Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Which Inverter And Battery Should I Purchase? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Inverter And Battery Should I Purchase? (940 Views)

Your Inverter May Become Useless soon (Solar, Inverter and battery thread) / Inverter And Battery From N80,000 | Pay On Delivery. / Repair Of Ups,inverter And Rechargeablefan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Inverter And Battery Should I Purchase? by francizy(m): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dear Nairalander Electrical Engineers, Solar Engineers, dealers, etc, kindly help me to answer these questions and advise me on which to get,

With 100k - 120k, am looking at getting an inverter with a battery (or two) that'd

- last long in service
- carry a standing fan, energy saver bulb and charge my devices such as: laptop and phones
- do I need a charge controller?
- what capacity best suits the stuffs I mentioned above (fan, bulb, and charging of devices)?

Went thru JUMIA and saw a 2.4KVa inverter from Mercury, so I ask,
- can this serve the purpose?
- is Mercury a trusted brand?
- what battery capacity do I buy for this? One 200Ah or two 200Ah SMF batteries?
- what's the inverter types? pure sine wave, modified sine wave?
- Are inverters built for gen/phcn alone and for solar alone? If yes, how do I differentiate them?

Kindly lecture me on the above listed guys, thanks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Inverter And Battery Should I Purchase? by Judejibs: 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
With 100k - 120k, am looking at getting an inverter with a battery (or two) that'd

- last long in service
- carry a standing fan, energy saver bulb and charge my devices such as: laptop and phones
- what capacity best suits the stuffs I mentioned above (fan, bulb, and charging of devices)?

- what battery capacity do I buy for this? One 200Ah or two 200Ah SMF batteries?
- Are inverters built for gen/phcn alone and for solar alone? If yes, how do I differentiate them?

-Mercury Inverter is ok, it is a high freuency inverter hence will work well for the equipments you listed.mind you it is a 1.4kW inverter hence dont load it beyond that 1.2kW.
-It has a charge current of 10/20A, it is a 24 system considering the amount you plan on, I advice you get 2 batteries of either 65AH or 40AH to ensure proper charging.
-Mercury 2.4 inverter is a pure sine wave inverter
-Inverters are built to convert DC to AC(Direct current to Alternating current), the gen/phcn is to enable supply to your loads while taking a little current to charge your batteries
-For solar, it is basically for charging your batteries while you use them(with the help of a charge regulator.
-you can buy FullRiver Batteries directly from the distributors www.idyllictechnologies.com call 08030675747
Re: Which Inverter And Battery Should I Purchase? by Obeenah(m): 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
Judejibs:

- last long in service

-Mercury Inverter is ok, it is a high freuency inverter hence will work well for the equipments you listed.mind you it is a 1.4kW inverter hence dont load it beyond that 1.2kW.
-It has a charge current of 10/20A, it is a 24 system considering the amount you plan on, I advice you get 2 batteries of either 65AH or 40AH to ensure proper charging.
-Mercury 2.4 inverter is a pure sine wave inverter
-Inverters are built to convert DC to AC(Direct current to Alternating current), the gen/phcn is to enable supply to your loads while taking a little current to charge your batteries
-For solar, it is basically for charging your batteries while you use them(with the help of a charge regulator.
-you can buy FullRiver Batteries directly from the distributors www.idyllictechnologies.com call 08030675747

Good day!

Why not get a complete Solar energy system instead? I personally would not subscribe to getting an Inverter system especially via the online order platform.

Truth be told. An Inverter is only a broken down solar energy system. By that I mean rather than sell you the complete system early alternative power providers decided to sell you only the inverter and battery at a reduced price.

The downside to this is that you still would require an alternative source to charge and also the inverter normally does not come with a charge controller hence your batteries never last as they should.

I'd personally advice you get a 1kw solar system which would guarantee you satisfaction and from a company which can provide both warranty on components and after sales services.

Typically the 1kw system comes with 4x 250watts solar panels. 2x 200 ah batteries inverter and charge controller all for the price of N750,000 payable in 24months installmental payments of 21,820 monthly.

You can reach out to ask forward questions on 08035125915 or Email : victor.nwosu@solynta.com.ng

Regards

(1) (Reply)

SONY Handycam Camcorder And Samsung Sx360 Camera For Sale At Cheap Rate / Sharp Deal For Sharp Buyer Ipad 4 32GB Wi-fi Only / T-shirt Printing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.