Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,668 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (14499 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Igboland Is Not Landlocked / Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
To those who says igboland is landlocked, heres a post from an opobo lady who is very vepround.d of her igbo lineage..... Mind u, i used the word 'VERY VERY PROUD'

It's a great blessing to be IGBO!
I can tell you a million and one reasons why I relish being IGBO!
In my next twenty lifetimes, I would love to still remain IGBO!
We are like the Jews. Anytime a group is persecuted, guess what?, they become stronger in virtually all aspects of life.

My story will be short because I have clients (HIV-infected professionals and non-HIV clients) waiting for me.

I remember going to Opobo in the company of my late father, Chief Sir Edmund Obizukowa EZIE, the late town clerk of Portharcourt Municipality from 1960 to about (not exactly sure now) 1964. We visited the compound of the historical and beloved KING JAJA of Opobo. My dad told us that the late king hailed from AMAIGBO in Orlu and was the father/founder of Opobo.

Opobo, Ahoada and many of these areas are IGBO.
Please do not disgrace God by renouncing your IGBO HERITAGE!!
Instead, please remain proud of it.

Sincerely,

Dr. Tina Edmunds-OGBUOKIRI (Nee EZIE)
Professor of Pharmacology/Therapeutics, College of Medicine of the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus and Consultant Clinical Pharmacist to the UNTH (1979-1994).
Takemi Fellow, Harvard School of Public Health, (1994-1995)
Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy ( 1996-2014)
CEO/Founder Tina Ogbuokiri and Associates , Expert Witnessing and Technical Defense for Litigations (2014 -present)

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Rose2014: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
Op you're on your own
Yorubas avoid threads like this like a plague

But if u had said 'opobo is not Igbo' or Igbo is landlocked' aha this thread will be on page 3 by now

If u doubt me, watch n see how this thread will die an untimely death

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by naijapips02: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
grin tales by moonlight

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Let them avoid my thread na, does it change the fact that

1, opobo is igboland
2, igboland is not landlocked

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:
To those who says igboland is landlocked, heres a post from an opobo lady who is very vepround.d of her igbo lineage..... Mind u, i used the word 'VERY VERY PROUD'

We are like the Jews. Anytime a group is persecuted, guess what?, they become stronger in virtually all aspects of life.

My story will be short because I have clients (HIV-infected professionals and non-HIV clients) waiting for me.

I remember going to Opobo in the company of my late father, Chief Sir Edmund Obizukowa EZIE, the late town clerk of Portharcourt Municipality from 1960 to about (not exactly sure now) 1964. We visited the compound of the historical and beloved KING JAJA of Opobo. My dad told us that the late king hailed from AMAIGBO in Orlu and was the father/founder of Opobo.

Sincerely,

Professor of Pharmacology/Therapeutics, College of Medicine of the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus and Consultant Clinical Pharmacist to the UNTH (1979-1994).
CEO/Founder Tina Ogbuokiri and Associates , Expert Witnessing and Technical Defense for Litigations (2014 -present)

Have you ever heard of Arochukwu local government? Two towns I know there have boundary with the Mediterranean sea. So I don't know why uninformed people go online to talk what they don't know.

Many of them think Igbo end with with a few town they know. I don't blame them, I blame the government that has neglected to develop some of these places.

We are talking about the cement factory dangote is going for at isu, but many don't know it is because of the sea route that is attracting him not the lime deposits.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mek God punish your mouth if you call my place an Igbo land. U don call us mba mirin and lazy folks finish. Just shut up OP. Go back to your history.

As Obama is the President of the United States of America. Does it make US a Kenyan soil?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Rose2014: 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:
Mek God punish your mouth if you call my place an Igbo land. U don call us mba mirin and lazy folks finish. Just shut up OP. Go back to your history.

Where is your place?

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rose2014:

Where is your place?
Opobo

8 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by LordMecuzy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

Sincerely,

You work with CIHP,APIN,IHVN,FHI?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Opobo

What language do u speak?

9 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
YORUBA AND HAUSA'S are united on social media ,

they inbox each other ,and they formed a social media (likes) club , did you see how they float topic 's and inbox every Yoruba on nairaland and face book ?

they wait for radio Biafra comment's where they use radio Biafra conversations point's to float threads , BUHARI and DSS are following them on social website's .

they are all listen to radio Biafra and they are paranoid . that's why you see them making contacts with all traditional rulers in NIger delta ,

they are bribing them with money and promises to voice out against Biafra .

they even using lie and propaganda

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Rose2014: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Opobo

Oh really? I thought u're Ijaw

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

What language do u speak?
Which language are you writing with? Does it make you English?

9 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rose2014:

Oh really? I thought u're Ijaw
So Opobo is not Ijaw??

7 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Rose2014: 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

So Opobo is not Ijaw??
Did u read the op at all?Or u just want to attack me? which one do u prefer?

Btw I don't even know where is where. I'm only seeing all these back n forth arguments everywhere on nl recently

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
they even invited agbor traditional ruler to ASO ROCK . FOR WHAT REASON >?

THIS guys are here on nairaland floating comment's and replying back , even Buhari is here Nairaland ,all the northerners and south

west .

they hell bent to thwart IPOB EFFORTS .

Their mission is to use social media hate propaganda against IPOB and eastern region .

they will use TONYEBARCANISTER and dump him . TONYEBARCANISTA IS truckpusher . I use to follow this 2 moniker .it is own by barcanista . the Idiot is writing for money .

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rose2014:

Did u read the op at all?

Or u just want to attack me, which one?

Is a thrash now. Distorted history to pride his ego and his followers. King Jaja is just one man in Ibani (Ijaw sub group like Kalabari and Wakireke))Land, Bonny. He moved with Ibani chiefs to another Ijaw lands which are the present day Opobo and was elected to be the King in same Ijaw land. So how is it now an Ibo land?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by coolitempa(f): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Opobo is iboe......come to think of it sef....the whole of Nigeria is iboe.....they own all of our lands.... grin

16 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Which language are you writing with? Does it make you English?

Can you please shut up...if your father didnt tell u about opobo, i'll tell ya. from ur post im sure u re ijaw... no true opobo/bonny man will never deny his igbo lineage. Even the present jaja, THEM NEVER BIRN AM WELL. Na joke I dey o

An opobo man posted this on naij.

opobo is igboland founded by an igbo man , yes! Part of the grand design to severe the Igbo ties is not unconnected with the long kingship tussle that greeted Opobo at the demise of her last Amanyanabo. As we all know, there was a gang up by some chieftaincy houses of Ijaw origins in Opobo to unseat the Jajas. But after 30 years of legal battle, the Nigerian Supreme Court, on the 23rd of April, 2003, ruled that “Opobo is not a traditional town as we know it. It is a Settlement founded by King Jaja, and remains his estate and that of his descendants” Led by the legal giant, the late Chief G.C.M Onyiuke (SAN), the Jajas' authority over Opobo was permanently signed and sealed.
It was after the landmark ruling that the family established a foundation in honor of their patriach and quickly appointed Anyim Pius Anyim, the then Senate President, as the life Chairman. Thus, the success or otherwise of de-tonguing Opobo - from Igbo to Ijoid Ibani - will largely depend on the acceptance of the Jaja dynasty. Opobo was founded on Igbo language. And King Dandeson Douglas Jaja, the man I saw at Peter Obi’s farewell gathering at Awka, does not appear like someone who would play with history and tradition.
Opobo is one settlement that will be difficult for revisionists to undo as all documents signed by King Jaja himself on behalf of his estate were well secured. And which helped the surviving off-springs reclaim their father’s settlement in the Supreme . Therefore, it is only the Jaja family that can determine the cultural identity of Opobo.
In August 2014, at the Elekahia Stadium, Port Harcourt, Hon. Dakuku Peterside representing Opobo told the “unification” gathering of Ohaneze Ndigbo that “I’m a full blooded Igboman….My town, Opobo, was founded by an Igbo, the mighty King Jaja...”

iJAW SEF, UNA TOO DO! SHUOO

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
coolitempa:
Opobo is iboe......come to think of it se.f....the whole of Nigeria is iboe.....they own all of our lands.... grin

U this tanned yansh girl... u re yoruba, remember. ?. This thread is educational, and if you dont wanna get educated.. kindly fvck off!

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Abagworo(m): 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Is a thrash now. Distorted history to pride his ego and his followers. King Jaja is just one man in Ibani (Ijaw sub group like Kalabari and Wakireke))Land, Bonny. He moved with Ibani chiefs to another Ijaw lands which are the present day Opobo and was elected to be the King in same Ijaw land. So how is it now an Ibo land?

Opobo was not Ijawland. It was founded by Jaja and his followers. However Jaja the leader was from Amaigbo in Imo State and Opobo was established with Igbo as 1st language.

Leaning towards Ijaw for convenience is understandable but do not distort a very recent and open history.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

Can you please shut up...if your father didnt tell u about opobo, i'll tell ya. from ur post im sure u re ijaw... no true opobo/bonny man will never deny his igbo lineage. Even the present jaja, THEM NEVER BIRN AM WELL. Na joke I dey o

opobo is igboland founded by an igbo man , yes! Part of the grand design to severe the Igbo ties is not unconnected with the long kingship tussle that greeted Opobo at the demise of her last Amanyanabo. As we all know, there was a gang up by some chieftaincy houses of Ijaw origins in Opobo to unseat the Jajas. But after 30 years of legal battle, the Nigerian Supreme Court, on the 23rd of April, 2003, ruled that “Opobo is not a traditional town as we know it. It is a Settlement founded by King Jaja, and remains his estate and that of his descendants” Led by the legal giant, the late Chief G.C.M Onyiuke (SAN), the Jajas' authority over Opobo was permanently signed and sealed.
It was after the landmark ruling that the family established a foundation in honor of their patriach and quickly appointed Anyim Pius Anyim, the then Senate President, as the life Chairman. Thus, the success or otherwise of de-tonguing Opobo - from Igbo to Ijoid Ibani - will largely depend on the acceptance of the Jaja dynasty. Opobo was founded on Igbo language. And King Dandeson Douglas Jaja, the man I saw at Peter Obi’s farewell gathering at Awka, does not appear like someone who would play with history and tradition.
Opobo is one settlement that will be difficult for revisionists to undo as all documents signed by King Jaja himself on behalf of his estate were well secured. And which helped the surviving off-springs reclaim their father’s settlement in the Supreme . Therefore, it is only the Jaja family that can determine the cultural identity of Opobo.
In August 2014, at the Elekahia Stadium, Port Harcourt, Hon. Dakuku Peterside representing Opobo told the “unification” gathering of Ohaneze Ndigbo that “I’m a full blooded Igboman….My town, Opobo, was founded by an Igbo, the mighty King Jaja...”

Go get your head corrected. I won't join issues with animals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Distorted wat, when was opobo established?... 'is a trash now'... how trashy is my post, or u meant ur sentence?

Okay u meant jaja isnt igbo?..

Must u claim every riverine group in nigeria as ijaw? Ijaws are becoming annoying, expecially that tonye bacanista

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

I just corrected you, mind you, nigeria is just a geographically entity, when it crashes, every ethnic group go find im brother... grin

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

Go and sit down. Opobo is a private estate of Jaja, and his descendants.
If Jaja Ijaw subordinates who accompanied Jaja to opobo from Bonny want to retain their Ijaw identity in Opobo it's understandable. But the Opobo land doesn't belong to Ijaw, it belongs to Jaja descendants, an Igbo slave boy who became a free man, and who hails from Amaigbo Imo state, and Jaja himself bought many Igbo slaves to Opobo most who became free men and part of Jaja Opobo today, a situation which has enabled Opobo retain its Igbo flavour.

Only Jaja descendants will decide where Opobo ends up. You Ijaw people there have no such rights.

Your attempts to dispose Jajas off the throne of Opobo had already failed. Opobo is not under your control.

Now go and D.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:

Opobo was not Ijawland. It was founded by Jaja and his followers. However Jaja the leader was from Amaigbo in Imo State and Opobo was established with Igbo as 1st language.

Leaning towards Ijaw for convenience is understandable but do not distort a very recent and open history.

How can you say, it was founded by an Igbo man? The history you guys wrote is distorted. When he moved with his followers? Who re his followers? He is Igbo not denying that fact, but an adopted slave by the Bonny King same can be said of all immigrants in foreign soils. Having said that, he never regarded himself as an Igbo man, but an Ibani man to the core, it was the civil war that broke out in Bonny between his group (chiefs war canoe houses) and Oko-Jumbo (an Igbo slave too) who opposed him. He escaped with these same Bonny Chiefs to Obolo land (Andoni). The king of Andoni welcomed them and gave them land accross trans-ocean, the present day Opobo.

I'm not leaning towards Ijaw. Beside, do you know my lineage is not Jaja and so why should I claim what am not?

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by SpaceTour: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
I hate all these claims here and there. You people have a lot of time in your hands. As far as am concerned it is only Anambra that is existing. Anything outside that is purely business for me. I did some supplies about a month ago to Wike led administration in Rivers State and another one at the early stage of his government and on each occasion we got alert almost immediately, I care-less where or which is Igbo-land or not so far as your state can give our firm some contracts or supplies to make. This generation should think-smart abeg!

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by kel4soft: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
pazienza:

Go and sit down. Opobo is a private estate of Jaja, and his descendants.
If Jaja Ijaw subordinates who accompanied Jaja to opobo from Bonny what to remain Ijaw, it's understandable. But the Opobo land belong to Ijaw, an Igbo slave boy who became a free man, and who hails from Amaigbo Imo state.

Only Jaja descendants will decide where Opobo ends up. You Ijaw people there have no such rights.

Your attempts to dispose Jajas off the throne of Opobo had already failed. Opobo is not under your control.

Now go and D.

You summarised to suit your ego. Clap for yourself. Opobo was founded not as an Igbo nation, we had different culture from Igbo bar the language which is still been an issue with the people of Bonny. So Bonny is still an Igbo land since Jumbo houses are Igbo slaves. Please go and read history of Opobo Kingdom written by her indigene not what one man at Arochukwu wrote.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by naijapips02: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
glassjar1:
YORUBA AND HAUSA'S are united on social media ,

they inbox each other ,and they formed a social media (likes) club , did you see how they float topic 's and inbox every Yoruba on nairaland and face book ?

they wait for radio Biafra comment's where they use radio Biafra conversations point's to float threads , BUHARI and DSS are following them on social website's .

they are all listen to radio Biafra and they are paranoid . that's why you see them making contacts with all traditional rulers in NIger delta ,

they are bribing them with money and promises to voice out against Biafra .

they even using lie and propaganda

jisos shocked
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by biafranqueen: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

thank you my Dear I am so surprised at the ignorance I have been reading lately, but it is good to know who is hating on the downlow.

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

You summarised to suit your ego. Clap for yourself. Opobo was founded not as an Igbo nation, we had different culture from Igbo bar the language which is still been an issue with the people of Bonny. So Bonny is still an Igbo land since Jumbo houses are Igbo slaves. Please go and read history of Opobo Kingdom written by her indigene not what one man at Arochukwu wrote.

To be very sincere, you are not making any sense, sorry

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by biafranqueen: 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abagworo:

We can finally agree!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Buhari Vows To Find Missing Chibok Girls / Oyetola, His Deputy Dragged To Court Over Oath Of Office / 2023: Osibanjo To Battle Tinubu, Amaechi For Buhari Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.