Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style (1033 Views)

Chadic Group Of Languages. / It Is Not Yet Known Which Group / Why do some Somalians seem to have an Overinflated Sense Of Ego? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by omonnakoda: 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
One would have thought the answer to this question is obvious and straightforward.But typically Nigerians will find a way to dispute the most obvious facts
Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by heywhyho(f): 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by Blizzy9ja: 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
This OP is either dull, bored or very jobless... I know wat u're looking 4
Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
This OP is either dull, bored or very jobless... I know wat u're looking 4
No. In this case. I think d op isn't being tribalistic. Every tribe has tthat one thing they r good at better than d other a.
as to d ops a, I think it's the yorubas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
For the males, it's Benin guys. For the females, it's Yoruba girls.
Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by cocoama(f): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
I do not know much about Nigerian tribes but from what I have personally noticed I think the Yorubas dress really well

2 Likes

Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by somegirl1: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
In no particular order Igbo (women mainly), Urhobo (men mainly), Bini (women mainly), Ijaw (men mainly), Efik (women mainly), Ibibio (men mainly), Yoruba men, Hausa men.

1 Like

Re: Which Group Of Nigerians Has The Best Dress Sense And Style by somegirl1: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
One would have thought the answer to this question is obvious and straightforward.But typically Nigerians will find a way to dispute the most obvious facts

If it was so obvious why start the topic?
Perception of style is subjective and relative. No single style is appealing to all.
I have said before about the yoruba iro and buba, which I believe is your choice, it is rather basic. I detest the fact that it doesn't allow for versatility, it is too forgiving (perfect for hiding lumps and bumps), not figure flattering. I wouldn't mind this style while I'm pregnant and before I lose the excess weight.
As a woman who is body proud, my preference is fitted clothes and unique styles that stand out, therefore my obvious choice will not be your obvious choice.
Each to their own

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The History Of Adire Textile / Are We Losing Our Language And Identity? / I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.