Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Ex-akwa Ibom Governor, Attah Quits Partisan Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-akwa Ibom Governor, Attah Quits Partisan Politics (560 Views)

Ex Akwa Ibom State Speaker Donates Bountifully To His Constituency (photos) / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-akwa Ibom Governor, Attah Quits Partisan Politics by manuch(m): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2015
A one-time Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Obong Victor Attah on Tuesday announced his retirement from partisan politics to enable him play the role of an elder statesman.

Attah was the governor of the state under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from May 29, 1999 to May 29, 2007 and handed over to the immediate past governor, Obong Godswill Obot Akpaibo, now Senator.

He said people should not misconstrue his action to mean that he has decamped from PDP to the opposition All Progressive Party (APC) or any other party, saying he was only a committed professional in politics and not a career politician.

Addressing a press conference in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, organized by the Akwa Ibom Liberation Coalition in his honour, the former governor said when he clocks 77 years on November 20, he automatically enter the age of an elder statesman.

“I can formally state that I have quit partisan politics to play the role of an elder statesman and to continue to serve this country with love, strength, and faith with integrity to the best of my ability.

“Let nobody take this to mean that I want to remain in the Peoples Democratic Party or therefore jump to the opposite conclusion that I am going over to APC or any other party for that matter,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Ex-akwa Ibom Governor, Attah Quits Partisan Politics by oatzeal(m): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Students Produce Mini Bus / Femi Adesina And His Many Lies / More Photos From The Ministerial Retreat As Buhari Charges Ministers-designate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.