Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (14558 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Igboland Is Not Landlocked / Question: Is Igboland Landlocked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by IGBOPRINCE: 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
kel4soft:

You summarised to suit your ego. Clap for yourself. Opobo was founded not as an Igbo nation, we had different culture from Igbo bar the language which is still been an issue with the people of Bonny. So Bonny is still an Igbo land since Jumbo houses are Igbo slaves. Please go and read history of Opobo Kingdom written by her indigene not what one man at Arochukwu wrote.
bro you re not a strong material, sorry to say this, I ve read your comments accordingly to your replied but you re not making sense at all. sad
You need to be school well or calm down to convince us well like a scholars.

You re so impatient and acting like an ijaw man. If truly you re an opobo then calm down and express yourself well.

Most of your comments lack direction of taste sad

So ride on and tell me how is opobo not founded by an igboman from amaigbo?

I am listening to you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
glassjar1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you barcanista grin grin grin grin

you are very funny my foolish friend . You use to inbox your share nonsense to me .

you are paranoid bros but you a fool though . I regretted given you my "likes" . enjoy your chronic brain cancer cool
You can use all those smiley to make yourself feel better even as you die in pains but the truth remains that the moment you remember that we have our own identity and that people like me who's not an Ijaw man is willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with an Ijaw man to put to an end to your expansionist agenda, you'll always come back to your senses and reevaluate your lies and stop spreading further lies that will make you bite the dust again.
You'll never get an inch from a width and breadth of any part of Niger Delta or South South or whatever freely by preying on our pride and cheap blackmail but under the barrels of the gun amidst sweat and blood. Go figure .......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Even ikeja is igboland....some people can perform better than Alibaba

Ikeja belongs to the Ijebus, Aworis and Eguns, all of which are independent ethnic groups with affliation to Yorubas who are found in Ondo, Osun,Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun( I call the four 0s and E) cool
It's not Igboland, no Igbo had ever claimed it, instead it's Yorubas from four Os and E that are forcefully attaching themselves to Lagos, and are currently marginalizing the real ethnic groups of Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by naijapips02: 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
pazienza:

There was no Igbos those days. It was all man for himself. Jaja fought with the Ndokis and Ngwas for the control of Imo river lucrative oil trade.

The Abohs terrorized the Ogbas and some Anambra communities for decades.

The Aros were a pain the ads for all other Igbo groups.

There was nothing like Jaja joining Ijaws to fight Igbos, rather Jaja was using Ijaws to fight his wars against the Ndokis/ Ngwas for the control of the Imo river.

And this was after both him and another Igbo leader in Bonny used their subordinates to fight each other Bonny, before Jaja took his Ijaw subordinates and founded Opobo.

So we can then say that JAJA was fighting for his town, opobo, against his igbo brothers? why fight if he believed he was brothers to the igbos? Jaja renounced his igbo identity. He never changed his ijaw name even when he had the chance.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

Abegi, both of you are very silly, kingsolex, is opobo ijaw speaking or igbo?... is opobo's customs ijaw or igbo, bros abeg answer... I dey wait!

Ijaws who came in as porters also
settled there and the Igbo language was adopted.

Igbo parlance, It is said that someone's
neighbour could be more of a brother. The saying
is hinged on the fact that the proximity associated
with neighbourliness promotes mutual
understanding and empathy. The Ijaw and her
neighbours, including the Igbo, have known one another
for thousands of years pre-dating the famous Hausa-
Fulani relationship.
The pre-Nigerian history of the Ijaw and the Igbo in
particular, was indeed a peaceful one, filled with
significant legacies. One of them was the formidable rise
of an Igbo slave boy, who later became one of the most
respected African kings. King Jaja as he was known, was
equally revered during his reign by the British Royal
House of Windsor. He was shrewd in business, as well as
savvy in politics. The slave boy from Amaigbo, in the
present Imo state, later founded Opobo Kingdom and
established the Jaja dynasty that runs till date.
The history of the Ijaw and the Igbo in respect of the
origins of Opobo and Bonny (Umu-Ubani), vis avis the
intermingling of the two peoples, have actually produced
a hybrid race. The two communities today are bi-lingual.
The Igbo dialect of Opobo known as "Igbani", was
favourably chosen as one of the Igbo dialects by the
colonial Bible translation committee. This was In total
exclusion of Nri/Awka and Onitsha dialects for that
matter. It could rightly be said that the Igbo version of
the Holy Bible is a testimony of the real Igboworld. It is
not uncommon to hear Igbo family names such as
'Ubani', referring to the town of Bonny. But the post civil
war politics has twisted Bonny and Opobo, and made
them sound far distant lands from the rest of the Igbo.

opobo is ijaw they only adopted Igbo for communication, culture similar not same sir.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
You can use all those smiley to make yourself feel better even as you die in pains but the truth remains that the moment you remember that we have our own identity and that people like me who's not an Ijaw man is willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with an Ijaw man to put to an end to your expansionist agenda, you'll always come back to your senses and reevaluate your lies and stop spreading further lies that will make you bite the dust again.
You'll never get an inch from a width and breadth of any part of Niger Delta or South South or whatever freely by preying on our pride and cheap blackmail but under the barrels of the gun amidst sweat and blood. Go figure .......

O.K I hear you NIGERIA AGENT . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I Bet you did not receive up to $100.00 dollars (hundred dollars ) from APC . APC APPOLOGIST grin grin grin grin grin

it is too late barcanist bastard . enjoy your poverty grin grin grin I bet you have not drink kaikai today . grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Honestly, it is unfortunate that you of all people have condescended this low to believe whatever they've been spreading here to tarnish our image , our reputation and who we are ,even our value system but again I'm not disappointed at all as this have finally sealed my mind about you and your kind.
The people you considered as brothers and sisters made a statement that were sensitive and I replied accordingly to the pains and agony I was in that were of genuine concern and here you are; a big sister that was suppose to know better and call on both sides to sheath their swords and come back to their senses but here you are calling me out for simply reacting to something that doesn't protect my interest.
Thank you , I stand on everything I have said till death.
who the hell are you?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
I have kept quite for one week now because as far as I'm concerned it is not by force to join alliance with any group of people. I study history for fun and the truth is the truth thats why I spoke up now because that is the real history. Yet and still we don't need or want any so called SS or Ijaw nation alliance that is what I have been saying all along, we should focus on Igboland and Igboland alone.

We are not leaving our brothers in SS! Bonny island as a whole, phc, parts of benue , edo and kogi, none will be left to waste

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
patrick89:
who the hell are you?
I'm an ambassador of a new generation of minorities that will arise and cripple this slave and master system where the powerful thinks that they can swallow the weak by mere show of force, brutality,arm twisting and blackmail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by sammyj: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
It's taste by moonlite coming from the wailers camp !!! grin shocked grin
naijapips02:
grin tales by moonlight
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by pazienza(m): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
naijapips02:

So we can then say that JAJA was fighting for his town, opobo, against his igbo brothers? why fight if he believed he was brothers to the igbos? Jaja renounced his igbo identity. He never changed his ijaw name even when he had the chance.

Lol! Opobo is Jaja and Jaja descendants private estate. The case is already decided by the Nigerian supreme court. Ijaw in Opobo are customary tenants to the Jajas.

Jaja used Ijaw willing tools to secure his Opobo estate from other Ambitious fellow Igbos found in Ndoki and Ngwa.

Jaja is a brand, a winning brand that mbanaso nurtured through years of suffering rising through the ranks in a foreign Ijaw country. Every of his business associate has come to know him by that name by the time he became successful, the name also helped him to keep his Ijaw subordinates under his control, as through the name, they came to see him as one of their own and also paid him devotion and sacrifice, two things he milked to the end to his success.

Jaja was a thorough breed Igbo man that didn't deal with sentiments, once it comes to business, all that matters to the Igbo brain is profit maximization.
The name Jaja was a brand that helped in Jajas business profit maximization, he was never going to change the name for sentimental reasons.

10 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by biafranqueen: 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Honestly, it is unfortunate that you of all people have condescended this low to believe whatever they've been spreading here to tarnish our image , our reputation and who we are ,even our value system but again I'm not disappointed at all as this have finally sealed my mind about you and your kind.
The people you considered as brothers and sisters made a statement that were sensitive and I replied accordingly to the pains and agony I was in that were of genuine concern and here you are; a big sister that was suppose to know better and call on both sides to sheath their swords and come back to their senses but here you are calling me out for simply reacting to something that doesn't protect my interest.
Thank you , I stand on everything I have said till death.
Your welcome My Dear you have every right to stand for what you believe. I have seen it on Facebook too, those I thought we were united with and you think it does not hurt. Like I have said and will continue to say we are not interested in "land grabbing" as you call it what we are interested in development, unity and progress. Me and my kind have never had help only hatered and we do not need it at this late point of time. We have heard you and all I can say is no wahalai!

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

We are not leaving our brothers in SS! Bonny island as a whole, phc, parts of benue , edo and kogi, none will be left to waste
Tall dream my friend and dreams are just dreams, even mad men dream too.

You'll lose and trust me , there is something you'll never understand about life as an igbo man - When you've got a plan it's better not to brag about it .

Igbos brag too much and this is their downfall.

In this situation that y'all feel that you find yourself , all you need is being discreet about it until it is all over but you talk like a prostitute high on steroid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:

Your brothers started it...nairaland is becoming very sensitive... let us thread carefully, I want the ss and se to unite but barcanista brought about ownership of port harcourt city,let this be known, igweocha was before phc! Let the truth be said. Opobo is igboland thats the truth and nothing but the truth, ever heard any igboman claim warri? One thing u dont know about the igbos, they are not power hungry or land grabbers like the fulani, we are Republicans in nature. Pls truckpusher, I have zero issues with you or ur ethnicity, I was only being fair, even when the truth is glaring for all to see, yet all became blind because its an igbo thing... in all sincerity, truckpusher, is opobo an igbo town or not ?

6 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Tall dream my friend and dreams are just dreams, even mad dream too.

You'll lose and trust me , there is something you'll never understand about life as an igbo man - When you've got a plan it's better not to brag about it .

In this situation that y'all feel that you find yourself , all you need is being discreet about it until it is all over but you talk like a prostitute high on steroid.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin BARCANISTA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ogogoro brain grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ekpeteshi grin grin grin grin grin

water borne cholera grin grin charcoal iron board .

niger-delta my azz cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:

What plan? Sorry you are very dumb.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Dbboy(m): 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
I'm an ambassador of a new generation of minorities that will arise and cripple this slave and master system where the powerful thinks that they can swallow the weak by mere show of force, brutality,arm twisting and blackmail.

It's better you allow the igbos claim what is there's after all we are not after Ijaw land but any sign that the Ijaw nation is trying to steal an inch of our territory would lead to full invasion even down to bayelsa so stay off Ndoki, opobo, ikwerre and any Igbo group that was militarily and forcefully attached to you.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by biafranqueen: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

Your brothers started it...nairaland is becoming very sensitive... let us thread carefully, I want the ss and se to unite but barcanista brought about ownership of port harcourt city,let this be known, igweocha was before phc! Let the truth be said. Opobo is igboland thats the truth and nothing but the truth, ever heard any igboman claim warri? One thing u dont know about the igbos, they are not power hungry or land grabbers like the fulani, we are Republicans in nature. Pls truckpusher, I have zero issues with you or ur ethnicity, I was only being fair, even when the truth is glaring for all to see, yet all became blind because its an igbo thing... in all sincerity, truckpusher, is opobo an igbo town or not ?
My Dear you should just let it go it doesn't really matter, the truth is never hidden just unknown to some and known to those that will use it for progress. They have made their mind known, the truth means nothing to most people these days.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

Opobo isn't an igbo town and can never be an Igbo until you're ready to lose and lose until you come back to your senses.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dbboy:

It's better you allow the igbos claim what is there's after all we are not after Ijaw land but any sign that the Ijaw nation is trying to steal an inch of our territory would lead to full invasion even down to bayelsa so stay off Ndoki, opobo, ikwerre and any Igbo group that was militarily and forcefully attached to you.
You'll pay a price that will take you centuries to recoup.

Mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by biafranqueen: 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
pazienza:
[b] Yes pazienza. But first of all, the effort to obliterate any thing Igbo is habitual with my Ijaw brothers.

King Jaja, for himself and on behalf of his lineage, clearly ESTABLISHED a dynasty in Opobo. So said Justice Niki Toby of the Supreme court of Nigeria in 2003 in his ruling.

Jaja on his establishment of Opobo, had 14 families in his entourage. They now constitute sections of Opobo town. These families were rather his vassals. In 1869, he clearly spelt out in the so called "Minima agreement" with these vassals that his new estate - Opobo - and its rulership must remain within his lineage.

So it happened that after the death of King Douglas Jaja 1980, the Ijaws wanted the throne! Apparently to better manipulate the place of king Jaja in Opobo history. Some of the members of these largely Ijaw families concocted a story that the current King was not the true son of his father and therefore should not succeed him. And in addition, claimed the "Minima Agreement" of 1869 vested the power to select the king of Opobo amongst them the 14 families and to which they had selected some one outside the Jajas.

Anyway, Opobo WILL continue to be the Crimea of Igboland, so long as the Jajas continues to Identify with AMAIGBO, as they have always been doing. Opobo na small matter.

http://news.biafranigeriaworld.com/archive/2003/jun/11/004.html FROM THE GUARDIAN

FULL TEXT OF THE SUPREME COURT RULING
http://lawaspire.com.ng/2014/08/chief-raymond-d-ogolo-ors-v-chief-paul-d-fubara-ors/ [/b]
They will never answer you on this one it would take cognitive thinking skills.

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
willow0802:

What plan? Sorry you are very dumb.
Not as dumb as your entire tribe that are soaked in falsehood and self deceit.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:

I once said that too but guess what! Shit dont happen that way. I call it tales by midday,....nonsense mtcheewww

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
You'll pay a price that will take you centuries to recoup.

Mark my words.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bastard of all bastards grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you barcanista eheee grow brain . oh fish can give you 1 grin grin

you are struggling now grin

shocked shocked gouged shocked shocked slow poke shocked shocked shocked.

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nkoro

Opobo–Nkoro (also spelled Opobo/Nkoro) is a Local Government Area in Rivers State, Nigeria. It is part of the Andoni/Opobo/nkoro constituency of the Nigerian National Assembly delegation from Rivers. The capital is Opobo Town.[1]

The Opobo–Nkoro people are mainly farmers and fishermen.They are of Igbo extraction. They speak Igbo language. Just like the neighbouring Bonny, founded by Ndokis of Azuogu, slaves from the hinterland transformed the demography of the area when the Transatlantic Slave Trade was abolished. Ijaws who came in as porters also settled there and the Igbo language was adopted. Although, there are no indigenous Ijaw communities there, most Ijaw migrants and porters have fully been integrated into the original indigenous Igbo communities.

Pro-Natura International Nigeria has been assisting in community-led development in the LGA.

7 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by patrick89(m): 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Please watch this video and see for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqcu0fD9aAU
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by RapLawd(m): 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Landlocked...waterlocked or airlocked!!! All we want is#Biafra!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Not as dumb as your entire tribe that are soaked in falsehood and self deceit.

if you ever bring that nonsense to ASABA cool cool I SWEAR you breath your last breath . cool cool

shocked shocked shocked shocked slow poke shocked shocked shocked

ogogoro bastard grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Truckpusher(m): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
glassjar1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bastard of all bastards grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you barcanista eheee grow brain . oh fish can give you 1 grin grin

you are struggling now grin

shocked shocked gouged shocked shocked slow poke shocked shocked shocked.

grin grin grin grin
Too many emoticons of smileys and others signifies pains or mental illness my friend and I've stopped engaging mad men.
This is the last intelligent reply you'll ever get from me.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by idu1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:

gringringringringrin
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by glassjar1: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Truckpusher:
Too many emoticons of smileys and others signifies pains or mental illness my friend and I've stopped engaging mad men.
This is the last intelligent reply you'll ever get from me.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you are drinking and cooking with the same water where you poo and urinate

NIGER-DELTA / SOUTH SOUTH

DUMBLING grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
My Dear you should just let it go it doesn't really matter, the truth is never hidden just unknown to some and known to those that will use it for progress. They have made their mind known, the truth means nothing to most people these days.

Pretty, im sorry, I'll continue to reiterate..... one thing I noticed on nairaland is how facts are quickly distorted to fit the op's imagination, and then when u decide to keep quite, the gullible ones aka kingsolex and his yoruba gang will always hop in and cement the lies. I will not agree o!... I will hit them ten folds with zeus arrow, I mean the truth must be upholded lest these humans will distort it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Disowns Group That Accused Osinbajo Of Manipulation. / Court Summons Emefiele Over $53m Paris Club Debt / Simi: Election Budget Should Have Been Used To Fix Hospitals And Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.