Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan (1033 Views)

List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) / Akeredolu Dissolves Ondo Council Of Obas, Appoints Olugbo Akinruntan As New Chai / Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Nobody: 6:52am On May 05, 2019
THE Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom in Ondo State, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, is a controversial personality.

While the dust of his disagreement with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, on the origin of Igbo people from Ile-Ife was yet to settle, his installation of “Yoruba Obas in Diaspora” has ignited another fire.

The three men crowned by Akinruntan are the Oriade of Georgia, Oba Bernard Shola Akinrimisi; the traditional ruler of Yoruba in Liberia, Oba Omobolaji Ogunkoya, Oodua Gbadewolu I, and the traditional ruler of Yoruba in the Republic of Ireland, Oba Saheed Ibrahim Adufe. At the installation held at his palace in Ugboland, Akinruntan said, “I am ready to crown more kings from the Diaspora as long as I remain the number one king in Yorubaland. I am the custodian of the Yoruba culture. “I am going to give more Obas in the Diaspora crowns. Many of them will get crowns and staff of office from me and nobody can query me. They know that I’m a special Oba in Yorubaland. My father, Oba Makin Osangangan, is the owner of Ife. “I am the leader of all Obas in Yorubaland. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yorubaland in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife. “I’m going to celebrate 10 years on the throne; people should go and prepare. I don’t want people to wear suit to my coronation anniversary because I’m a Yoruba Oba. The coronation will be a special celebration because I’m preparing for it and people will come from all over the country to celebrate with me”. Responding on behalf of those installed as monarchs at the occasion, Ogunkoya appealed to the Federal Government to include Diaspora traditional rulers in the scheme of things so as to give them the financial wherewithal and moral rectitude to help their people. Ogunkoya said, “The challenges in the Diaspora are many, but with our little resources, we will do our best. Meanwhile, one of the things we need to do in the Diaspora is to unite our people and give them a sense of belonging”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/i-am-the-leader-of-all-obas-in-yorubaland-oba-akinruntan/

Fulaman198, odumchi, bigfrancis21
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Nobody: 6:54am On May 05, 2019
So we have small obas and big obas.....ok ooo
They are now crowning obas in diaspora....oba of Yoruba in Liberia....
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Niyeal(m): 7:13am On May 05, 2019
Lobbish
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by iammo(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2019
angry

This ondo king like wahala gaan. He has been looking for who to fight since,

First he ordered the beating of Ibo Eze for daring to wear crown in his domain,

Then he called out Oni of ife and Moremi.

Now this
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Bakeroy: 7:27am On May 05, 2019
This is wrong. Obas in diaspora.
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Mynd44: 7:36am On May 05, 2019
iammo:
angry

This ondo king like wahala gaan. He has been looking for who to fight since,

First he ordered the beating of Ibo Eze for daring to wear crown in his domain,

Then he called out Oni of ife and Moremi.

Now this

They are different people. The King involved in the Eze Ndigbo debacle is the Deji of Akure.

This one just wants attention and a pacifier

2 Likes

Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by wirinet(m): 7:37am On May 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:
So we have small obas and big obas.....ok ooo

They are now crowning obas in diaspora....oba of Yoruba in Liberia....

Yorubas now want to compete with igbos on installing kings in foreign lands. Since there is eze indigbo of Liberia, why should there not be Oba Yoruba of Liberia?

2 Likes

Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by seunmsg(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2019
The delusional and attention seeking Olugbo never still get sense. Obat that cannot be the leader of Obas in Ondo State is claiming to lead all other Obas in Yorubaland.
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by iammo(m): 7:44am On May 05, 2019
Mynd44:

They are different people. The King involved in the Eze Ndigbo debacle is the Deji of Akure.

This one just wants attention and a pacifier
Ok, thought it was him

Some of this kings are really bored, its time we start utilizing them, perhaps apoint them to head customary and majistrate courts after required training.

Or use.them for Secuirity Inteligence.gathering.in their domains and locations, since they already share out of local goverment allocation, yet doing nothing
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by IkpuMmadu: 8:04am On May 05, 2019
Yoruba kings and pettiness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Nobody: 8:06am On May 05, 2019
wirinet:

Yorubas now want to compete with igbos on installing kings in foreign lands. Since there is eze indigbo of Liberia, why should there not be Oba Yoruba of Liberia?

They coronated three at once...liberia, Georgia, ireland....and more to come within the week.

Lolzzzzz
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by Nobody: 10:40am On May 05, 2019
And someone rushed and moved this beautiful and educating thread to culture section.

Wonderful, u try.
Re: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland – Oba Akinruntan by BlackfireX: 3:54pm On May 06, 2019
Call him crazy, he is right.

When oduduwa came to Ife, he meet the people, how he was able to usurp them is story for another day.

When people say they are Yoruba , I laugh at there sophisticated foolery, nothing like Yoruba, it was a derogatory word from a northerner.

(1) (Reply)

Ankara Corporate Attires That Would Boost Your Confidence / Do You Remember This, What Do Call It? / 5 Foreign Country That Speaks Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.