Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike (1150 Views)

Why Amaechi Is Angry, Criticizes Me – Wike / "Video Of SARS Akin Fakorede Hijacking Election Results Has Vindicated Me" -Wike / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by iliyande(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2015
Governor Nyesom Wike has described the nullification of his election by the Election Petition Tribunal as a gang up against him and the people of the state arguing that the the judiciary was setting a dangerous precedent in the country with the way it had gone about elections in Rivers state.

Special Adviser to the governor on media and publicity, Mr Opunabo Nko-Tariah in a statement yesterday in Port Harcourt alleged that there had been effort to wrestle power from Governor Wike through the back door, adding that legal steps will be taken to defend the mandates of the people displayed in the April 11 general election.
“What is going on right now can best be described as judicial gang-up against Governor Wike, nay, the people of Rivers State. It is an affront on democracy and a blight disregard for the will of the people as evinced in the April 11 general elections.

“The courts are setting pernicious precedents by hinging their verdicts on inane points. Rivers people overwhelmingly gave their mandate to Governor Wike but a microscopic few want to wrest that mandate from him through the back door”.

Peterside condemns Wike’s attack on the Judiciary

Meanwhile, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in the April election, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, has condemned the denigration of the judiciary by Governor Nyesom Wike, his agents and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Peterside who spoke in Abuja said the vilification of an important arm of government like the judiciary by desperate politicians portend grave danger for Nigeria and her budding democracy.

He described the disparagement and on-going war against the judiciary by Wike and the PDP as a dangerous example that must be checked quickly because of its calamitous consequences.

“The judiciary is a sacred and respected institution. Therefore, any person or persons who openly criticise judges and their rulings obviously have a sinister motive.

“However, it is gratifying to note that people are beginning to fully appreciate the character and temperament of the people we engaged during the last general elections in Rivers State. They are obviously finding it difficult to live under due process and the rule of law because they are used to impunity and violence, the two evils that were taken to new heights under the last government.

“If service is really the reason for being in politics, then it is tragic that these politicians are conducting themselves in such a spiteful manner. Nobody is above the law and when people openly and brazenly challenge institutions of state like the judiciary, it sends the wrong signal.

“The APC in Rivers State and its candidates took their losses at the various election petitions tribunals with equanimity, knowing full well that a window of opportunity still exists. Even when we felt very dissatisfied with the verdicts, we still did not abuse the judiciary or judges who handled our cases because we know the consequences of such defamatory actions.

“Wike and Rivers PDP are still living in the past but they should be reminded that Nigeria of today is a survivor because she defeated impunity and all the lawlessness of the last administration”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nullification-of-election-judicial-gang-up-against-me-wike/
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by prettytasha(f): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2015
sorry wike

2 Likes

Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by abiolert(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2015
when u rigged your way into power It wasn't gang up?

2 Likes

Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by DuchessLily(f): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Wike that is politicking ooo... Take heart
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by DuchessLily(f): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2015
abiolert:
when u rigged your way into power It wasn't gang up?

And which of them did not rig their way into power??

The gang up should be done uniformly cos they all rigged (in fact it was survival of the 'riggest' grin) . abi kano with their outrageous result no rig cos na APC win, abi??

This govt is over corrupt if they don't do a general 'ganging up' against both APC and PDP govs.
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2015
prettytasha:
sorry wike
I sent you an email on designing an e store, you said nothing.
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by prettytasha(f): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2015
wahabian:

I sent you an email on designing an e store, you said nothing.
my email is jammed ...pls sir how can I help u ?
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
prettytasha:
my email is jammed ...pls sir how can I help u ?
I want to open an online e store,i'd like you to open one for me
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by modath(f): 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
The only gang up against Wicked Wike is by Peace , Justice .& Equity & they are just about to light real fire on his ass when his immunity is over.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by Chiaka(f): 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
We will vote you again and again Wike.
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by prettytasha(f): 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
wahabian:

I want to open an online e store,i'd like you to open one for me
OK ..tho it will cost u
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by sammyj: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
ok
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by size40: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
Lol...... To Mr Wike. Imagine Wike talking about gang up? Mr Wike that ganged up with the former President GEJ to cede our oil wells to neighboring states of Abia, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa states. But today, the same Wike is bitterly complaining about the dwindling revenue allocation to Rivers state which made him to write Revenue Mobilisation and fiscal Commission for the reversal of the ceded oil wells. Imagine Wike that ganged up with the power that be to highjack power from the people of Rivers southeast senatorial zone in our state because of greed. Mr Wike never see anything yet. By the time we are done with Wike in Rivers state, Wike will never discuss or participate in politics again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by neolboy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
no weapons formed against Wike shall prosper
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by PentiumPro(f): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
prettytasha:
OK ..tho it will cost u
ouahabian@gmail.com tell me about is,thats my mail
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by abiolert(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
DuchessLily:

And which of them did not rig their way into power??

The gang up should be done uniformly cos they all rigged (in fact it was survival of the 'riggest' grin) . abi kano with their outrageous result no rig cos na APC win, abi??

This govt is over corrupt if they don't do a general 'ganging up' against both APC and PDP govs.

yes they all rigged but the truth be told if there is a sign of massive rigging in any part of Nigeria there should be justuce .I don't care if its an APC state or PDP state,justice must be served
Re: Election Nullification, Judicial Gang-up Against Me – Wike by nwanwaoge(m): 4:05am On Oct 29, 2015
iliyande:
Governor Nyesom Wike has described the nullification of his election by the Election Petition Tribunal as a gang up against him and the people of the state arguing that the the judiciary was setting a dangerous precedent in the country with the way it had gone about elections in Rivers state.

Special Adviser to the governor on media and publicity, Mr Opunabo Nko-Tariah in a statement yesterday in Port Harcourt alleged that there had been effort to wrestle power from Governor Wike through the back door, adding that legal steps will be taken to defend the mandates of the people displayed in the April 11 general election.
“What is going on right now can best be described as judicial gang-up against Governor Wike, nay, the people of Rivers State. It is an affront on democracy and a blight disregard for the will of the people as evinced in the April 11 general elections.

“The courts are setting pernicious precedents by hinging their verdicts on inane points. Rivers people overwhelmingly gave their mandate to Governor Wike but a microscopic few want to wrest that mandate from him through the back door”.

Peterside condemns Wike’s attack on the Judiciary

Meanwhile, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in the April election, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, has condemned the denigration of the judiciary by Governor Nyesom Wike, his agents and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Peterside who spoke in Abuja said the vilification of an important arm of government like the judiciary by desperate politicians portend grave danger for Nigeria and her budding democracy.

He described the disparagement and on-going war against the judiciary by Wike and the PDP as a dangerous example that must be checked quickly because of its calamitous consequences.

“The judiciary is a sacred and respected institution. Therefore, any person or persons who openly criticise judges and their rulings obviously have a sinister motive.

“However, it is gratifying to note that people are beginning to fully appreciate the character and temperament of the people we engaged during the last general elections in Rivers State. They are obviously finding it difficult to live under due process and the rule of law because they are used to impunity and violence, the two evils that were taken to new heights under the last government.

“If service is really the reason for being in politics, then it is tragic that these politicians are conducting themselves in such a spiteful manner. Nobody is above the law and when people openly and brazenly challenge institutions of state like the judiciary, it sends the wrong signal.

“The APC in Rivers State and its candidates took their losses at the various election petitions tribunals with equanimity, knowing full well that a window of opportunity still exists. Even when we felt very dissatisfied with the verdicts, we still did not abuse the judiciary or judges who handled our cases because we know the consequences of such defamatory actions.

“Wike and Rivers PDP are still living in the past but they should be reminded that Nigeria of today is a survivor because she defeated impunity and all the lawlessness of the last administration”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nullification-of-election-judicial-gang-up-against-me-wike/
.... ; grin..when power changes hands,there's little or nothing one can do at times like these....take heart my amiable Wike..i watch in 3D

(1) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong With This Picture / Plagiarism Claim Disproved On Nigeria Professor That Solved 156yrs Maths Problem / What Electoral Act & The Constitution Says On Death/substitution Of A Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.