnep Shevoo ©
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by McDarela(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2016
Can u add effect to the voice as Cubase? pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
McDarela:
Can u add effect to the voice as Cubase? pls
Yea.... There are lots of effect to fine tune your voice. Just try it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by chyckxx(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
nice one bro, keep it up. I'm a music artist too.
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
chyckxx:
nice one bro, keep it up. I'm a music artist too.
Thanks...... Did you check out the songs?
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by chyckxx(m): 6:39am On Jul 02, 2016
fnep2smooth:

Thanks...... Did you check out the songs?
I'll do that when I buy a data bundle
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
You didn't explain how the whole editing stuff work.. Like step by step tutorial to get the best out of it.. Nice songs..
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
fighal:
You didn't explain how the whole editing stuff work..
Like step by step tutorial to get the best out of it..
Nice songs..
ok.... the software is user friendly so its so easy to work with
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
fnep2smooth:

ok.... the software is user friendly so its so easy to work with
Lyk seriously?
Bro I've had Audacity 4 over a year now, it wasn't easy to use at first until I watch some youtube videos.. Truth is I'm not even close to being a pro.. So I was wondering hw u did ur songs with it
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by fnep2smooth(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
fighal:
Lyk seriously?
Bro I've had Audacity 4 over a year now, it wasn't easy to use at first until I watch some youtube videos.. Truth is I'm not even close to being a pro.. So I was wondering hw u did ur songs with it
lol.... its very easy . just work on the effect and have a good mic [inbuit mic or external ]
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by cruzydal(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Right now im almost a pro in audacity . Have been using it for about 3 -4 years now.. you need to download some other stuffs on it.. like reverb .. atomic reverb is the best it gives the song life.. gsnap autotune too.
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
cruzydal:
Right now im almost a pro in audacity . Have been using it for about 3 -4 years now.. you need to download some other stuffs on it.. like reverb .. atomic reverb is the best it gives the song life.. gsnap autotune too.
can u share links to the songs u made with Audacity?
Re: "How A Nairalander Mix and Produce is Song with Old IBM Laptop" (pic) by cruzydal(m): 6:52am On Jul 05, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banky W Strong Thing Instrumental Remake Pro By D Xpen6iv / DOWNLOAD ALBUM/ZIP/ EP: Bella Shmurda – High Tension / DOWNLOAD MP3: Hayan Ft. Bella Shmurda, Hotkid – My Mother Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.