Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Chief Judge Collects Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Judge Collects Bribe (1230 Views)

One Civil Servant Collects 20 Salaries - Finance Minister / V.P Osinbajo Receives Chief Judge Of Nigeria & Chief Justices In State House(pix / Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Odeku(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2006
Nigeria? what is going on in Ekiti? now the chief judge presiding over the corruption practice is accused of collecting 15 Million bribe. where is the integrity to uphold the law? is this why Fayose was boasting he can and will never be impeach?

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=60451
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by BlackMamba(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2006
If the kitchen cabinet in Aso Rock wants him gone, he's gone. Bribe or no bribe. That's the sad reality in Naija. We know who pulls the strings.
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Odeku(m): 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2006
But that just shows what king of leaders and people we are electing to office, the governor is a smoking gun and is ready to take as many people down with him, why will a chief judge of the state succumb his career to collecting bribe in such a high profile case?
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by ONOVO(m): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2006
Obviously, the law-makers have reached the conclusion that the governor and the deputy governor are guilty. Recent events have revealed that these legislators act either when their positions are threatened by EFCC or when they are cajoled by the powers to be. The corruption in the system is beyond the understanding of most Nigerians and it has became a great challenge to all God fearing people who love our country.

This is not the first time the Chief Judge of a state in Nigeria is accused of collecting bribe, IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME FOR A THIEF TO ACCUSE SOMEONE OF STEALING. HE WHO WANTS EQUITY SHOULD COME TO EQUITY WITH CLEAN HANDS.

In 2007, we MUST ensure that all these Odili's, Attahs, Kalu's, Gana's, Atiku, OBJ, IBB etc. who have failed woefully in government do not return to power. Its not impossible to STOP them. I have made up my mind to vote and also protect my vote.
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Odeku(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2006
Good point dude, we going to stop all this criminals in human skin. its just sad everyday there is corruption news in Nigeria is that all we know?
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by lewa(m): 2:57am On Oct 13, 2006
Wouldn't be the first time someone is collecting some kola by a member of the bench,
afterall the last CJ was fingered to have received some chinchin from the destoyer from Asaba.
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Odeku(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2006
What will be the appropriate action to be taken against this Chief judge for his disloyalty?
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Ndipe(m): 3:51am On Oct 16, 2006
Nothing about Naija and money fazes me anymore.
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by ono(m): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2006
Ndipe,
Me too. I've seen and heard enuf of em, that I'm no longer puzzled by anything!
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Ndipe(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2006
Odeku, how old you be sef? Arent you from Naija? why are you acting all surprised about this scandal, as it if is a new precedent in Naija? Not that I am condoning this practise, but it is not newsy. Quit belaboring over it on this forum and seek a more appropriate angle to address it.
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by Odeku(m): 3:12am On Oct 20, 2006
Well you got a point there, I guess I should have known, but I thought the CJ will be scared of RIbadu calling to wake him up too. tongue
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by creamdream: 4:25am On Jun 12, 2008
judges are human, anybady can collect bribe lipsrsealed
Re: Chief Judge Collects Bribe by MethodMan3(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2008
Corruption has eaten deep into all parastatals

The Minister of Justice dey wallow in corruption money, why common chief judge sef no go demand for him own?!

Born-bastards and bomboclaats!

(1) (Reply)

Duke Lacrosse Players / Ribadu As The New Inspector General Of Police, What Do You Think? / Obasanjo Has Failed Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.