Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? (3482 Views)

*~Coogar Voted European Football Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Why Is Israel In European Football / Biggest Match Fixing Scandal In European Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by MrCrackles(m): 4:35pm On May 08, 2009
Topic

It is pathetic isnt it?! sad

Referees do make mistakes however i can say that most are professional enough to do the job effectively and by the books

Also i dont think it is applicable to Europe only, it is definitely all over where the round leather is kicked competitively!
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 11:29pm On May 08, 2009
lol, it was so sweet seeing how chelsea fans cried, all the agberos mellow and couldnt even talk, even a 9 years old boy could beat a full flesh agbero that yesterday, they were SOOOOOSO inferior after the match.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by chidichris(m): 8:53am On May 10, 2009
in football, a team not making use of their chances has never been an excuse. it is ok if we say there was no conspiracy. it is equally ok if we say uefa had no hand in it but let us see when next that particular refree will be on stage again for uefa. the did has been done. i must confess here that i am yet to recover from the shock of that game. bayern was very clever in their games until they met barca. barca felt the heat in the two games against chelsea against the wishes of 90% of football fans all over the world. football is not all about what we think. my prayers is that i lost interest in this game as i have not had contact with my sports chanels since wenesday.
platini in all his comments since inception never liked chelsea.
all the same, the first time i know about norwagians in sports was when morgan fraudulently sold mikel to man u and earned himself a cool jail term and the second time is a norwagian refree in a semi final game between chelsea and barca.
if this is how platini is going to handle the affairs of uefa, i am sorry the game is going down as i have never seen such an officiating in the history of football even in our nigerian league that is not possible.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 9:52am On May 10, 2009
Chelsea should be banned from European football.

Their fans have been sending death threats to the Ovredo guy again the same way they did with Anders Frisk in 2005.

Why do we have bitches all over the place crying and whining like IDIOTS

The referee for France 1998 finals between France and Brazil was from Morroco

The ref for US 1994 finals was from Hungary

so those whining about using a Norwegian as a ref are simply ignorants and sapheads
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by otokx(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2009
Why did they want to win via penalty even with a man advantage? The referee to me performed above average in that Chelsea - Barcelona game. He had split seconds to take decisions in a very charged atmosphere and its not like he even overruled his linesmen who also did not see all those wayo penalties.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by ozzyb: 11:38am On May 10, 2009
What are you talking about? If someone deserves a penalty it should be given. There can be errors due to the pressure but when you make 4 of such errors you deserve to leave London the way he did.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 1:54am On May 11, 2009
ozzyb:

What are you talking about? If someone deserves a penalty it should be given. There can be errors due to the pressure but when you make 4 of such errors you deserve to leave London the way he did.

and in a case where a penalty is not given, do you stop playing?
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by ozzyb: 1:58am On May 11, 2009
well, it depends on what you saw on Wednesday. Did they stop?
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 2:51am On May 11, 2009
they refused to take their chances by not scoring, evidence is the sub
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 4:36am On May 11, 2009
The major mistake made by the ref was the undeserved red card to Abidal and Barca aint whining about it
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by ozzyb: 1:22pm On May 11, 2009
I don't even know what you guys are talking about. Malouda was choked in the box and brought down. He blew the whistle. It's either one of two things. Blow against Malouda for simulation or for Malouda for penalty. But noo he gave him the foul outside the box. The Pundit on tv analysed it and showed the ref's 4 faults and you here and saying something different because of bias.

The referee was smuggled out of London for his safety and all I'm saying is that to some extent he deserved it.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by chidichris(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2009
I don't even know what you guys are talking about. Malouda was choked in the box and brought down. He blew the whistle. It's either one of two things. Blow against Malouda for simulation or for Malouda for penalty. But noo he gave him the foul outside the box. The Pundit on tv analysed it and showed the ref's 4 faults and you here and saying something different because of bias.

The referee was smuggled out of London for his safety and all I'm saying is that to some extent he deserved it.

ozzyb,
i know u are talking soccer but that thing (dayokanu) claims to live in the usa hence he talks american football which are two different ball games.
please let there be peace. for soccer fans, let us wait and see when next that particular refree will be at the centre of
any pitch to officiate a match.
while the game was on, i wrote it in one of the threads here that that was a consipiracy becaue i know platini for once never liked chelsea and english football.
even barca fans including pique himself later accepted the penalty when he delibrately handled the ball inside the box. what is the difference between the penalty given to juventus against chelsea and the last minute foul on etoo on wednesday?
platini has seriously brought in questions to the game of football.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 11, 2009
chidichris,
The only reason a conspiracy (whatever that means as regards the chelsea/barca tie) seems believeable is because of platini's apparent bias against anything English.Chelsea themselves didn't cover themselves in any glory judging by their response.i just wonder why the referees always get death threats from Chelsea fans.this is the second time.na only them dey?
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On May 11, 2009
Una still dey for this chelski issue?
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 1:47am On May 12, 2009
Eastbay,

Thank you oh!!!

Na only Chelsea dey for Europe wey be say anytime dem lose na to dey threaten referee?

Their players would be chasing refs all over and their coaches making stupid comments.

Platini does not like English football, what did he do to stop an all English final last year. Bias? Didnt they award CR7 a penalty under 3 minutes at Nou Camp, yet Barcelona players are not up in arms but when its Chelseas turn, All hell would be let loose
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by Nobody: 7:52am On May 12, 2009
dayoK,
When I mention bias,it's refering to some statements he has made in the past:e.g. english clubs are ruining football and all that kind of talk.

personally,Guus Hiddink surprised me with his comments after the game.Thought he was above all that.
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2009
Eastbay,

Have you seen Guus Hindicks responses and compared it to what he said when he was on the other side as coach of Korea?

If Platini does not like English football that did not make him stop an all English finals last year or stop CR7 from winning all the awards.

Platinis favourite team is Juventus for obvious reasons but all he can do is to make comments and support Juventus I dont think he has anything to do with what happens on the field.

If he did, Chiellini wont be given a red card against Chelsea in Turin and when Chiellini was red carded, Juve players didnt chase the ref all over, Ranieiri did not make stupid claims and the fans in Turin did not send death threats. Why must it be that everytime Chelsea losses a ref has to be threatened?

If I were to be in UEFA, I would advocate another Heysel like ban for the EPL!!!!! cool cool cool cool

At least the whole league suffered for the sins of Liverpool
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by akinalabi(m): 12:47am On May 24, 2009
I thought they do not complain about referees in other leagues
and that they take bad decisions in good fate  grin

Guardiola went bonkers against Osasuna and got a red card and a fan
ran unto the field  and held his finger to the referee's head  shocked
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by Sauron1: 12:59am On May 24, 2009
akinalabi:

Guardiola went bonkers against Osasuna and got a red card and a fan
ran unto the field  and held his finger to the referee's head 
shocked

That will never happen in the EPL.
Did u see Xavi swearing at the ref?? Buncha hooligans.
Barcelona's defence is a joke. . . . . . .Vidic, Rio, Ronaldo should be licking their lips. tongue
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by jalether(m): 1:33am On May 24, 2009
dayotwatnu, do us all a favour n SHUT THE **** UP, all you

do is rant like a monkey on marijuanna abt the EPL, when has

the basketball and American football loving fans become so obsessed

with football or should i call it soccer, n i dont care if u support bayern munich

either
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 2:36am On May 24, 2009
Another lunatic is on the loose.

How they managed to gather so many IDIOTS together and call them EPL fans should be the next wonder of the world
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by kayality: 5:57pm On May 24, 2009
England refs are poor generally not in league only also in International matches ,cant u guy see wat they do to Nigerian at last edition of under 20 world cup in Canada against
chile, they are poor let accept it

England ref also issue three yellow card for one player at a match, haba haba is on fear, they are not standard in any competition
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by jalether(m): 11:01pm On May 24, 2009
a certified retard calling someone a lunatic, if the EPL and its fans bother you

so much, here is an advice for you why dont you just go jump into the lagoon a**hole cool
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by RuuDie(m): 5:51am On May 25, 2009
Well. . . . .  you don't have to be a genius to figure out the "genesis" of this thread - UCL semi-final / Barca - Chelsea!

At 1-0, y'all didn't raise so much fuss about penalty appeals. . . . .  at 1-0, y'all didn't remember that a Barca player was wrongly red-carded. . . . .

Chelskites. . . . . . just blame your UCL ouster on DROGBA - the ref did an excellent, made some mistakes but he handled that match well enough!
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by RuuDie(m): 5:55am On May 25, 2009
Why, if i may ask, would Michel Platini have a reason to NOT LIKE CHELSEA
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by eldee(m): 10:00am On May 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

That will never happen in the EPL.
Did u see Xavi swearing at the ref?? Buncha hooligans.
Barcelona's defence is a joke. . . . . . .Vidic, Rio, Ronaldo should be licking their lips. tongue
For heaven's sake Gurdiola was swearing at the refree in ENGLISH!!!!
English is his fourth language . . . but that's the easiest way he knew he could get to the refree

And Dayo's calling them saints . . . na wa oo

I know EPL teams get really passionate bout winning the UCL
Why won't we?? It's our birthright for God's sake
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2009
eldee:

I know EPL teams get really passionate bout winning the UCL
Why won't we?? It's our birthright for God's sake

your birthright, yet you were trailing the Italy and Spain until last year abi? funny. sad
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by eldee(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2009
honeric01:

your birthright, yet you were trailing the Italy and Spain until last year abi? funny. sad

Point of correction, we were trailing until the Rafa-lution
Since Istanbul, we've dominated . . . that was the rebirth of the EPL in Europe . . .

And yeah, it's our birthright, it's just like Madrid of the past . . . it's the turn of the EPL now
Next ten years, the era'll prolly be over, that's why we have to gather as many trophies as we can before then
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2009
eldee:

Point of correction, we were trailing until the Rafa-lution
Since Istanbul, we've dominated . . . that was the rebirth of the EPL in Europe . . .

And yeah, it's our birthright, it's just like Madrid of the past . . . it's the turn of the EPL now
Next ten years, the era'll prolly be over, that's why we have to gather as many trophies as we can before then

EPL can never do that, your dominance was suppose to start in 2005, unfortunately, BARCELONA and AC MILAN broke into the show, so sorry, nothing for you dude, maybe in like 20 year's time, you can talk about the epl dominance, when Madrid did theirs, it was 5 trophies in a role bro, wake up, one club 5 trophies with no interruption, that's what we call DOMINANCE bro
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2009
Well. . . . . you don't have to be a genius to figure out the "genesis" of this thread - UCL semi-final / Barca - Chelsea!

At 1-0, y'all didn't raise so much fuss about penalty appeals. . . . . at 1-0, y'all didn't remember that a Barca player was wrongly red-carded. . . . .

Chelskites. . . . . . just blame your UCL ouster on DROGBA - the ref did an excellent, made some mistakes but he handled that match well enough!

Ruudie i one of the few sensible EPL fans left The ref was not biased in giving Abidal a red card but was when denying penalty appeals?

RIDICULOUS!!
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by honeric01(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2009
uhm
Re: Poor Refereeing In European Football: What's Your Take? by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On May 25, 2009
In the first leg when Henry was denied a penalty and Ballack was denied a red card This topic didnt come up right?

Pathetic LOSERS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stoke City (1) Vs Chelsea (1) On Saturday September 12 / Fulham Vs Manchester United [3-0] On Saturday 19th Dec / Southampton Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 16th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.