Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,544 members, 7,837,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That (42504 Views)

Presidency Keeps Mum On Indictment Of Usani, Buhari’s Minister For Fraud / Uguru Usani Was Indicted For Fraud In Cross River (Documents Attached) / Usani Uguru Reveals Sponsors Of Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
i came here too.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
grin
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Lies... Useless Reporter......Go get d Video on YouTube..
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by RichThug(m): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
grin it haff be for dat guy wey shout Godforbid!! if i hear sey u become minister make Ishilove buy me drink cheesy. and for those senators wey laff dat woman for saying our pledge wrongfully dem no get shame sad as if dem too fit talk am. I trust my Ukpa eating Senator Theodore Kalu that guy go raise the roof cheesy cheesy
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by seunlayi(m): 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
AFTER SEARCING FOR MORE THAN 5 MONTHS, THIS IS ALL GMB WAS ABLE TO GET. WE WERE ACTUALLY SCAMMED

2 Likes

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Themandator: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chiaka:
WHICH WAY NIGERIA
HMN!
Another ministerial nominee, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, who was only picked simply for being the foster sister of the Kaduna state Govenor, Mallam Nasir El Rufai, shamefully missed one of the lines of the national pledge, after she was asked to recite it to show her patriotism

Reciting the national anthem or pledge is not an evidence of loyalty or nationalism... Even the devil quoted the Bible

1 Like

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by menix(m): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nd d Nominee looked more of Arusi apiriapi,

Hope they both lose out.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Chiaka(f): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
For a national leader should be one of the top priorities goes to show this country is bleeped!
Themandator:

Reciting the national anthem or pledge is not an evidence of loyalty or nationalism... Even the devil quoted the Bible
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by himola: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
na dem dem joor! y ppl never tire of dis kilimajaro script.
if u lyk sing dance hall jamz instead of reciting national anthem,
if u dnt censored ur word "devil 4bid",
if u even claim u never collect "open" bribe or signed d cheques u stylishly collect d pay.
na padi-padi nah, leave naija joor, na we get am. house pls take a bow & take a bowl full of .........
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by malonephill(m): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
ZUBY77:
I would miss three lines myself.

What am I? A primary school kid?

Jow many senators there can recite the pledge?

Do you think Buhari, OBJ or Tinubu can recite the pledge?
typical mama peace, their no difference then
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Chiaka(f): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
For a business man I agree for a national leader hell no. Goes to show no clues about what we uphold in the country to seeking for a portfolio to grab and not to serve.
ExInferis:

i dont hold brief for the nominee and i certainly cannot stand El Rufai, but i dont think its that big of a deal that she cant properly say the pledge.

Most of the senators and governors cant either, but it in no way diminishes one's ability to serve or be productive.

We Nigerians put too much stock in paper certificates and insignificant details rather than capacities and abilities.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Chiaka(f): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
For a business man I agree for a national leader hell no. Goes to show no clues about what we uphold in the country, just all out seeking for a portfolio to grab and not to serve.
ExInferis:

i dont hold brief for the nominee and i certainly cannot stand El Rufai, but i dont think its that big of a deal that she cant properly say the pledge.

Most of the senators and governors cant either, but it in no way diminishes one's ability to serve or be productive.

We Nigerians put too much stock in paper certificates and insignificant details rather than capacities and abilities.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by omowolewa: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ugurur made that on reflex and not really intentional. Though, childish.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Akainzo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Firefire:

85% of APC members are with PDP since 1999.

The CHAGE slogan is FAKE!

100% of Pastors were sinners before being born again! Is the Gospel Fake??

3 Likes

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by blackpanda: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Hahaha grin

PDP? God truly FORBIDS grin grin
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by michelism(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
kennygee:

A big sham.

But its really a shame if a so called ministerial aspirant cannot recite her country's pledge.

Who then is sheserving biko?

Her pockets?

Correct your mistakes or you'll not be forgiven.
PDP isn't a sham but a shamE. Ask PDP ministers in Jonathan's administration and you'd still get same result. They are all thieves; we know!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by hinwazaka: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
The mods are playing a funny game. That's not the title I picked for the forum
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by instaforexngr(m): 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
poor journalism or childish blogging.
The Lady in question recited National pledge correctly.
Watch the video again.
Lame bloggers looking for cheap traffic

1 Like

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by gretblue: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nairaland has turned to market woman reporting house. This news was copied exactly the way it was reported from their market reporting outfit (vanguard).The said woman in question was screened yesterday and she never missed any of the stanza in the National pledge. Infant the woman was one of best nominees as she responded well to all the questions directed to her.This fact was acknowledged even by the minority leader.( Akpabio).as well as the other senators present.

1 Like

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by reiddecuti: 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
sunnymaja:
He cannot recite does not mean he did not know it. Every educated NIGERIAN knows it but some might have forgotten it. So, it is allowed
How can u forgot if u re a truely a patroit. This kind of thing can't even happen in a country America. There, if u miss even a word, ur out automatically. It's only in this country ruled by dullads that such things can happen. Afterward, she'll be pronounce minister.
This marks the begining of her failure as a minister.

Sorry NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by arabianights: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
"God forbid" [/b]should i not be able to recite the [b]"pledge"

1 Like

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Rotimi47: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
God forbid! PDP make una see ona life! I thought Akpabio know how to throw jabs with his mouth but alas! He met a very bad guy who threw a better jab. grin
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by ExInferis(m): 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
Chiaka:
For a business man I agree for a national leader hell no. Goes to show no clues about what we uphold in the country, just all out seeking for a portfolio to grab and not to serve.

I see your point..but still....

It still shoudnt be a prerequisite for service. Are you saying some of the soldiers daily sacrificing their lives in the North East are not worthy for service on account of not knowing the pledge or the anthem?

There's a bunch of public servants who know the pledge, the anthem, and even the constitution but still have not added any value to Nigeria.

I believe there are better questions for the senators to ask than recital of the pledge. I also believe there are better metrics for gauging suitability for the job than repeating the pledge.

A grasp of our problems and how to solve them with limited resources ought to over-ride whatever other flaws the nominee has over our nationalistic motifs.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by homirefacuny(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
OVI75:
Aside Ocholi and kachikwu's sterling performances,most of the ministerial designate were below par especially those almajiris.
Fashola.... Enemala..... You forgot right?
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by seangy4konji: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
lol...i nor fit laugh jor.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
lol
I remember during my GST103 exam, a question was: write the Nigeria national anthem.
There was huming sound in the exam hall from start to end and no mouth was actually moving.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by IlekeHD: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
sunnymaja:
He cannot recite does not mean he did not know it. Every educated NIGERIAN knows it but some might have forgotten it. So, it is allowed

If you can't recite a poem, you don't know the poem.

Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by sirTesco(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
Lovexme:
Bunch of educated illiterates undecided
so wrong, dont say 'educated illiterates' but 'schooled illiterates'. Schooling is not Education.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by adconline(m): 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
Naija picking folks not ready for leadership since 1954...
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by bapullow: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Even formal minister of finance said she regret working PDP government or Previous admin.
Re: 'God Forbid', Usani Uguru, Ministerial Nominee Apologizes After Saying That by daveP(m): 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
sunnymaja:
smh

your excuse is like a dog giving reason for eating excreta when its hungry.

This is an inexcusable thing.

Soon the name of the President and his VP would not be memorised, and as usual someone, somewhere will say it is allowed.

And for the record it was a 'she' aka El-Rufai's relative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Declares Malam Umar Namadi Winner Of Jigawa Governorship Election / Pictures Of Sanwo-Olu And Wike Commissioning Projects In Rivers / 11 Best Quotes From Buhari's Address To His New Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.