Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Igbo Men Vs Akpu - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Igbo Men Vs Akpu (12609 Views)

Akpu And Its Effect / Wheat VS Garri VS Semovita VS Akpu / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 3:03am On May 07, 2009
Igbo men consume 90% of the whole cassava planted in Nigeria. Why? Do they know the amount of calories one pound of akpu contains?. Cassava is one food God used to bless poor Africa because it grows from planting the stem alone unlike yams, cocoyam, potatoes etc but the way igbo men consume it, there is still scarcity of cassava to go round in Nigeria. Why igbo women dey fear to choppam still beats me.  Especially igbos from Anambra, Delta and  Enugu states are the highest akpu eating creatures on earth . Umu nna m, wetin una see for cassava?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by OgidiBoy(m): 3:07am On May 07, 2009
It makes us perform well. Ask our women and they will tell you we tigers in bed.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 3:19am On May 07, 2009
I thought it's the calabar and the rivers people that love Apku? and i thought it is the igbo people that love garri?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by Sissy3(f): 3:36am On May 07, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

[b]Igbo men consume 90% of the whole cassava planted in Nigeria. [/b]Why? Do they know the amount of calories one pound of akpu contains?. Cassava is one food God used to bless poor Africa because it grows from planting the stem alone unlike yams, cocoyam, potatoes etc but the way igbo men consume it, there is still scarcity of cassava to go round in Nigeria. Why igbo women dey fear to choppam still beats me.  Especially igbos from Anambra, Delta and  Enugu states are the highest akpu eating creatures on earth . Umu nna m, wetin una see for cassava?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

how did u come to this conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

how did u come to this conclusion.

i tire ooo angry angry

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On May 07, 2009
Akpuing and big stouting. . . . . grin grin grin

Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 11:28am On May 07, 2009
Starch and palm kernel soup coupled with dried fish or maybe pounded yam egusi soup with some wicked fresh fish will do me,

don't have time for apku with the wicked scent that goes with it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by chrisical(m): 8:07pm On May 07, 2009
Akpu for life grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by ifyalways(f): 12:54am On May 08, 2009
dat one no look like correct akpu ooooo shocked correct akpu suppose dey white not milky/yellowish. undecided
@Poster,how did u get ur statistics Plus methinks Urhobo and Ijaw ppl are the worst offenders when it comes to akpu.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 2:26am On May 08, 2009
akpu/fufu/whatever . . . eeeeewww cheesy grin. Now if u're talking about amala . . .
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 3:24am On May 08, 2009
Amala black or amala white?
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 7:23am On May 08, 2009
honeric01:

Amala black or amala white?

black of course, what do u think? cheesy tongue. . . .But let's not start bc we'd have to put up a whole new thread for amala. This is the foofoo thread, remember lipsrsealed grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 8:07am On May 08, 2009
sugabelle:

black of course, what do u think? cheesy tongue. . . .But let's not start bc we'd have to put up a whole new thread for amala. This is the foofoo thread, remember lipsrsealed grin

Lol, foofoo? what is that? you meant fufu well, i like both type of AMALA, when the soup is put in the same plate with the amala, draw soup is the best for amala grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 8:59am On May 08, 2009
honeric01:

Lol,  foofoo? what is that? you meant fufu  well, i like both type of AMALA,  when the soup is put in the same plate with the amala,  draw soup is the best for amala grin

chop knuckle, u know what's up. grin. For real, amala is d best when it comes to swallows, topped and swimming in serious ewedu or like u said, draw soup cheesy. This foolfool( i mean fufu, lol) is some dangerous ish, the smell and consistency na health hazard. But let's round up here, amala deserves a whole new topic, make we no spoil mr. akpu's runs. grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2009
sugabelle:

chop knuckle, u know what's up. grin. For real, amala is d best when it comes to swallows, topped and swimming in serious ewedu or like u said, draw soup cheesy. This foolfool( i mean fufu, lol) is some dangerous ish, the smell and consistency na health hazard. But let's round up here, amala deserves a whole new topic, make we no spoil mr. akpu's runs. grin

each time i end up eating fufu, i tend to be as heavy as an elephant in a human skin.

ok, we will continue that another time,

i need to head to work to make some dough!!!
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by spikedcylinder: 9:37am On May 08, 2009
See them "chopping knuckle" because of food. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 9:40am On May 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

not food, but our taste in food. And before u ask what's the diff, don't bother bc i know ur argumentative and poke-nosing style. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

lol, The shortest shortcut to a man's stomach is where?

oya answer grin grin grin

sugabelle:

not food, but our taste in food. And before u ask what's the diff, don't bother bc i know ur argumentative and poke-nosing style. grin grin grin

I am not even Yoruba, but i eat almost all Nigerian cuisine,  except some extremely difficult ones to swallow grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by spikedcylinder: 9:53am On May 08, 2009
sugabelle:

Hmmm. . . . Argumentative over food? It was just a light jibber jabber, no need to get riled up over anything. undecided
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 9:53am On May 08, 2009
honeric01:

lol, The shortest shortcut to a man's stomach is where?

oya answer grin grin grin

I am not even Yoruba, but i eat almost all Nigerian cuisine,  except some extremely difficult ones to swallow grin

u never go work? grin. Chop knuckle one more time, and speaking of chopping, last time I checked, this is the food section, so carry go jo. henrico, meet u at Mama Kass  . . . cheesy wink
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2009
sugabelle:

u never go work? grin. Chop knuckle one more time, and speaking of chopping, last time I checked, this is the food section, so carry go jo. henrico, meet u at Mama Kass . . . cheesy wink

i am going now, ttyl undecided grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 9:36pm On May 08, 2009
Spikecylinder wan kill igbo men here with correct delicacy. Dem use akpu do juju for igbo men oh. grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 9:37pm On May 08, 2009

each time i end up eating fufu, i tend to be as heavy as an elephant in a human skin.

ok, we will continue that another time,

i need to head to work to make some dough!!!
Reduce the quantity you swallow. That is the major issue with us Africans. You don't need to swallow the balls until your gut is full. Use water and vegetable to fill the empty spaces.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 9:40pm On May 08, 2009
chop knuckle, u know what's up. Grin. For real, amala is d best when it comes to swallows, topped and swimming in serious ewedu or like u said, draw soup Cheesy. This foolfool( i mean fufu, lol) i[b]s some dangerous ish, the smell and consistency na health hazard[/b]. But let's round up here, amala deserves a whole new topic, make we no spoil mr. akpu's runs.
Why is akpu more of a health hazard than amala or alubo?. History have shown that people get food poisoning from any mud they dessicate. Dried akpu powder is more dangerous than the wet ones. How many families have you heard that died in Nigeria after a meal of akpu, it's always some dessicated food that poisons them.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 9:44pm On May 08, 2009
Starch and palm kernel soup coupled with dried fish or maybe pounded yam egusi soup with some wicked fresh fish will do me,

don't have time for apku with the wicked scent that goes with it.
Starch is Benin and Urhobo delicacy. You have to be very careful on the way you prepare it before you poison yourself with cyanide. I usually don't eat starch from anybody except if it was prepared by an urhobo or Benin woman because they know the science and how to make it cyanide free. Palm kernel soup is called Banga. na cholesterol power house be that but I likam die.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 10:33pm On May 08, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Why is akpu more of a health hazard than amala or alubo?. History have shown that people get food poisoning from any mud they dessicate. Dried akpu powder is more dangerous than the wet ones. How many families have you heard that died in Nigeria after a meal of akpu, it's always some dessicated food that poisons them.

i no talk say akpu dey kill o, or half of the igbo population would have been wiped out long ago! cheesy

Aloy.Emeka:

Reduce the quantity you swallow. That is the major issue with us Africans. You don't need to swallow the balls until your gut is full. Use water and vegetable to fill the empty spaces.

my brother, one ball of fufu is equal to four balls of amala, true talk. grin Like I said, fufu's consistency is heavier than the lightweight amala and harder to swallow(for me and to many with delicate throats tongue). and the smell . . . well, that is a story for another day. All in all it has its own flavour and potency so I understand why it's so popular with our able-bodied Igbo gents. wink cheesy
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by honeric01(m): 12:08am On May 09, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Stop that, you want to tell me how i should consume my fufu abi i eat according to what i have to do, i am a man and men always eat to their fullest okay? grin

Aloy.Emeka:

Starch is Benin and Urhobo delicacy. You have to be very careful on the way you prepare it before you poison yourself with cyanide. I usually don't eat starch from anybody except if it was prepared by an urhobo or Benin woman because they know the science and how to make it cyanide free. Palm kernel soup is called Banga. na cholesterol power house be that but I likam die.

I am a Bini dude, so don't worry about me being careful, my mom taught me how to handle the kitchen, so don't worry about that ok wink wink
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by spikedcylinder: 8:18am On May 10, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Spikecylinder wan kill igbo men here with correct delicacy. Dem use akpu do juju for igbo men oh. grin

You no be Igbo? Didn't you see the Big Stout I added for you? grin
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 6:54pm On May 10, 2009
Sorry, I don't drink alcohol at all. Why should I use my money to buy that bitter liquid?
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 6:56pm On May 10, 2009
Stop that, you want to tell me how i should consume my fufu abi i eat according to what i have to do, i am a man and men always eat to their fullest okay?
Make una see African man. Yes men eat to the fullest but I tell you half of what you consume can still fill your stomach if you use water to fill the gaps.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by AloyEmeka9: 7:01pm On May 10, 2009
my brother, one ball of fufu is equal to four balls of amala, true talk
How did you draw this inference. Remember that amala is made from dried yam or plantains and I don't think that yams have less calories than cassava. It's the method of preparation that determines the calorie content in most cases. Akpu has more carbs than garri but they are both from the same parent source. So if you want to compare akpu in terms of carbs, compare it with pounded yam freshly prepared. One good thing about akpu is it's smoothness and freshness and that is the only beauty it has.
Re: Igbo Men Vs Akpu by sugabelle: 10:11pm On May 10, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

How did you draw this inference. Remember that amala is made from dried yam or plantains and I don't think that yams have less calories than cassava. It's the method of preparation that determines the calorie content in most cases. Akpu has more carbs than garri but they are both from the same parent source. So if you want to compare akpu in terms of carbs, compare it with pounded yam freshly prepared. One good thing about akpu is it's smoothness and freshness and that is the only beauty it has.

I'm no food scientist, but I go by my natural instinct: akpu(see how the name strong sef grin) is very solid, even when prepared lightly and with plenty plenty water. cheesy. I'm sure it's because of this solidness that it is so popular with Igbo men who care more about substance than major food value (no tribalism intended!) wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Meal Of The Day And Why ? / Help;my Kitchen Is Alwayz Scattered And Disorganized ! / 3 Sachets Of Pure Water Sold For ₦100 In Akure Currently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.